The New York State Police in Dutchess County / What is the usual fine for a speeding ticket?

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Once again in Dutchess County the " We do not have answers to any of your questions" experts are at work. First someone in our household is told he has to illegally register twice to vote!
It could have been a mistake if he did not just receive his voters registration 5 days before saying he was legally registered! The counties answer? Oh, that is ok, just let him register two times ( by the way this was 4 days AFTER registration was over!) then everything will be fine when he goes to vote. Good answer.
Now I need to know if anyone else has paid almost $600.00 for a first time speeding ticket. No prior offences, not even a parking ticket.Is that the usual amount for a speeding ticket the first time in N.Y. It was issued by a state trooper in lovely Dutchess County.Too bad they did not spend as much time investigating all the crimes I have listed here on complaints board, including interstate crimes going on. Well they don't have time, they are too busy harassing women and children to do that. Type Dutchess County into search bar and see what is going on here. That is only half of it.

Comments

1st of Oct, 2010

This is not a complaint but a question. On Monday my husband and I will leaving Orange County at night and will be driving on the Taconic Parkway going to Freedom Plains and would like to know the road conditions because we do not want to take any unnecessary risks since we are both cautious drivers. The Taconic Parkway is the only route we know to get to Freedom Plains. Any help you can give us would be appreciated. Thank you.