The Readers Choice / Magazine / Keep charging my account on a monthly basis

1 GA, United States Review updated:

Although i didn't have the issues with them charging my account, they keep trying to get more money. Over the past year, i have received at least 10 phone calls from reader's choice about their magazines. I paid my subscription in full over 2 years ago and now they are calling talking about i had a 4 month grace period and now the billing would begin again. They tried to tell me that i had been making monthly payments since the account was established and the last payment was made in october 2008. I have no idea what these people were talking about because no payments were being charged to my account and the kicker was they didn't even have my correct address on file. I told them not to send me anymore magazines which i hadn't gotten in over 3 months and not to call me anymore about anything!!

Dw

Comments

• Ji
      20th of Jul, 2009

Readers Choice Magazine company is the most aggressive and rude company I have ever encountered. They have no respect for their customers. I have no idea how I even started receiving multiple magazines in my mailbox, but I probably clicked on the wrong thing when purchasing tickets online, according to my credit card representative. Repeatedly, I was charged $14.95. I complained to my credit card company because the line item said only "READERS CHOICE" and no one at my credit card company or myself, using Google, could locate them for two years. Finally, I called my credit card company enough times that they suggested cancelling my account JUST to get rid of these people.

That's when the phonecalls started. Two to three times a day sometimes, the 800# would appear on my cell phone. I have never even given out my cell phone number to a company! I asked them to stop calling me. They repeatedly badgered and harassed me to continue with the subscriptions. I said no. They repeatedly called back. Then they wanted the final monthly $14.95. The phonecalls intensified until I asked to speak to the billing manager, James Powell, and then his boss, Kyle Morris.

They wanted the last $14.95 and I stated that I had no invoice and they wanted to take care of it over the phone with a credit card. I said absolutely not and I would pay by check with a paper invoice only. They said they would continue to call until they received it. They explained they are on a predictive dialing system. It is entirely too much. I have no invoice! The person shouted at me and I said I don't ever want to hear from them again and I will pay when I get an invoice and only then. Don't EVER give your credit card to this company, and if you need to call them, the phone # is 1-800-917-5574. I know it by heart because it popped up on my screen so many times.

• Dw
      10th of Oct, 2009
    Readers Choice / Magazine Subscriptions - Un authorized charges
    Readers Choice
    New York

I became involved with this company through a web site offering low cost travel options. They were somehow tied in with this company, may even be the same individuals running it. We disputed their charges and ended up cancelling our card that they were making the charges to. They never received any money from me, but tried bullying tactics before they finally quit. Just this week I received another letter from them claiming a charge of $88.00 is due. The FTC needs to shut these operations down. I am requesting that my name be removed from their files and and e-mail confirming such action be sent to me. These people are ###.

• Xb
      30th of Apr, 2010

I'm having the same problem right now with them. I was receiving magazines for the first couple months or so then it stops. Now I get calls from these types of companies every two weeks even though they say they will stop calling. I have called my credit card company to try and ask them to block these people from charging my card and had little luck on that so far. I have called one company to have them cancel it out and refund my money. Now I have one more to go. After this I am reporting both to the Better Business Bureau and to the cops.

• Ok
      3rd of Jul, 2010

Try seven of them. My wife was scammed in short by 7 of these companies.
    First order - File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
    Second - File complaints with the Attorney General of your state.
    Third - Hire and Attorney to get back what you are owed.