The Meadows Apartment Sunnyvale / Bad Management

the Meadows Sunnvale
I am nicely warning everybody never stay with the apartment "The Meadows" in bay area. The quality of the room is awful, and the rent is much higher than other apartment nearby, even more, the Office numbers are horrible to deal with.
The address of "The Meadows" is 1000 Escalon Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Three horrible things happened in my short stay since last Mid June.
1. They promised that the construction of pool ended in Sep08, we felt it was not too long after we moved in so we signed the lease and moved in in Mid June. However, the constriction was not finished until early Dec08. Our apartment is close to the pool, and the drilling noise got me a bad bad headache.
I complained with office manager, she didn't apologize at all, and also said they didn't have control on the length of the construction and they would have more constructions, which they didn't mentioned before we signed the lease. She also didn't allow us to move out early without penalty.
2. In Sep08, I found a huge nail embed in the bottom of the concrete door frame, tip up. I was very scared, because I have a 13-month old baby, who was just learning walking. What if she stepped on the nail?! What if she fell onto the nail?! Even us could step on it sometimes.
However, when I talked to the office manager, she looked so calm, and again without any apology, she said it was our responsibility to watch the baby to make sure she wouldn't step onto the nail and it's our responsibility to make sure her safety before the problem has been fixed.
3. Early this morning (2/5/2009) at 1:42am, I specially checked time because I was extremely angry when this accident happened! My husband went to restroom around that time, and right after he entered the restroom and turned on the light, I heard a "bong" sound, and ran out to check, I found thousands of pieces of broken glass on the floor in front of the bedroom door. The glass was the cover of the light on the ceiling of the hall way (my husband didn't turn this light on). If my husband was 2 sounds later, this would break his head. It's very hard to clean the floor completely since the tiny pieces are everywhere!
Again, I went to office this morning even though it's useless, I have to let them know we didn't break their property, we are victims, and my husband was almost hurt. But Yes, it was useless!!! The manager was still very cold with such horrible thing happened in the Mid-Night in my home! She even suspected us, she said, "This never happened before". Of course, no apology at all!!!
We have been living in many other apartments in other states, but this is the first time I met so many troubles in an apartment in such a short time, and this is the worst lease office I've ever seen that is so cold blooded to its renters.

A  2nd of May, 2009 by
Rude and Callous Management- I totally agree with the above mentioned attitude of not caring or apologizing or giving a damn to the tenants problems by the Meadows Management.
I too live in Meadows. The attitude and the rudeness shown by management makes this beautiful place worthless to live in. Management everytime has excuses not to solve your problems on time and above all they blame you for creating problems by not giving them the permission to enter your home when not present and the truth is even if you are present at home for the whole week 24 hrs they do not come to check with the complaint made at the leasing office. I totally agree they are cold blooded to renters.