The Onlingo / Overcharged

Phone: 1-800-949-6880

I am writing to report the company Onlingo. I was a consumer and I got the bad end of the stick. The company advertised a ad relaying a offer for a spanish speaking program that you could get on cds. It went further into saying that you only had to pay for shipping and handing which was about $5.00 give or take.

I went on to fill out the questions they ask you and i gave them the info they needed to send the package, i also gave them my debit card numbers so that i could pay for what i was buying. There was a survey you had to fill out which came up at the end of the completion of the other process so i filled it out and it said i was eligible to win a new laptop. Nowhere did I see a statement saying i would be charged an additional fee. The thing is i was charged not for signing the survey but what they had did was take 80.00 dollars out of my account which is the total pot the entire spanish program

I was not aware that this was part of the payment. So I ask if someone out there who may be going through the same thing to write and let me know how you went about handling it or if it got settled at all.

Va

Comments

• Sm
      26th of Oct, 2009

I got the same come on and thought that $6.95 was worth it, but when I got it the fine print stated that it would be another $79.95 each month. I called five days after getting their Spanish language pkg. This is called theft by deception in the state of Georgia.

I re-called their 1-800-949-6880 number today and received verbal RMA #402451 and instructed to post that information prominantly on the return envelope as:

Return Materials Authorization # 402451