The Scent Wizard / Two orders never received

1 IL, United States Review updated:

I ordered a product for Christmas 2008 which to this day, May 12th 2009, I have yet to receive. When I originally called right before Christmas, I was told that I would not receive in time and they were going to be closed after Christmas until January 5th. When I had not received at the end of January, I called them back. No answer, left message. I e-mailed them a week later when I did not receive a response. I did not get a response from my e-mail either. I checked thier track order and my product does not appear but I have an order number. I have called 1-2 times a week for the last 5 1/2 months and not once has anyone ever answered.

Since this item was for my mom and she really liked it, she tried ordering it last week. She has not received anything from The Scent Wizard so she has finally decided to give up on the product and look elsewhere. Why do they have a website if they are not shipping orders? I would highly suggest that you not waste your time on this company because they obviously do not care to return a call or e-mail, let alone sell a product.

Sh

Comments

• Bo
      29th of May, 2009

I placed an order on April 17, 2009 and have not received the order. Today is May 29, 2009. Numerous calls have been placed and an email sent regarding the order. It has become most evident that delivery of customer service on any level is not a priority of this company. It appears that The Scent Wizard is in business to accept money for product which will NEVER be mailed to the consumer. What a rip off!!!

• -1 Votes

Thanks for the heads-up...hopefully people will stay clear of that website.

• -1 Votes

report them to the better business bureau in New Jersey: www.bbb.org

You could even try the attroney general's office in that State. Hope this helps!!

• Ri
      27th of Jul, 2009

This company THE SCENT WIZARD totally ripped me off for over $160.00. They will not answer phones or e-mails & I sent NUMEROUS e-mails. I will be contacting the BBB in New Jersey also so hopefully someone else did too so they get enough complaints against them.

• Bi
      29th of May, 2010

Glad I read this befoe placing my order. Does anyone have any recommendations for any site that does good business for this type of product???

• Sh
      30th of Jun, 2010

I wish I had found this post before I was out $35.00!!

I placed an order 2 weeks ago. Order is "pending" no answer by email or phone when I attempted to cancel.

• Cw
      11th of Sep, 2010
    The Scent Wizard - order not delivered
    The Scent Wizard
    New Jersey

I placed an order on 8/2/10 and still have not received the order and today is 9/11/10!!! I have called them and emailed and got no response. The order has said "pending as status" since it was placed 8/2/10. They charged my card right away and did not deliver.

12th of Jan, 2011

I also ordered gifts before Christmas. They took $ out of my account but no products, and no reply through email or phone. These items were ordered over 5 weeks ago. They took me for $52.00. Warn EVERONE about "The Scent Wizard." I think I will go to bbb.com and report them even if others have already. We should all report them!

I guess they never got shut down. Today is 1/12/2011. The Scent Wizard is still taking your money with giving you your products. DO NOT SHOP AT THE SCENT WIZARD!!!

12th of Jan, 2011

Scent Wizard does not give you your products!!! Typo

• Gr
      13th of May, 2011

I order from this company all the time. I have never had a problem except one time they did not answer an email so I ended up calling them. I got my questions answered quickly and professionally. Honestly I would not care so much normally about a company but this company is one of the good ones in my book. Did you ever think maybe it was shipped and the post office never delivered it or they delivered it to the wrong house. I cannot tell you how many times I get my neighbors mail and packages. I am sure if you have a problem or question you can email them and if you dont get a response within 24 hours call them. If that does not work you can message me and I will give them hell for ya :)

• Bf
      10th of Jan, 2012

I placed an order with this company on Dec 12 2011 for a christmas gift. It is now January 10 2012 i have called a least seven times to only get a message that says they are on another line and will return my call a.s.a.p, no one has ever called me back.I have sent numerous emails and i get a auto responce that says they will respond with in one to two business days.I never hear from any one at this company.They took the money out of my account on the 15th of December.This company is a RIP OFF company.DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM.
    B FUHRIMAN

