The Queen Mary / Double charge for hotel room!

I received a copy of my balance the morning of Sunday Oct. 29 under the door of my room. With my name on the receipt and a balance of 251.50. I brought the receipt and cash to the front desk and received a receipt for cash payment. Later I realized the credit card I used to hold the room had also been charged 251.50. I called the hotel they said no cash was received for my room on Sun Oct 29. I then looked at my receipt received from the front desk on the 29th and not until then realized the name and the room number were incorrect. In fact I paid cash for someone else's room unknowingly due to a hotel employees mistake and also paid with credit card for my room. A total of 503.00 and a month and a half of excuses from the hotel. They just keep saying that they'll look into it and then never call me back. I'm getting excuses like "I don't know how you got that receipt" and " our cash drawer wasn't over". My bank has not been able to get results and I don't have time to play phone tag with them all day.

Va

Comments

• Ms
      2nd of Aug, 2017

I recently booked for one night at the Queen Mary hotel. After paying $75 for the room deposit and 177.07 cash. I went to the room which was not to what I expected. I proceeded back to the front desk and asked if it was possible for me to get a full refund her response was "Yes" the only thing was that she was going to document the why's which was fine with me. She did return my cash and explained my deposit would be put back on my card 2-3 days. To my surprise I got charged $102.25 and $25 dollars. It's been a game trying to get this resolved with personnel. Wish me luck.