The Removal Group / Poor service

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I do not recommend this company, they over charged me by £400.oo on the day of collection. They quality of movers was very poor and damage to lots of furniture!

I just got excuse and fobbed off by the staff, who dont seem to care about you or your goods once they have taken the money.

Stay away from this company!

Comments

• Pa
      15th of Nov, 2007

Still no update from removal group they are a waste of time, damage and charged me extra.

Im taking them to court along with 8 other people in uk.

I spoke to another company and they owe over 30k to one company in London..!

Dont use a broker,

• Da
      15th of Nov, 2007

Hi,

I wish I had read this article first, they have just moved my goods to Spain. Loads of damage, 9 days late and they even charged me over 50% more on collection day.

See you in court removal group, do not use this company!

24th of Nov, 2007

DO NOT USE The Removal Group for ANY move, small or International. You will be very distressed, out of pocket and we warn you they DO NOT GIVE A DAMN about any of their clients. Very friendly on the phone when you are asking for a quote, once they have your money, all service and communication ENDS! We will be suing the Removal Group for reimbursement and I invite any one else to contact me who has recently been a victim of this bunch of cowboys. If you wish to join us in claiming against the Removal Group please contact me on jane@nautichef.com.

BE WARNED, anyone considering using this company, CANCEL IMMEDIATELY! Jane Costello Ebbitt.

24th of Nov, 2007

Six weeks after removalgroup.com they packed up our stuff, I sent an email to Rupert at The Removal Group, and he told me that the shipment was still in their warehouse, waiting for another shipment to combine it with. No notice from them that there would be a delay until I asked, and then it was another two months before they found another shipment to go along with ours. Nothing from them but apologies, never any advance notice of the wait removalgroup.com.

I urge you to learn from my lessons and choose a more reputable dealer. Feel free to email me at Email User for more info. The only thing I can do now is try to keep others from using the removalgrop.com same mistakes that I did.

--Aimee.

20th of Jun, 2008

Removal group are aload of w*****s and they dont give a shite about anybody but there selves, we used to do work for them until they owed us £10, 000 and didnt bother paying us.. please people dont use this company and dont bother talking to rupert, elisia, Raj waste of space

email me for more information vicky@removals24-7.com we are still going through solictors trying to get our money back so if there is anybody else out there who are in the same situation then would love to hear from you

Regards Vicky & Jonathan

• Mi
      27th of Aug, 2008

Don't use The Removal Group until you have read this - especially if you are moving abroad:

Right from the Managing Director downwards, this company is riddled with unhelpful and/or unreliable staff who seem very professional when they are trying to get your custom but once they have got you their treatment changes to that of a none-caring, bullying bunch of cowboys. Here are just a few complaints and criticisms I have with them.

* They do not deliver your goods - they offload the actual jobs to removal companies from all over the country. In fact they sometimes offload the collection/delivery to small family run businesses that, as proved in our case, could turn out to be unreliable and/or untrustworthy.

* They charge almost twice as much as some firms based abroad that actually do the whole job themselves.

* Despite all the promises on their wonderful website, they did not make an inventory of our belongings even though we ourselves prepared a list for them (which they didn’t use).

* They did not check out the firm that they offloaded our removals to. It was taken out to Spain in a small transit type van towing a trailer like a horsebox. There was only the driver who had to do all the driving, lifting and carrying all by himself – and some of our items, such as the three piece suite were very bulky and very heavy i.e. far too much for one man to lift and carry carefully.

* We were billed for approx ten cubic metres more than we were told when our goods were collected.

* We had an agreement to pay the final payment (approx £1, 300) by cheque. They didn’t keep to it and, despite my protestations, forced us to transfer the money to them, at extremely short notice, from our Spanish bank account. Our goods never arrived as the transfer obviously didn’t have time too clear!

* They then said, because we hadn’t paid the final payment, that they had taken our goods back to the UK – and demanded another £1, 000 to have them brought out again.

* At first, because of our agreement, we refused to pay any more money - we had already paid more than we should have and it was clearly their ###-up not ours! It took almost eight weeks before we finally cracked and decided to pay them the extra money….THEN…..when it arrived it was delivered by a local firm (based not three miles from our new home) who told us that it had been in their warehouse the whole time i.e. it had never gone back to the UK at all!!!

* Our leather three-piece suite arrived with scuffmarks and oil stains all over it. Many boxes arrived badly squashed – thank goodness we had packed all our breakables ourselves in acres of bubble wrap or God only knows how much stuff might have been ruined.

* When I contacted The Removal Group to complain I was fobbed off time and time again by staff at all levels who seemed either incapable of realising, or just didn’t care, how serious my complaint was. I was told that the Managing Director (Mr David Winter) was away on holiday and I would have to await his return as he had not left anyone in charge in his absence (unbelievable!!).

* Eventually, when Mr Winter returned, he promised to sort out all the problems but, despite reimbursing the money for the extra cubic capacity, that we never had, and the extra £1, 000 we had been bullied into paying, he has refused to pay any compensation for the atrocious service we received, for all the new goods and clothing we had to buy whilst they had been illegally kept from us, for all the costly phone calls from Spain to England and for all the stress and distress that they had so uncaringly put us through.

