The MSN / Yahoo Lottery Incorporation / fake lottery

1 India Review updated:

Dear Sir,
I received an Email stating that I won £860,000.00 (Eight Hundred and Sixty thousand,Great Britain Pounds Sterling)for the month of October 2007, they need my contact no and address for the despatch of the said amount (i.e. prize money), when contacted they says that I need to bare some amount as courier expenses £685 pounds (56,072 Indian Rupee).
When they are giving me so much of amount with out participating in any lottery games why can't they deduct this small some of amount, it seems to cheat some one, I think it will be useful to some one who reads this.

Comments

23rd of Dec, 2007

I have received a mail from The Msn/Yahho Lottery Incorporation that I have won a prize money for the month of December and told me to contact one courier agency (Fastway courier Service). Let me know these informations are correct or somebody is trying to cheet me.

• Ke
      7th of Jan, 2008

Hi, I received a mail stating that i won a prize money of Six hundred and fifty thousand, Great Britain Pound Sterlings(£650,000.00) from The Msn/Yahoo Lottery Incorporation for the month of jan 2008. At first I thought its true and later I came to know that its just a fake mail. They will ask for half of the prize money as courier agency fee. Dont believe in such false things which is not true. If u check for the lottry company, u will come to know that it is just a SCAM. So frnds, dont give your any cash or bank details.

• Bi
      8th of Feb, 2008

i agreed this complaing... because i also received same mail two day back with same formalities.. my suggestion is that there has to be a provision to trap these type of cheaters.

Wamr Regards

Biju
    India

• He
      27th of Feb, 2008

Hello,
    I HAVE ALSO RECEIVED THE SAME TYPE OF MAIL AND I DO NOT KNOW WETHER IT IS TRUE OR FALSE .

IF I WAIT FOR FEW DAYS IF IT FOUND FRAUD THEN I WILL FILE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT WITH BRISTISH HIGH COMMAND IN INDIA

BE AWARE

GOD BLESS

• Be
      28th of Feb, 2008

Hi,

These scams are increasing day by day, the govt. should look into this matter seriously.

Many innocent and needy people may fall into these cheaters trap.

regards

====================================
    Ref: XYL /26510460037/05
    Batch
    Dear Lucky Winner

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of 860,000.00 (Eight Hundred and Sixty thousand,Great Britain Pounds Sterling)for the month of march 2008 Lottery promotion which is organized by MSN/YAHOO LOTTERY INC LIVE in conjunction with the MICROSOFT WIND OWS.
    MSN/YAHOO WINDOWS, collects all the email addresses of the people that are active online, among the millions that subscrib ed to Yahoo,Hotmail and various Microsoft window users, we only select five people every Month as our winners, through electronic balloting System without the winner applying.

Msn/Yahoo Lottery Prize must be claimed not later than 20 days from the date of this Notification after the Draw date in which Prize has won. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.

These are your identification numbers:

Ref: XYL /26510460037/05
    Batch: 24/00319/IPD
    Winning number:YM/09788/60

Our Event Manager will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid doub le claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program, Please be warned.

Attached here is the claim verification and f unds release form. You are expected to fill and submit to the event manager.
    VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM

12. NEXT OF KIN:_____________________________
    13. ZIP CODE:
    14:NATIONALITY:
    15:Your Reference and Batch number at the top of this mail:
    To file for your claim, please fill and submit your verification form to our events manager immediately via email.

(CONTACT EVENTS MANAGER)
    Name:Mr. clem oxbeth
    E-mail:microsoft_agent_clemoxbeth@yahoo.co.uk
    Contact Number:+447045762808
    Once again congratulations...
    Cordially,
    Mrs.Shina Patery
    Online Co-coordinator
    (Msn/Yahoo Lottery Games/Lottery Coordinator).

Copyright 1994-2007 The Msn,Yahoo Online Promotion 2007 Inc. All rights reserved . Terms of Service - Guideline

sir ,
    i am rwally upset about this is a big fraud!!

• Mu
      25th of Mar, 2008

Hello,
    I have recevied the same type of mail and i don't know this ture or false
    Let me know these informations are correct or somebody is trying to cheet me

4th of Apr, 2008

SIR
    I ALSO RECEIVED THE MAIL...IT'S TOTALLY FRAUD...Y THIS IDIOTIC FELLOWS DOING LIKE THIS...

• Pr
      2nd of May, 2008

I have got same email as mentioned in above complaints, when I checked my email account and I found that I have been chosen for such a great amount I was thinking my self most lucky person on this earth, I built a building of dreams but when they demanded app 28000 as a courier delivery fee I sent them an email that I don’t have such big amount, if they want, they can send me the check, after getting the prize money I will pay them their courier charges, there after they called me up, but the person who was on the line he was not able to speak the English, I said that I am not able to understand his accent, then he said two or three sentences and then hung up, now I have understood this is a scams, I have forgot this incident but it gave me a little bit hard time, because I was thinking that after getting the money I would go U S or U K for higher studies and propose to Megha who is my collogue but that’s all right its happen only in India

• Ci
      8th of May, 2008

Hi there, I was sending all details as above too on 8th April, but as aditya infomation shows that we got the same ref no, batch n the winning no.. but the differant courier service, the name of the events manager n the lottery coordinator..

I believe this is scam.. how to stop it?

• Do
      8th of May, 2008

I have already been scammed once and I won't let it happen again. I received one on May 9, 2008 and am checking out everything on it. I check the address, the names and anything else I think is important. I suggest that everyone else do the same.

10th of May, 2008

i have also recieved same email. so what we can do to complain about this fraud. Please inform me that where should i launch the complain for this fraud email scam.

• Xy
      14th of May, 2008

[censored]ing ###!!!

• Cm
      27th of May, 2008

Hello Sir,

Hello,
    I have recevied the same type of mail and i don't know this ture or false. I also mail to the International Cargo Courier Company that I will pay the cash on delivery. But he said I have to send the 40, 000 INR by 29 May 08 on his name for shipment charges after that my cheque will be forfieted and to be returned to yahoo/msn lottery incorporation.
    Pls Let me know these informations are correct or somebody is trying to cheet me

• Yo
      9th of Jun, 2008

dear sir, mere samne ajayen to enki to main maa chod dungaa.bhosdi walon ki.

• Pr
      12th of Jun, 2008

Hi,

I got a email from UK Lottery that i have won 552000 pounds before some days so i looked forward for that prize and they also conformed me that i am the winner and to get my prize money first i have to deposit rs.37500 as per Indian currency in the account no they allotted to me so i did as they said but again when they asked me to deposit rs.80000, i started enquirer about there organization and i came to know that its a fake lottery organization

Therefore please help me that how i can get my money back and how can i expose and punish them so that next time they cannot again think of doing this to anyone.

Reply soon

• Su
      4th of Jul, 2008

Dear ###ers,

If You Find Me I Will ### Your ### Very Hard.
    So This Is Warning To You That Stop This Otherwise Your Mom
    & Sisters Will ### By Indians

Ypur ###ing Friend,

S Waugh.

• Ka
      8th of Jul, 2008

i too have received this particular mail and its surely a spam.

• Sh
      9th of Jul, 2008

Hi All,

Even i got the same mail yesterday i think its a fraud. so Friends please dont give ur A/c information any how to any such mail

• Sh
      9th of Jul, 2008

hi to All Once Again, i think if u have note that they r getting our mail ID from another popular site . As i got a mail in that at last was a reference for TimesJob so that itself says that they are a fraud !!! so be safe in taking any step