The Room Store / BIG WASTE OF TIME

1 Plano, TX, United States Review updated:

Bought two bedroom sets for my kids from the Room Store. After far to much shopping around "for a guy" we settled on the room store.Very friendly sales people that gave us space and were helpful when we needed them. Paid for furniture Feb. 22 They say it will be delivered March 4. On delivery day- no call-no delivery. Im a self employed contractor ( lost 400.00-600.00) waiting for them to show.I call them.They changed delivery date but didn't bother to call.Now delivery is Saturday Mar 7.Damaged furniture delivered. Now delivery is Tuesday the 10th - no call - no delivery. ( I loose more money)I call. Headboards won't be in untll Mar 27. I tell them to pick up the parts they left at my house and forget about delivering anything else. I must contact the store for this.They agree to pick it up but want to do it on a Thursday (Like I can afford to loose more money in these tough times) SAVE MONEY OR VACATION TIME AND DON'T BUY FROM THE ROOM STORE!

Bi

Comments

• Ag
      11th of Oct, 2011
    The Room Store - Warranty
    North Carolina

I am so upset with the customer service at "The Room Store". We purchased a sectional for our living room last May, however we did not start sitting on it until right around December. We can not sit on it without hearing a loud cracking sound. We did not purchase the extended warranty that covers defects after 12 months, so they are pretty much telling me that there is nothing that they can do. I have spoken to 6 people and the response is a standard... Oh I wish there was more that I can do however you did not purchase the extended warranty.

I feel like if I spend $1000.00 on a sectional, I should be able to sit on it for more than 6 months without falling through. They told me to call the actual manufacturer, because they no longer use them, but hey went out of business. I can not use my furniture, which looks to be in perfect condition. It is so embarrassing to entertain guest, because when they sit on my chair there is a loud crack.

I work at an apartment community less than 5 minutes from a whole line of furniture stores and I always recommend The Room Store to my new and current residents as their in store customer service was great . Time to think twice about that.

• Th
      12th of Oct, 2011

ummm maybe you should have taken the warranty?? OR sit on it sooner??? then you would have know! They prob woulda worked with you a few days after purchase, but they are not going to take your word for it that you didnt use the furniture in the 6 months you owned it...Honestly I dont believe you, i think you broke it and your trying to get something for nothing...Seems to be americas Motto theses days!