The London Hair Training School / False advertising failure to deliver

1 31 PERCY STREET, LONDON. W1T 2DD, London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 0207 096 8974

I paid over three thousand pounds to attend this school for several courses in hairdressing. The web site is very professional, but that is the only professional thing about it. There is no school, just unacceptable rented rooms or the rented basement of a local hairdressers.

There was only one bottle of shampoo, a broken hairdryer and a wobbly training head. The photographs for my portfoloio had to be taken on my mobile phone or nothing. My live model, was my own relative. My qualification a printed piece of paper laminated saying I had attended the course, no accreditation what so ever. My teacher a freelance trainer, who when realised she wasn't bing paid and unlikely to be, left and did not return. Other teachers did not turn up either, obviously for the same reason and therefore courses did not go ahead or Claire Mitchell the owner and not a trained teacher or hairdresser stepped in and gave inadequate training.

It was a total sham and a shambles, nothing like what she advertises on the web site.

Claire Mitchell used to be the part owner of the London Hair Academy, she was successfully taken to court for False Advertising and Failure to deliver the service as advertised. I was not aware of this when I paid cash into her account for my courses, she does not accept cheques. She was forced to leave that school but has opened up THE LONDON HAIR TRAINING SCHOOL she calls herself Gemma or Lucy Adams or Claire, but it was only through this site that I found out that her real name is Claire Mitchell and searched Companies House to verify, that CLAIRE MITCHELL IS THE OWNER OF THE LONDON HAIR TRAINING SCHOOL AND THE FASHION AND BEAUTY SCHOOL - SO PLEASE BE WARNED DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY TO ATTEND THIS SCHOOL - IT IS NOT A SCHOOL BY ANY MEANS OF THE WORD CLAIRE MITCHELL JUST WANTS YOUR MONEY, ONCE SHE HAS THAT YOU WILL GET VERY LITTLE IF ANYTHING FOR IT AND SHE WILL NOT ANSWER YOUR CALLS.

Sa

Comments

• Cy
      Mar 22, 2013

hey i need your help my course is yet to start in april and i hav paid her deposit and after reading all this i want to refund my money, i called her and askd for the refund she said she will giv it bak to me but it will tak 14 days ... please i want to know how can i take my money bak from her, n i call her daily but she doesnt attend my calls.thnx

Mar 26, 2013

Hi Cyra I have replied to you and offered different avenues that you can take. Your best bet is to actually go to see her and ask for your money back, no doubt you paid in cash so she should give you back your cash, sounds simple, but the last thing she will want to do is give you any money back. and as I said I wasted over £3000, more like £3, 500. Be thankful, it is just your deposit. Good luck.

• Fa
      Jul 03, 2013

I paid her for a couple of courses but after she received the money by bank transfer, she failed to email me as promised and will not answer my calls! I am gutted! Do not throw your money away to a cheat and check reviews before you send any money to be on the safe side. :'(