The Post Media Network / XP Medic

XP Medic Software- The Post Media Network

After purchasing the product, I followed all of the instructions and downloaded the software. After the download I did not receive an Unlock Key Code.

There are no phone numbers listed to contact support only email addresses. They tell you that they have 24/7 support desk help. I have sent them five emails and no none has responded.

They have processed my payment but have not answered my email so I can not unlock the program and get it running. If this is the way this company functions, not responding to a supposedly 24/7 help desk, then I would like a refund. The problem is I have no way to contact them to expedite this process since no one responds to emails.

Kimberly Gust

Comments

Fl
  16th of Oct, 2008

This scam has been going on for over two years. There are many complaints identical to yours (also about another of their products Registry Patrol) on www.[redacted]s.com and http://forums.cnet.com. I have just filed a complaint with www.ic3.gov (Internet Crime Complaint Center). This is a joint venture with the FBI and other government agencies; they promise to forward the complaint to the appropriate governmental agency. I encourage you to file a complaint, too.

Ro
  18th of Oct, 2008

I have the same problem... it's a good bit to pay for the product, and I don't mind paying for performance, but it's really ridiculous that the company isn't granting unlock codes for whatever reason... I too have sent numerous emails with no response. Is it possible to get pay-pal involved? I'm considering contacting an attorney about it if they don't respond to my emails soon.

Rod

Ro
  25th of Oct, 2008

I also purchased Registry Patrol, with Identity Patrol thrown in for free. I did get the unlock codes. With Identity Patrol, it acts like it is updating, but doesn't, finds serious malware, then says it does not have the appropriate signatures, and can't remove the malware! Same as others, I have repeatedly emailed (making 'tickets' on their website) with the stock answer emailed and no real response. I emailed Post Media headquarters and got a stock response also. The complaint 'tickets' online have now been deleted! The programs don't 'update', don't work, and yes I will work on getting a refund also! I paid $34.95 - oh gee the price went up! Oh and I will also file a complaint - thanks for the info.

Du
  9th of Feb, 2010

I also purchased Registry Patrol, with Identity Patrol thrown in for free. Identiy Patrol seems to work but have not means of checking. Registry Patrol identifies problems with the registry but does not get rid of them. I have mailed to Post Media Network but have not got a responce. Registry Patrol download was not complete missing "Default Male Client" preventing me from emailing the "Support" entity. Eric Rogers

5v
  17th of Jun, 2010

I have had a bad experience with this company too. The parent company is POST MEDIA NETWORKS and are still pulling the same SCAMS as you have experienced. I was charged TWICE for the WINDOWS REPAIR KIT product and have had nothing but trouble since it was installed.

In addition, the product never worked. With the first purchase and installation I believed I had done something incorrectly as I could not retrieve my "UNLOCK KEY" and the charge had not appeared on my account. At this point, I have been charged twice for a SCAM.

In addition to the monies I lost to this company, I have spent an additional $200+ dollars to have my computer repaired only to find out, once WINDOWS REPAIR KIT was uninstalled my problems were over.

I too had sent several emails with no response.

I wish I had gone online to research this company before downloading.

I will be turning the company in to the appropriate authorities.

Me
  26th of Jun, 2010

After purchasing Registry Patrol on Jun 11, 2010, I followed all of the instructions and downloaded the software. After the download I did not receive an Unlock Key Code. It took four emails and 10 days before someone sent me a link that was suppose to solve my problem. Needless to say that didn't work either. The link provided a version that only partially work and nevered solved the problems it found.

I attempted to use the contact and help buttons and they didn't work at all. Of course there are no phone numbers listed to contact support only email addresses. They tell you that they have 24/7 support desk help. I have sent them six emails and no one has responded.

I requested through email for a complete refund and to date I have not heard from Registry Patrol or it's parent company Post Media Network. It appears that any product from Post Media Network is a scam!!!

BUYER BEWARE!!! I made this purchase using PayPal. I didn't have an account with PayPal at the time of purchase. When I determined that a problem existed I went to PayPal to address the problem. I had to open a account with PayPal before they would address this problem. Once the account was opened, PayPal informed me that they would only give Post Media Network my contact information to solve the problem. There was nothing that PayPal could do for this problem because it was purchased before the account was established. I'm currently working with my bank to solve this problem. Please do not use PayPal for any products unless you have an account established first.

This cost me $99.95USD because I failed to check on a problem recommed by AskNerd. It appears that AskNerd is part of the scam and the problem. I recommend any programs be purchased from a reliable source and that you can actually have in your hand. Lesson has been learned.

Mark Barnett

Me
  28th of Jun, 2010

This comment is for everyone that has had similiar problems with Post Media Network, Registry Patrol and AskNerd.net. Just read my comments posted 10 days ago. Further research help me but I'm afraid I lost my money. I do feel better starting a process that may shutdown this scam. Here is some information that may help you.

I did make contact with the Industry Canada Site and they don’t handle this problem. They did connect me with the government agency that does handle this type of problem. The agency is:

Competition Bureau Canada
Telephone: 819-997-4282
Toll-free: 1-800-348-5358 (Canada)
Toll-free TTY: 1-800-642-3844 (for hearing-impaired only)

Fax: 819-997-0324

Mailing Address:
50 Victoria Street
Gatineau, Quebec
K1A 0C9

The Information Centre is the primary point of entry for requests from members of the public.

I talked with them and they have started a investigation concerning The Post Media Network, Registry Patrol and Asknerd.net. They will work this problem and if it appears that they are scamming people out of money then they will do everything they can to shut them down.

They did say that I lost my money but hopefully they will be able to prevent them from harming others. They also said that they would like anyone else that has had similiar problems to file a complaint. You can file a complaint on their website:

Just click on the box for questions and complaints and fill out the form. They said they would response by email to all complaints.

I will advise if I hear from them. Hopefully this will help everyone that has lost money because of these companies. Pass the information along and let’s shut them down.