The Scent Wizard / Unauthorized charges

I placed an order on 2/8/9 for 8 bottles of fragrance oils, for a total of $49.15, including shipping. The Scent Wizard charged my Visa card promptly, and then never shipped the order. I sent numerous e-mails, and received one response promising to ship the order the following week. That was at least a month ago. I have still not received my order. I asked for a refund, and have not received that either.

Ja

Comments

• La
      4th of Aug, 2009

I have just had a similiar experience with this company.My order was placed July13th and my card was promptly charged also.I sent an email which I never recieved a response to. After reading these complaints I decided to call my credit card company. I have a Chase Mastercard, because of the rewards program I was able to file a dispute of this charge and it will be removed from my account within the next 2 days .My suggestion is to try and see if this option is available to you also. But we still need to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau of New Jersey and do whatever we can to stop other people from patronizing The Scent Wizard .

• Lv
      13th of Jan, 2010

I am beginning to think that I am having the exact same problem with The Scent Wizard. I placed an order of January 2, 2009, and my credit card was promptly charged. When I go on-line to check, the order status still says pending. I have emailed and called the company to no avail. I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as the CA Web Master Inspector which rates sites as caution, warning or validated. I am going to petition for this site to be rated as a warning and carry the warning that this site could put you at risk for financial fraud.

• Je
      14th of Feb, 2010

I placed an order with the Scent Wizard and my credit card was promptly charged, however it took them over two months to supply my order. I e-mailed them a number of times and even called them once but they didn't answer a single e-mail or return my call. When I finally received my order, they actually sent it to my home address instead of my work address so I had to collect it at my local post office on the weekend. There are better companies than the Scent Wizard on the Internet and after reading other complaints I know I will never use them again.

• Cr
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I am also having problems with the scent wizard. I placed an order in January. It has never delivered. I initially had 2 charges to my credit card and was actually able to get a person the first time I called. Ever since then, it shows that my order was pending for over a month. It then showed it had shipped and now I can not pull up a record of the account. If it was not for the fact that I have the email confirming the order, I would not have any information showing the order. I have emailed the company over 6-7 times and have also tried calling. No one answers the phone or returns phone calls or emails. It is like they do not exist once they have taken your money. I am contacting my bank to get my money back and I will also be contacting the better business bureau--- these guys are frauds!!!

• Sh
      30th of Jun, 2010

I am having the same experience.

They charged my card the same day I ordered and the order is "pending" after 2 weeks.

I have tried to cancel by phone and email and have received no response.

This was a gift for a friend who loves perfume, and when the occasion came I had no gift and no money.

Very bad business!!

• Ba
      3rd of Aug, 2010

Same issue, charged the card, order is still "pending" after almost 2 weeks. All phone messages and email seems to be ignored. This is perhaps one of the least professional online stores I have had the misfotune of dealing with. I will be filing a report with the BBB and making a point of spreading the word. My work includes web design and SEO so I should be able to put a dent in their business...

• Ho
      7th of Nov, 2010

THE SCENT WIZARD IS STILL AT IT . LOOKS LIKE I'M A VICTIM TOO, NOT KNOWING THEY ARE RIPPING EVERYONE OFF. I MADE AN ORDER OCT. 6, 2010 AND YOU GUEST IT THEY GOT MY MONEY ORDER AND CASH IT ON THE 17th OF OCT. AND OF COURSE I HAVE NO MERCHANDISE. I'VE CALLED EVERYDAY AND ALL I GET IS AN OVERLOADED ANSWERING MACHINE, I'V E-MAILED THEM 3 TIMES WITH NO ANSWERS. HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS ?????? BBB HERE I COME...

• Di
      4th of Apr, 2011

I also ordered about $50 worth of stuff...after two emails and two voicemails, I contacted American Express and told them to cancel the charge (one reason I LOVE American Express). No sooner had I done so than I received a very apologetic, conciliatory email from the company, offering to ship all the items I ordered immediately, but naturally I declined. I subsequently received a response which included a $5 coupon. I love their merchandise, but I'm really afraid to order from them again.

• Ba
      7th of Apr, 2011

Well I ordered something 2 weeks ago and I haven't gotten the items either. I've (thank goodness) never been scammed but I guess there is a first time for everything. I WILL contact the Better Business Bureau & Pay Pal about this company if I do not receive my order by next week. I don't understand how they can still be in business after they have done so many people wrong...Something should have been done already...It is 2011 and some of the comments were from 2009...

13th of May, 2011

I order from them all the time and never had a problem. I did have a problem emailing them one time and ended up calling them instead. They answered my questions quickly and professionally. They do not ship the fastest because they do not make their products until you order them. I think their products are well worth the wait. I am sure if you call them they can work out whatever issues you have had with your orders with them.

