The Maids Home Services / Waste of money!

Simply stated, I did not get my money's worth. When I initially booked the appointment to have my house cleaned (a move-out clean) I specifically asked how long it would take to do a 1600 square foot house and the woman told me 1.5-2hours. At the time I thought this sounded to good to be true (a whole house clean in less than 2 hours), but the woman explained that they are so fast and good because they have all this great equipment and there are 4 of them, "so 2 hours is really 8 hours worth of work". Well 2 hours and $192 dollars later, the house was cleaner, but nothing that I could not have done on my own in a few hours of hard work. When I called to voice my dissatisfaction (that same day!) the woman was down right rude and did not offer to come to fix what I was dissatisfied with... their guarantee is "if you call within 24 hours of work we will come out and fix what you were dissatisfied with." Summing up, this service was a waste of money and it re-taught me the valuable lessen... If you want something done right, do it yourself.

More The Maids Home Services Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Br
      1st of Jul, 2007

This is The Maids from Cary / Raleigh, NC? I've seen their work and tend to agree.

• Ve
      26th of Feb, 2009

I worked for one of the franchises in Canada. I witnessed the owner of the company pull out a clients couch, scratch the floor and then put it back so the lady would not notice.

In one home the clients teenage son had come home with a girl and went to his room and the couple were having rather loud "relations". The field manager was found standing outside the room listening!

One team was cleaning a home and a man was walking around exposing himself, the leader of that team was not NOT to leave the house with the team, but to approach the man and tell him to put it away!

The ladies there do their best, but when I was there, there was NO incentive to do quality work because everyone was constantly being told it was never good enough.

• Ir
      4th of Sep, 2009

I was very dissatisfied with The Maids service in San Diego. I had set up in advance for them to come one time per month. I thought they did a fair to above average job cleaning. The morning before they were supposed to come I had a last minute and unavoidable emergency come up and called to reschedule. I was very apologetic and felt badly. Even though I was a long-term customer, the very RUDE manager called me back and told me that I was inconsiderate, she didn't care what my "excuse" was, and that they "weren't the right company for someone like me." She said that I would need to find another cleaning service. She's an idiot! In this type of economy they are lucky to not only be getting a new client, but someone who was eager to be a long-term and regular customer. I was appalled. She said I could have left a key for them; however, I wasn't about to let strangers come into my home to clean unsupervised. The Maids are unprofessional, rude, and egotistical. I highly discourage anyone from using them.

30th of Jul, 2010

DON"T HIRE THEM!!! The Maids service in Austin, TX quoted about $200- the bill was actually almost $350!!! I have filed two complaints with them, and with the Better Business Bureau. In response to my first complaint, the woman at The Maids called me and said something like: "Your real estate agent said you had questions about the service performed. We'll re-clean, but I DOUBT we'll lower the price!".

Mind you, they 1) Lied about their quote; and 2) already re-cleaned, and the kitchen floor was still dirty! I live three hours away- I would NEVER have even agreed on $200 (the house is EMPTY, COMPLETELY EMPTY and less than 1100 square feet!) but felt I needed to get maids in there so I could re-rent it asap! As one complainer above said, their service was poor, and nothing that I could not have done on my own in a few hours of work.

2nd of Aug, 2010

I spoke with the owner/manager (??) of The Maids in Austin, and they have agreed to charge me only $200. I'd remove what I wrote above (since I was sooo mad when I wrote it, after hearing the woman's comment about doubting she'd lower the bill), but don't see a way to do so.

9th of Dec, 2010

I had the Maids in Springfield, VA, led by Marcell, come out to clean over the course of several months. I was a little annoyed by their lack of attention to detail and concerned that their tight deadline to clean would result in some kind of damage, but I finally cancelled the service when they plugged an oil air freshener into the wall upside down and the oil stained my hardwood floor. When I made a request for my key after cancelling the service, Marcell was very rude in his emails saying he wasn't responsible. I will go out of my way to let people know how awful it was to work with these people.

27th of Dec, 2012

This is an overrated service with no emphasis on quality. It is extremely overpriced .
    Communication is very poor and you will most like deal with jumping through hoops with a call center. Customer service and appreciation is none existent. Cleaning crews are friendly but unprepared. They seem to always rush and damage surfaces.

• Sg
      2nd of Jan, 2013

This is the absolute worse company ever. They are a bunch of scam artists! I had arranged to have the maids come clean my mom's house as a relief from the holiday stress, and what a bad idea that was. They spent 4 hours doing GOD knows what and then took $616 out of my account. Now, I am active duty military, I don't have just 616 bucks to be dishing out to a white trash cleaning service. My parents house is big, but it is for the most part clean. My mother even insisted on cleaning up a bit before they got there, where the maids found they needed to spend 4 hours is beyond me. When I called to dispute the fact that not only was $616 nowhere near what I was quoted, but that they did a terrible job, I pretty much got nowhere with them. They feel that they work "SO HARD" and that the amount was justified. They were supposed to call me if they felt that they were going to go over the quoted price..did they? NO..did they still charge me? YEP. In conclusion the maids is a ### group of people looking to take money from hard working Americans. save yourself the trouble and just look for services else where.

• Be
      27th of May, 2014

My husband and I had just moved into our new home. It was empty and we wanted a good thorough cleaning before we settled in... being new to the area, we didn't know anyone who could refer us to any one, so we called the maids based on the comments on their website...and based on the words on their webiste...they did NOT live up to any of their claims! We ended up having to call them back and have them redo an area of the house...but on closer inspection we have noticed that they did a poor job over-all at best and we would NOT be recommending them to any one. The owner seemed professional and courteous and when they came to redo the area that needed additional cleaning they were polite and sincerely apologetic, but that doesn't change the fact that our house was not cleaned as promised...our hard earned money was thrown out the window...we ended up having to go back behind them and clean anyway...they brought a crew of 4 cleaners, plus the field manager and owner...they were training the manager and one of the cleaners. I usually don't give bad reviews, I always try to give "atta boys", but not this time! The service that my husband and I used is located in Rock Hill, SC. The Maids did not clean anything but our bank account...