11th of Jan, 2012

I am sorry that happened to you, B Fuhriman. It happened to me too during the holiday season of 2010 - 2011. It was my first time ever ordering with this Co. I called the BBB because as you did, I also called time after time and emailed many, many times and got no reply. It was stressful and some gifts went without being given. However, about 6 months later I did receive a partial shipment of the products in the mail and a partial credit to my shipping charge. I believe they should send you your entire order! I love their products, but I went through months of being cheated by them and getting the BBB involved, so I will not be ordering from them again. Their products are comforting, smell good and their are lots to choose from. I finally found a Co. that sold products that I love and could give as gifts but their customer service def disappointed! Joanne

13th of Feb, 2012

I placed an order for 19.46 on 2-1-2012. Although it still reads "pending, " as of 2-13-2012, my credit card was charged promptly. Numerous calls and emails later, and still no contact. I should have looked here first. Luckily, it was not intended for a gift, or a huge sum, but this is still unacceptable. Will be pursuing complaints with BBB, and my CC company.

14th of Feb, 2012

So, after commenting on their FB page, referencing my order number, and linking to the other complaints here, I received a call with an apology, trouble with employees, ect. ect. She offered an "upgrade" to my order. I declined, an upgrade to nothing is still nothing. I want my money back.

• Th

1 hr 24 mins ago by Brittanicals 0 Votes

The Scent Wizard's Response...
    We offered to double the sizes on her order to make up for that fact that her order was delayed, but she requested a refund instead. We offer thousands of products and have a lot of suppliers and sometimes things get delayed. This order was delayed by one of our suppliers so we honored her request and refunded the order. We are also sending out the order free of charge tomorrow. We did in fact attempt to contact her by phone prior to today but we were unable to get her on the phone. I am unsure as to whether or not a message was left on her voice mail or not.

We have been in business for over 10 years and have thousands of customers, , and just recently stumbled on this site which we feel offers a one sided view of the situation. I myself placed an order a little after Christmas with JC Penney and did not receive it until a month later, and one of the items was cancelled all together. If you leave a message for us on our voice mail we will return the call within 24 hours excluding holidays and weekends. If you contact us by email you will also get a response within 24 hours by email. If you do not see the email from us within 24 hours check your spam folder.

If you need to call us our number is 973-785-2448. Our email is customerservice@thescentwizard.com. We will try to check in here and there to this post but the quickest way to get a response is to email or call us directly.

• Mo
      14th of Feb, 2012

To be honest, I cannot help but wonder if these complaints are bogus or just rare happenings. I have had nothing, but positive experiences with them and have even sent one of their reps a thank you card for being so helpful. I do not spend alot of money because i am on SSI, but even my 20.00 order every now and then is handled promptly. I admit on some occasions they may ship slower, but I have always gotten my products. One person who ordered 3 years ago and is still commenting on other posts makes me wonder if she is a real customer or someone just out to make them look bad.

14th of Feb, 2012

I have checked my spam folder, and nothing is in there. I appreciate your response here, but it bothers me that it took this. I think that I am well within my rights to request a refund, when I have not been contacted for nearly 13 days, and have little to go on to guarantee that what your company is offering would be honored. It is not a concern with the delay, so much as the fact that I was not contacted or responded to, and I do not feel that "problems with employees" was an ok thing to say...just own the mistake and then move on from there.

15th of Feb, 2012

Wanted to note that my account has as of now been credited. It is too bad, I tend to use a lot of scented oils, and was looking forward to the order. As of this am, my order placed with an ebay vendor less than a week ago has arrived.

• Ve
      15th of Mar, 2012

i had placed an order for two lamps and a bottle of oil they sent me a tracking number and a list of the items sent i recieved the oil but never the lamps and i that was about three months ago and the never answer the phone nor emails. is there anything i can do?

• Th
      17th of Mar, 2012

Verydisappointed78, I am with the CS Dept of The Scent Wizard, Id like to get to the bottom of this. Can you please message me with your info so that I may look into the order. I tried to search by city and have not come up with any orders. Either that or you can email us at customerservice@thescentwizard.com. Thanks :)