* Then, when I continued to press for compensation I received a letter, via their solicitors, stating amongst other things that our removal charges had been refunded. This is an absolute lie as, even after the refund of certain moneys that we should never have had to pay, we still ended up paying over £2, 000 for the most abominable service and treatment that, quite honestly I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemies.

* All Mr Winter has done, apart from what I have already stated, is to say a very nicely worded “sorry” in an unsigned, e-mailed, letter! Now sorry covers a multitude of sins but, whilst it may calm the waters somewhat, in no way does it compensate me and my family for the way we have been treated, nor does it refund our out of pocket expenses!

* I AM ALSO CONCERNED BY THE FACT THAT THERE APPEARS TO BE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST AS MR WINTER ALSO TRADES AS “SURE DIRECT” WHICH JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE FIRM THAT INSURED OUR BELONGINGS DURING THE REMOVAL PROCESS – AND OF COURSE IT WAS RECOMMENDED TO US BY THE REMOVAL GROUP.

• Mc
      21st of Oct, 2009

My flatscreen TV was missing and several items were damaged or broken. My memory foam mattress had a huge stain in the middle and the sofa had collapsed in the middle. If I had realised this firm isn't registered with any trade bodies and that there is actually nothing you can do legally other than join forces with other victims, I would never have used them. I'm still out of pocket to the tune of about £1000 for the missing TV and damaged goods. Don't touch them with a barge pole. Their inventory (which they insisted on me providing) was never used and they claimed that a handwritten inventory by the small firm that took my things into storage was sufficient proof for them that everything was intact and present when delivered.

• Ca
      21st of Oct, 2009

We also used this company to move from Germany to Australia. Luckily all our goods arrived but there was some damage to furniture. Although the extended liability insurance was paid for - since putting in a claim I have had no communications with them at all. Their partner mover in Australia is also trying to contact them to no avail.
    I was also told they were members of bar, but the Removalist's Ombudsman told me they could not do anything as the company are not members.
    Any partner company that has dealings with them will also be tarnished by their reputation and I would encourage no ethical removalist to have anything to do with them.
    I would like to hear from anyone who is taking them to court as I would also be interested in joining forces.

• Mi
      30th of Oct, 2009

Perhaps everyone should contact BBC watchdog

• Ml
      24th of Jan, 2010

I agree with all the complaints this company should be stopped.

We are currently relocating from Germany to Australia and have used “The Removal Group”, this is already a nightmare which has not ended yet (25th Jan 2010)

1. They state that they perform the removal themselves, when they actually contract the man down the road or another company that gives them the best price, no matter if the are qualified or have a good reputation.
    2. What they promise over the phone is not delivered, and one has to make sure you get confirmation via email.
    3. Contacting the responsible party is impossible and raising issues with management and customer service is fruitless without response. I raised my complaints, issues and concerns straight away.
    4. Due to the fact that they contract to someone else (outsourcing deal) they themselves have no idea what is happening and what the status is, they swallow information from their contractor be it true or not, and allow them to charge additional costs even if the event has not taken place eg. Charging storage costs when the vessel / shipment is still at sea and not arrived yet.
    5. Management and customer service will not call to discuss the issues (even though they promise a response in 2 weeks) and send emails such as pay up or your goods will not be delivered, this is blackmail and bullying. I paid everything in advance, and the additional costs were the fault of the removal company and not ours. The Removal company F&N worldwide has underestimated the work required and only sent one packer for 70 cubics, he arrived 6 ours late and was expected to pack the entire house in 2 days. They confirmed the kitchen & home gym would be dismantled and packed and at the last minute decided they had no time and would leave it, I had to arrange my own carpenter. They also ran out of packing material and decided they would stop packing and send the container 3/4 full, and send the rest later, when I had paid for a full container, and naturally would incur further costs.
    6. We are now at the stage were we are being bullied into paying additional demurrage costs due to the fact that they sent insufficient packers and ran out of packing material, otherwise they will not deliver our consignment. This is not fare.
    7. We also requested a box to be sent via airfreight (separate transaction and payment), they are refusing to deliver unless we pay the additional demurrage costs.

I would appreciate it if you could assist and give us advice on how to deal with this situation.

• Li
      13th of Apr, 2010

If I wasn't in such a hurry to leave Germany to go to the states, I may have done some more research! I feel like such a fool. On the phone, they were so pleasant and everything seemed kosher. I said I needed them in a week, and they said fine. Then they said it was an extra 250 pounds for them to come on a weekend. I was in a bind, so I agreed as long as they could be there before noon. The lady told me that they would be at my residence at 9am. When 1130 rolled around I gave them a call and was very rudely told that they don't usually work on the weekends and that I needed to be patient. I very calmly replied that I knew that they didn't work on the weekends, which was why I paid extra for their services! She said she would look into it and call me back. She did not call me back and the mover (yes, mover not movers) did not arrive until nearly 2pm. Although very polite, he was surprised by the work load, even though I had emailed a complete inventory with measurements to my representative, and while he put stickers on everything that I had already packed, my friends had to help move everything to his truck!!! I had paid for full service and it was my poor friends who were making the trip up and down the stairs. Before he left, he gave a piece of paper with his name and the address of the company that Removalgroup hired. No copies of anything, nothing legitimate, which of course I am taking full responsibility for in not inquiring about this crude method of receipt. When I got to the states, they billed me a third time, saying that my shipment was bigger then they expected!!! It's been nearly two months, I still have not seen my goods, and no one will email me back concerning the date in which I can expect shipment.
    Please please, do not use this company!!! Continue to research who you're dealing with, because its companies like this that are able to maintain a business because of suckers like me who do not do the necessary research.

