The Secret Society / Scam for money

1 PO Box 6305Dover, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: (440) 484-2510

I received a letter from these people to send $139.95 for life secrets. Well, I sent the money. Needlesstosay I was scammed and unable to retrieve the money I sent for the "inside secrets". Oh yeah, they give you telephone and fax numbers but refusal to make any refund. I again received a second installment due for another $139.95 as a second and final payment. This "organization" is scamming America. Wish there is something I could do to get my $140 refunded from these people. Sad and ripped off! DON'T DO IT...

Comments

• Ou
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I got the same letter. I requested the "free" literature, by the "deadline". Next, came a booklet of repetitive talk about how you can change your life in ten seconds. Along with a request for $139.95 for the "rest" of the secret. The odd thing is, all the stories, from the "changed" people, were GIVEN the information by someone else in the "Secret Society". Even though it tells you NOT to share the knowledge with anyone but your children. My guess, is they get public records about foreclosures, bankruptcies and credit report information. Then send it out to people who are experiencing a hardship of some kind. They must hope that they will try anything to change their lives. My suggestion, is take that money and pay one of your bills. You will be better off. I would love to change my financial life. Who wouldn't. With secure financial conditions, your emotional well being becomes better too. I would rather get back to work and earn my fair share of money. There is no worse feeling, than not being able to provide for your family. I have been in the home remodeling field for 30 years. It has never been this bad before. Trying to compete against companies who hire illegal imigrants for less pay, and those who don't carry proper insurance, has ruined it for legitimate companies. I hope for change, but this "Secret Society" is not the way to achieve it. Please don't fall victim to this scam.

• We
      8th of Mar, 2010

i also recieved this letter and was confused and creeped out by it's message. Knowing that other people have recieved these and that it's a scam is in a way relieving, but I feel bad about those who send the money in for the second installment.

• Bo
      23rd of Mar, 2010

I received a letter from The Secret Society and got scam for $139.00 never to rec'd book of knowledge. Please do not send money to thos organization.

• Ev
      26th of Jan, 2019

@bobby123 I Just got one today and I don't believe in these scams I will follow up on this, because I hate people who scam others . I am very devoted to these kinds of scams by letter or phone calls people get. NEVER fall for these things it's all about money they can get from you. You are better to take a lottery ticket and you have more change to win. These scams will never give you anything but sorrow

• Ed
      6th of Feb, 2013

I just called them yesterday to order the $139.95 book with my bank debit card. Is there a possibility my bank can stop the payment or is it too late?
    edzmom

• De
      14th of Jan, 2014

new address out of Dallas, Tx and it is of course a po box. funny thing is I rec a letter last year around Sept. i sent for the free info. then started getting letters to take the next step. a time limit for pmt. I then rec another in DEC for the free info again i sent for it to see if it was the same info and it was. this time i did not get a letter to take the next step until now and the letter is dated for Jan 4 was post marked Jan 3 was told needed to be back to them by jan 10th and low and behold I got it today Jan 14th. so i called the number to see if it was a call center and it was if you listen you can here the noise (214 553-1938) Correen told me she could not do anything for me being it is past the due date so she gave me another # to call (800 480-2336) If this isnt a scam then I do not know what is and that is why I did not send anything to them the 1st 5 times.

20th of Feb, 2014

Those folks are getting around. All the same stuff . Thought it was a scam and it is. You know what say If sounds to good to be true it NOT.

• Td
      17th of Mar, 2014

They have proof they telling the truth! They have pay for me to proof this isn't scam! They can lie to you!

• Al
      29th of May, 2014

Has anyone actually received the 1200 page book from this Secret Society?

• Ga
      14th of Jul, 2014

I, too, would love to know: has ANYONE RECEIVED the 1200 page book from this Secret Society?

• Co
      23rd of Jun, 2015

My mother got this letter and she lived in a care home. I know she did not send money because she didn't have much income. But for those that got stuck in paying, it's sad. There has to be a way to file a complaint with the FBI. They deal with fraud. Call them with the info you have and hopefully they can help.

• Do
      5th of Jan, 2016

I got the same letter, except i sent it back, telling them its a scam and some choice other words

• Cr
      16th of Oct, 2018

I just got that very same letter in the mail today (16 October 2018) from: Invitation Processing
    3490 South 4400 West #70629
    West Valley City, UT 84170-0629
    By the time i was done reading it, i was going to find a pond and see if i could walk on water.
    This same thing happened about 4 years ago. I got the initial booklet and it was "talking in circles" and saying little to nothing. I stopped there. They got me for the price of a stamp and that was it .

18th of Dec, 2018

I got the same letter in the mail from today from Tom. Haven’t checked the mail in a few days, so it says I have to call by this Friday, or I’ll miss the boat.

Guess I better swim then. I’m not sending those scamming douche nozzles a penny. People, I’m a retired cop, this reeks of scam. Save your money. If you’re down on your luck, this isn’t the answer.

Same address:

Invitation Processing
    3490 South 4400 West #70629
    West Valley City, UT 84170-0629

Don’t fall for the BS.

• Pa
      14th of Jan, 2019

I got mine today (January 14th, 2019) I also believe it to be a scam. I'm so glad I checked online first.

• Ho
      14th of Jan, 2019

Ha this is just about the worst and hilarious form of scam I’ve ever received in the mail. You have to had to them they went the extra effort in the mailing proceeds but when you think about how many people fall for this presentation of bantor...it probably pays for the mailings leaving a nice profit for them. Good luck with you’re secret society hope y’all have fun times together as mentioned in the letter. Some stand in ahhh...but they’re as normal as you and me - ok then seems legit- famous rich leaders of the world don’t do a mailing...Hmmmm Maybe they meet here for their meetings - if so I’m in they have the best spicy fish soup anywhere in the US promise

• Ho
      15th of Jan, 2019

@Howyoudoingyall Wow I’d like to edit my post my phone did weird things and now have wrong words and is a mess. So much for the simplest thing called the edit

15th of Jan, 2019

flattery will get you somewhere. i have had postal scams over and over all through the years. each time there is a hook of some kind that somehow even if only for a few minutes takes you for a little ride of sorts... i got a letter from "Tom" too, i guess back in the fall. the junk mail ended up in a pile. i was going through a clean up phase and came across the semi fancy first class envelope with the striped border, slightly oversize, multipage, printed on both sides. the flattery was amusing cause it describes me as special, it was creepy too, because, it said they knew a lot about me and had been keeping an eye on me. anyway its past the deadline. but the flattery was nice even though i don't deserve it. these people should rot from inside but live to grow old and die all alone.

• Cl
      15th of Jan, 2019

Man, are all of you trying to tell me I'm not going to be rich in just a few weeks now? WTH??? I just sent my letter off today for my free 55 page book. I thought I was the special one. I'm so depressed. Now I have nothing to look forward to. Thanks guys :0(

• Do
      18th of Jan, 2019

How many $5.00 do they need to see if I have won the $12, 000, 000.00, I sent one in now I waiting for the results !!!