The Make Up Academy / course refund

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I came across a local Guardian article on Claire Mitchell when doing research on her regarding a court case I have done against her current company, The Make Up Academy. I recently paid for and attended one of its beauty courses in March/April. The course was an absolute sham. I was promised a refund and have that in writing but the academy failed to make the refund transaction. I put a claim through the small courts claim and there was no response. The judgement has now been made in my favour. However, I am still out of pocket. I know of two other girls that are in my predicament and have taken legal action. I am sure looking at the way the academy was run and Claire Mitchell's previous negative history, there are many other sgetting ripped off. All my direct dealing were with Gemma Adams and it was Gemma that confirmed a refund.

Please do not attend this academy and if you have done and were unhappy...lets do something about it!.

More The Make Up Academy Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ka
      Feb 27, 2013

Hi, I also completed a course at the Makeup Academy in April last year and the whole thing was a total nightmare. I had tried to get a refund of my £2695 fee but to no avail, and had given up but after some recent advice from a colleague regarding small claims i have decided to try and get my money back again. I am hoping to take this to Trading Standards as well as the small claims court, and am looking into whether it is a matter for the police as i believe the lady who runs the company to be a con-artist and it is surely fraud? Any help you could give me on this would be much appreciated including whether you won your claim and if you actually received any money back? please help!