12th of Oct, 2010

Here is my correspondence with the removal group,

I realize that I have made a very bad choice to use their "services" they have taken 300 pounds more from my account than agreed. And can't do anything about it now, 6 days before our move from Norway to South AFrica. I am distraught and don't know what I can do about it, adn who can help me with this? And what if they play up even more?

Can anyone help me, give me advise?

• Yv
      15th of Oct, 2010

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE CROOKS OR EVEN WORST CRIMINALS. I will post my full story once I finally receive my belongings. Hiring this company will be thee biggest mistake of your life.

5th of Nov, 2010

I have recieved all my money back from the removal group, including compensation money. Customer services dealt with my complaints and are taking disciplinary steps to rectify difficulties some staff has had with processes in their company. I am unable to remove complaint, if I could I would've.

Annasanna

• Er
      9th of Nov, 2010

I am saddened by this list of complaints...not because I think any of them are wrong, but rather because they reflect the experience I have recently/currently am experiencing. I contracted with the Removal Group in mid-June to remove my belongings from Copenhagen and relocating to the USA. They were responsive and friendly on the phone and via email (if even a bit aggressive) and their price was reasonable, though not the least expensive. They (or rather their contracted mover) arrived on the 27th of July, two days after the promised date, to remove my belongings but without the proper equipment to remove a grand piano. I was literally flying to the USA permanently that evening and so I had to arrange for another company to enter my flat (with the help of friends who thankfully were available to assist) and remove and store the piano until the Removal Group could pick it up. I had to pay this company for the pick-up, removal, and storage of the piano but was compensated by the Removal Group...until I was informed that my shipment was now LARGER than originally estimated and so the cost was increasing...by more than the reimbursed amount!! At last all my belongings were together at their shipper's warehouse in the UK...where they have stayed until now NOVEMBER 10th, 2010!!! After repeated emails/phone calls I finally was told that the goods are being loaded onto a ship and should arrive by the end of this month. I fully anticipate damaged, unusable items and am preparing my barrister for a court battle. Ever the eternal optimist I HOPE it won't come to this, but if any of you have chosen this path or found a better way to have this situation rectified please contact me (ejdzied@hotmail.com)
    DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!!

• Da
      15th of Nov, 2010

I have had similar problems with the Removal Group, I have recently moved from Barcelona, back to the UK.
    First they promised to pick up my goods on Tuesday the 26th of October, we then booked our flights for the following day.
    The morning of the 26th they told they had a problem with trucks stuck in France, they will be with me the next day.
    The next day they said the problems have grown, can I leave the keys with a neighbour for collection on Saturday. I had to delay my flight, whilst my family went on ahead. I left the key with a neighbour who waited the whole weekend for a call which never happened. They eventually arrived on the Monday. We where promised delivery between the 5th and 8th of November. It's now the 15th and we still don't when we will be receiving our household goods.
    At the moment, my wife and 3 kids are "camping" in an empty house with air beds and sleeping bags.
    I wish I had not used the removal group, not only do they string you along with false promises, and don't communicate, they just don't care.

• Re
      29th of Jan, 2011

Hi,

I'm another unfortunate Removal Group client.
    Let's join our forces to sue them.

I created a group in Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_147762335280124

Regards,
    Eugene

• Re
      29th of Jan, 2011

Hi all,

I'm another unfortunate Removal Group client.
    Let's join our forces to sue them.

Regards,
    Eugene

• Al
      8th of Aug, 2011

Unfortunately I did not check up on the Removal Group company and unfortunately I have had the same experience. I am now starting legal proceedings. How can they be allowed to continue to trade? What can be done to stop them trading? AnaB.

• Fr
      9th of Oct, 2011
    The Removal Group - DO NOT USE THEM, BUNCH OF INCOMPETENT LIARS
    The Removal Group, Sutton Coldfield
    Birmingham
    England, West Midlands
    United Kingdom

Bunch of brain damaged monkeys would unquestionably have provided a far superior service and delivered our property as agreed, it was so bad even the company that they used to moved us went through our boxes and took all my games consoles and some vintage comics which we had to claim for once we eventually got our stuff, which is still no consolation when i cant buy it any more, BUYER BEWARE AVOID THESE MONGRELS LIKE THE PLAGUE, YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID, laughably they are trying to scare me into paying back some money because i have posted the truth about their god awful service