11th of Jun, 2011

I order from this company all the time. I have never had a problem except one time they did not answer an email so I ended up calling them. I got my questions answered quickly and professionally. Honestly I would not care so much normally about a company but this company is one of the good ones in my book. Did you ever think maybe it was shipped and the post office never delivered it or they delivered it to the wrong house. I cannot tell you how many times I get my neighbors mail and packages. I am sure if you have a problem or question you can email them and if you dont get a response within 24 hours call them. If that does not work you can message me and I will give them hell for ya :)

11th of Jun, 2011

Did you ever get your products?

• Fu
      3rd of Feb, 2012

I made a purchase 2wks ago (January 2012) and like all the other complaints I haven't received it. There's clearly no customer service and also after placing my order other strange charges started to pop up, the largest from Venetian Inn. Seems to me they may just be scamming everyone and stealing our info.

• My
      11th of Feb, 2012

I too placed an order to The SW on 1/17/2012 and it took the intervention of my credit card company to get a response from them about my order. Last week The SW told the credit card rep that my order would be sent via priority mail the next day and that I would receive the Tracking order # in an email that evening! I NEVER got an email and I STILL haven't gotten my order!! I just emailed The SW and told them that if I don't get my order by the end of next week I shall take further action against them!! Has anyone else done anything but verbally complain?? Myssti

• Ho
      13th of Feb, 2012

Y'ALL NEED TO DO LIKE I DID, KEEP AT IT, CONTACT BBB, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF. IT TOOK ABOUT 8 MONTHS AND LOTS OF HOMEWORK TO GET MY ORDER. WENT I CALLED THEM A " THEIF" IN MY E-MAIL THATS WHEN I GOT SOME SLOW ACTION. MAKE SURE THE BBB ( IN THEIR COUNTY ) HEARS ABOUT IT. THE MORE COMPLAINTS ON THE SCENT WIZARD SOONER OR LATER SOMEONE WILL CLOSE THEM DOWN, HOW THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS SCAM AND RIPOFF STUFF IS TOTALLY BEYOND ME. WE ALL WORK TOO HARD FOR OUR MONEY TO LET THESE LOSER'S GET AWAY WITH THIS CRIMIAL ACT.

• Re
      7th of Mar, 2012

I wish I had read the comments before I placed my order. I placed an order online
    1/24/12 as a Valentines Day gift. I never received my order. In fact for a whole week I called everyday and the phone would go straight to voicemail. After several emails and phone calls I finally reached them. So far I've spoken to Mara, who says she was the Supervisor, Jennifer and the last person said her name was Jessica when I asked, but she sounded like Jennifer. I've asked for a refund. It is now 3/07/12. I agree with the comment, to contact BBB.

• Th
      19th of Mar, 2012

Although we strive for perfection, we understand that sometimes there are issues that are beyond our control and we are working as hard as possible to eliminate these issues, but sometimes errors do get made and the only thing we can do is try and rectify the situation as best as we can. I would like to add that we have thousands of customers that have had no issues at all as well as more than 1500 likes on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheScentWizard Ms Grayson was in fact refunded as the last time she had called it was done on the phone with her and she was given the bank reference code, I apologize to anyone who has had a bad experience with our company, but would also like to add that we have been in business for 10 years and rely on several suppliers and are not a huge company. Sadly mistakes will happen. We do try and rectify all problems promptly and are working harder to eliminate the amount that we have. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at 973-785-2448 or email us at customerservice@thescentwizard.com.

• Xx
      24th of Apr, 2012

I have not received part of my order still, placed on 3/21/12 In the first place my original order took 10 days to be shipped with no tracking number and when I got it part of my order was wrong (Clear rolling bottles intended of Blue and no shipping list). I called on 4/5/12 (like your website requires) I talked to a lady that said that she would have it shipped to me the next day, so I waited even longer. I called again on 4/16/12, talked to "Jena" and she told me they hadn't sent it because the shipment that came in was all broken, so she would send me out a double dozen, take care of it personally and I will have a tracking number by 6pm that night. There's nothing in an email, nothing on your website, and there is no fallow up. I even E-mailed the customer service after getting a review email, still have not heard back. I don't put up with being lied to, should have known better with the out-of-date website, and will not order anything from them again.

• Me
      13th of Sep, 2012

I placed an order on 8/13/2012 for burning oil total of $42.48 and as of today 9/13/2012 I still have not received the order. I have sent several emails called and couldn't leave a message because the vm was full and when I finally got a chance to leave a message no return call and they removed my order under my account on their site. I need to know what can be done!

• Yo
      4th of Dec, 2012

You shady ### have the nerve to post a comment on a complaint board site that pops up soon as you type your companies name then put the letter C after it. Look here people this is a swindle online company. They don't ship orders, I tried them out for the first time with a fairly large order off 480.00 bucks as I do this for a living I sell burning oils on various street corners. This company doesn't answer the phone or emails and I'm in the process of taking legal action as I'm writing this. Bottom line don't buy from these crooks wish I woulda read this before I purchased. T25lewis@gmail.com if scent wizards wants me to remove this post . Give me my moneys back I'm a hard working man [censor]ez.