The Mobile Store- Essar Group / Do not trust this company

1 India Review updated:

The Mobile store is currently running a promotion claiming to give Rs. 5000/- cash back on purchase of any mobile phone from the store... i must this scheme is absolutely rubbish and it is only a gimmick to attract consumers.

What you actually get is a scratch card and if you are luck you would win a free holiday... the free holiday is without any tickets and a location of their choice... it is completely a ridiculous offer and i request other consumers not to fall for such schemes.

The Mobile Store would be the last place i would go to purchase a mobile phone.

Comments

21st of Aug, 2007
    Essar Group / The Mobile Store - Attracting consumers with false claims!
    India

The Mobile Store recently started a promotion claiming Rs. 5000.- with purchase of every mobile phone. This scheme is absolutely rubbish... what you get is a scratch card, where if you are luck enough you will win a holiday and that also with no delays on the scheme

This is a complete sham and strict action should be taken against the company for doing so. 5000 is a big amount and any consumer will fall for it... but the reality is something different.

I request everyone to speak against them amd also the media to support consumers like us whose sentiments have been affected.

• Ki
      21st of Aug, 2007

This is true. Mobile stores says gifts worth 5000Rs assured with every mobile phone. They will say like you can get any of 4 gifts.

1) ipod
    2) 5000rs cash back
    3) microwave oven
    4) holiday trip to thailand/nepal/India --- the real cheat is here.

First thing is nobody gets Ipod or cash back. Who ever buys mobile will get a holiday trip. Until now only 1 guy have got a microwave oven out of 100's of buyers. I got this information from a mobile store guy itself. Every one else will get the holiday package.

ONLY after buying the mobile, they will give you a paper containing details of prizes won which will say that in case you win a holiday package, they will only pay for the hotel stay. We have to bear every thing else including travel and food. We have to pay even 600Rs as draft to get this hotel stay booked. They will take at least 2 months to process the gift. Mostly the place would be in India. They know that very few people will go for it.

Please don't buy from mobile store any more as a protest. I am already a victim.

• Si
      17th of May, 2008

I had some bad words last week with the mobile store in vaishali nagar jaipur, regarding virgin vswing model and after 3-4 days they (the employees of mobile store come to my office and show me a clip from cctv that i have stolen a mobile but that was a packet which was with me when i entered the store now i dont know what they will do or not but i know this that they just want me to disturb and all that . I remember one employee name and that is KUNAL.
    What should i do.

• Si
      17th of May, 2008

I can also sue the company for harassing me like this. Reply me as soon as possible.

Warm regards
    Simranjeet Singh
    +919982660069.

• Vi
      27th of May, 2008

I purchased a mobile phone from sector 22 mobile store chandigarh two months back . I got a cash prize of Rs 5000 from the scratch card. I have sent all the details to the office but no cash has been received. Repeated phone calls to the head office giving no result but false promises. It is a shear cheating.
    I wonder the kind of vision and customer relationship the company is maintaining. It is difficult for the company to survive with such malpractices.

Viney Davessar

• Ku
      12th of Feb, 2009

Dear Sir,
    Warm Greetings.
    Its for your information that I Kuljit Singh (SAP ID: 20022236 & Sale ID: 6780)is serving in The Mobile Store as Store Manager (Store Code-1419 Westend Mall, Ludhiana, Punjab) since last 5 months.It was an permanent job for me as stated in the appointment letter issued to me by The Mobile Store.
    I am working very honestly with neat & clean track. Most of the time I acheived my targets & topped so many in Ludhiana.
    Earlier I worked with Subhiksha for 3 yrs. & Airtel for 2 yrs. & always fulfiiled/crossed my targets, same in The Mobile Store also.
    But on Monday 9th Feb. 2009, I was forced to put my resignation from The Mobile Store. I made humble request to my seniors to provide me the reason but of no result & he stated that its from the higher end.
    But I feel that Big MNC's like The Mobile Store can't do like this, as this step can effect the future of youth like me.
    People at ground level forced me to voluntary resign from my job & offered me to work in FLY Mobile company & its not worth to work as promoter in FLY Company being an Store Manager in The Mobile Store. They are continousely putting pressure on me to resign.
    Please help & guide what to do either to resist or perish.
    With Heartiest Regards,
    Kuljit Singh (STORE MANAGER-The Mobile Store)
    (SAP ID: 20022236 & Sale ID: 6780)
    Store Code-1419 Westend Mall, Ludhiana, Punjab
    Contact No: 09988887286, 09815590590

• Ga
      4th of Jul, 2010

I bought a Nokia mobile phone 5130 C (IMEI Code 351508044996947) vide Invoice No. DEL/01829/0001/8974 dated 11.04.2010 from your outlet at G-6 harsha House Commercial complex, Near Milan cinema hall Karampura on 11.04.2010. After a brought it home and using it for few hours the battery got discharged and I charged the same in the evening. But to my horror the battery is getting discharged after every 30 to 32 hours without much of usage. I remember that the shop did not have the model I had asked so they arranged the same from some other Mobile store nearby. As soon as the phone was brought I was informed that as I have asked for a Grey colour they have got but I remember very clearly that I had not discussed about the colour and without showing me that the box which was not sealed they showed it to me and started putting the SIM in that to cover up that they are selling a faulty mobile to me. I went again to them today afternoon (18.04.10) to complain about the same but to my shock the people rather than listening to me started shouting at me and said that I was telling a lie. I had not expected such type of unprofessional behavior from these people. If this is the sought of behavior the employees of your organization will give to customers I am afraid people are not willing to go back again to them and not recommend to other also.

Even after several reminder mails and leeters to CEO I have got no response. I would not recommend anyone to purchase from MOBILE STORE.

• Ne
      2nd of Jul, 2011

Dear All...
    You guys are only 5 in numbers.. those are complaining against The Mobile Store... most of you are telling us the behavior of particular person working in The Mobile Store... by that you cant say The Mobile Store is not a good retailer... i am also the owner of The Mobile Store branch in Faridabad...and as polietly we speak to our customer, no one can blame us for anything..so compromise is also mandatory from the custmer side.. Be polite and you can do anything should be the moto of our life...
    I hope it will work for you all...

Thanks