&The Practice& DVD set / False advertising

1 La Grange, KY, United States Review updated:

On 1/11/09 I purchased online what was advertised as a brand new DVD set of "The Practice". What I received were homemade DVD's taped off the cable channel FX. Not only that, at least 2 episodes on each disc were unwatchable-I suspect they were taped off digital cable. Out of 22 discs 8 entire discs were unwatchable-they wouldn't even load(and this was tried on more than 1 dvd player)There are also missing episodes. I watched the show when it was on TV and one of the best story lines had to do with a podiatrist who cut the head off a girl he met at a bad and he turns out to be a serial killer and stabs one of the lawyers at the firm. The episodes leading up to the stabbing are missing-not on any of the discs at all. I am very disappointed in this product and was told I couldn't get a refund because it had been more than 5 days since I received it. There were 22 DVD's and I work full time. If 1 DVD had been messed up I might have looked the other way but I had to get through all DVD's to see the extent of bad product. This is what the website advertised...

What an amazing DVD Set for The Practice Fan!

All 168 Uncut Episodes - 8 Seasons on 20 DVDS

Excellent video and audio quality
100% in chronological order
Commercial free and unedited
This box set contains all 20 DVDs with Custom Artwork.
These DVDs are region free so they will play on any DVD player Worldwide and DVD-Rom, X-Box or PS2 worldwide.

These are brand new, in stock and ready to ship. On Sale for a Limited Time only.

53%

Price

Regular price USD $169.99
Sale Price: USD $79.95

Cu

Comments

• Al
      8th of Jul, 2009

Check www.hulu.com they have that episode.

• Al
      8th of Jul, 2009

You can find episodes on www.hulu.com
    I missed the practice when it was on tv. I caught up most of it there
    hope that helps some.
    By the way, You could have spoke with your CC company and did a charge back for false advertising.

• Mo
      17th of Sep, 2009

I September 2009 I purchased what was advertised as the new, full 8 seasons of the Practice on DVD. What I got was a stack of DVDs taped off of the cable channel FX. Besides being illegally made & sold, the quality was terrible, some shows appeared to be missing & there was no label or episode guide on each DVD. These were purchased online at tvshowstodvd.com. Beware of doing business with this company!

17th of Nov, 2009

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY! I also made the mistake of buying the 8 seasons of The Practice and received exactly the same homemade, poor quality DVDs as the reviewer above. There are missing episodes, duplicates of the same episodes and some discs won't play at all. Ridiculous! I contacted the company and "Sam" said he would send me a replacement set, however he never did and now won't return my repeated emails. I am going to contact my credit card company to see if I have any recourse to get my $50 back.

• Ca
      15th of Dec, 2009

I had the same issue...you can only watch seasons 1-3 online and a few episodes are missing. The DVD set wont work on any American product. I own several DVD players and computers and I couldn't get it to work on any. When I contacted the company, I couldn't get a response. It's like the disks are blank. They have a nice cover but if I wanted a picture, I wouldn't have paid $70+ dollars for it!!!

• He
      19th of Dec, 2009

What is the FBI doing about it? I guess one would have to be caught red handed, selling it on the street for an easy pick-up... Arresting Internet frauds like this is probably too much work!

• Kr
      11th of Mar, 2010

There's a website selling the practice series with the exact same wording as listed in the above complaint. It makes me skeptical of ordering. Thanks to everyone who commented...

• Oz
      12th of May, 2010

has anybody found a good place to buy the practice box set? there is a new site offering it..

has anybody used this before?

• Mn
      24th of May, 2010

I have also come across www.dvdgreatest.com looking for the season's of Maude for my mother in law, but something about the site seems really fishy...anyone know anything about them?

• Am
      22nd of Jun, 2010

On May 18, 2010, I purchased "The Practice" dvd set from www.dvdgreatest.com. for my husband for father's day. Immediately upon receiving them, I thought something was wrong. First, the packing slip was from EMS in China (written in Chinese) with no name or contact information. I looked at the first and fifth dvd of a set of 5. All other websites had at least a 10 disc package for the entire 8 seasons. After watching one show from those discs, I knew they were not auhthentic nor authorized. The dvds were of very poor quality, FX channel logo, etc. The same day I received them (5/29/10), I went back on line to the website and registered a complaint about the authenticity and authorization of those bootleg dvds and requested a refund whichwas 100% guaranteed according to their webpage. I have emailed them 3 times and have not had any response. Unfortunately, the website is no longer up.

Also, my account was debited by "CASHOO EU DOUGLAS" for the dvds.

• Gr
      25th of Sep, 2010

I was looking for the practice on Dvd and purchased it at dvd warehouse, (China) also and I got was a bunch of them copied from FX with some commercials and some were blank and they were very poor quality.The package was from China.The picture box was faded and you could tell by just looking at it.I was really pissed in the product. Hopefully it will come out on Dvd at the stores we know and have heard of.It comes to say Let the buyer beware...

• Re
      26th of Feb, 2011

I also am one of the idiots who bought The Practice only to discover terrible quality, missing episodes and that it was recorded from FX. I also bought for my daughter 7th Heaven and that doesn't play at all! These sites where I got the DVDs from came from links through Amazon. Is there nothing that Amazon can do to protect us? This is ridiculous to say the least! Rea from faraway Cyprus in the eastern mediterranean!

• Wa
      12th of Jun, 2011

Hi all
    Thank you for your posting, i was alos looking at geting the full 8 season which is adverised on some website, but im more suspesious now than earlier as some websites have the same descriptions as one of the posts here.
    Can any one recommend where to get them from?

• Ms
      16th of Aug, 2014

I had a similar occasion - bought the set, several did not work, some of the ones that did had sections of static, missing episodes, etc. I disputed the transaction. The CC company said I won, two months later they reversed it and said I had to return them to get credit. I had also reported it to the Copyright Fraud Division on the FBI and recieved an email telling me hold them in case the FBI wanted to pick them. The credit card company caved and refunded my money. I held them for several years, still around in a box somewhere. The only seasons currently legally availible are seasons 1 & 8. FOX bought the rights and claims they will be releeasing them soon.

• Li
      4th of Jan, 2015

Has anyone found where you can legally buy "real" DVDs as of 1/1/15 I can only find bootlegged versions. Amazon only has season 1 & 8. I watched 1-3 on hulu, and I feel like I need closure!!! Ive been searching around for days :(