THE LOAN MODIFICATION TEAM / SCAM

1 201 CONCOURSE BLVDGlen Allen, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 804-612-8900

I worked for this company as a manager. It is a scam. You pay them from $1199 to $2499 depending upon the amount of your mortgage and depending upon how late you are on your mortgage which is in direct violation of federal foreclosure statutes. When you are denied by the bank because they have adjusted your information submitted to the bank {and banks don't like LIARS} you are then rold that you did not qualify. What happens to the money you shelled out? Good luck getting that back in your "contract" it states that you have a three day right of recission from the date they "submit" your information to the bank. In other words YOU'RE SCREWED! If you are in need of mortgage assistance please visit loanmitigationsolutions.org to see if you qualify for the OBAMA FAIR MORTGAGE DEBT RELIEF STIMULUS MODIFICATION PROGRAM!!! Hurry it is due to take effect very soon. Call [protected] for more details.

Comments

• Tj
      21st of Apr, 2009

I SEE YOU ARE A FORMER EMPLOYEE OF THIS COMPANY. I WAS ONCE AN OWNER OF A BUSINESS AND MUST QUESTIONS THE VALIDITY OF YOUR CLAIM. PERHAPS YOU ARE AN EMPLOYEE THAT WAS FIRED AND IS REACTING IN A REVENGEFUL MANNER.
    IF YOU ARE BEING TRUTHFUL THEN THANKS FOR THE FORWARNING; IF YOU ARE MAKING AN ATTEMPT TO GET REVENGE ON A COMPANY THAT FIRED YOU, THEN MAY KARMA BE WITH YOU.

• Mb
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I am currently a mortgage loan officer and this most definately is a scam. Their compensation should come from closing the loan and the only monies collected upfront should be for third party fees, ie appraisal, which one isn't necessary if you are 'modifiying' a loan. Deal with someone locally if this is an option. Do your homework as well.

28th of Apr, 2009

I called the person from the first post because i was thinking of using the loan modification team. It turns out he is using this site to solicit business from people considering using the other company? He sounded a little shady...I thought this site was for users and people doing research not for ex-employees trying to get business for themselves?

I don't know what to do now, but I am very sceptical about the honesty of any of these posts. I am just going to go thier office.

• Jd
      13th of May, 2009

Check out www.obamahasaplan.com DON'T GET SCAMMED!!!

15th of May, 2009

I found this when researching the loan modification team. This is clearly JD Wilkerson, a former employee from that company trying to discredit them. It looks like he is now their competition and is trying to get people to use his company. He even uses his own name in the submitted section and then committed fraud be saying he is Ken A out of Las Vegas????

I went on www.loanmitigationsolution.org and it not active?? I called Mr. Wilkerson to question him and he cussed me out and hung up on me. Great customer service.

Report: The Loan ModificationTeam, Team Modify

Modified: 5/13/2009 1:07:00 PM
    J.d. wilkerson
    Las Vegas, Nevada

[redacted] Verified Safe

This company scammed me and my wife out of $1800 and told me they were working with the bank to save my home cause I was thinking I was gonna be late. They told me not to pay mortgage and not to tallk to the lender. My wife was very suspicious so she called the lender and was told they were never contacted by The Loan Modification Team and we were being foreclosed upon.

Then we looked all around on the internet for attorneys and they all wanted $3000 OR MORE TO HELP US. Westumbled upon a company called Loan Mitigation Solutions and spoke with a gentleman that used to work for that company named J.R or something and he was so empathetic to the fact that we were scammed by them ### that he took on our case. He didn't get the 2% he promised but the SIX months that we were late his company got the bank to attach the missed payments to the end of the loan, our rate went from 9.875% to 3.500% and they reduced our principal balance by $25k {we now only have about $40k negative equity} But this is the best part OUR PAYMENT DROPPED $513!! It took a lot of patience but it was well worth it.Their website is www.loanmitigationsolution.org 877-233-3949

As for The Loan Modification Team as soon as the Attorney General sort out all of scammers they will be knocking at their door as they have received NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN SCAMMED. We found out that the owner has a brother in Florida named Christopher K. Martin who make deals with the banks to buy the foreclosed properties that his brothers Loan Modification company {The Loan Modification Team} 'can't do anything for the client because the bank said no to a modification.'

Ken A
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    U.S.A.

• Jd
      15th of May, 2009

It is very clear that the client added J.D.Wilkerson to their report but his name is Ken Adams and he was defrauded by The Loan Modification Team and a woman named Linda 540-273-5555 who was defrauded on 11 properties with The Loan Modification Team 3 of which she lost to foreclosure and is due to lose 3 more in the upcoming weeks. This guy J.D. seems to be a person for the people and should be supported.

16th of May, 2009

Privacy act of 1974.

This act states in past that no business or person shall disclose any records to any person, or to another agency the collection, use dissemination of personally identifiable information about an individual and mandate certain management safeguards for such records.

Information that would be considered in this act is Clients names, PHONE NUMBER, credit report, credit card information and address.

Any member found guilty would be given a misdemeanor and fined up to $5, 000 for willfully disclosing information protected by the Privacy Act to any unauthorized person or agency. IE (World Wide Web).

No, Mr. JD Wilkerson, I have to disagree with you. This guy J.D. seems to be a person who Uses the people for his own personal and financial gain and should be Reported.

16th of May, 2009

I’ve been a financial advisor for over 30 years and have never seen such disregarded for private information. Do not work with any individual who will put your information out there for anyone to view. J.D. Wilkerson at Loan Mitigation Services needs have his licensed pulled. Do not give this company your name, phone number, address, credit card or financial information or you will risk having it one day be used as an example on the internet.

• De
      11th of Jun, 2009

I was also scammed by this same Loan Modification Team out of 1344.00. They claimed they could get my mortgage reduced and refinanced to a fixed mortgage. As you probably know it did not happen. They told me not to talk to the mortgage company and not to pay the mortgage for 3 months. They claimed they would call me every two weeks with update, out of three months with my case I received two calls that went to my voice mail and to no avail trying to reach the person who called. I finally got a call a week ago telling me my mortage company did a loan modification and they could not do anything for me and no refund would be given. So I reported them to BBB and the owner of Loan Modification called me, actually I forgot his name, but he was very rude and told me they would not refund and he would tell BBB my case is closed as far as he was concerned. But I told him I would fight him. So if there are any other scam victums out there that would like to start a class action lawsuit, lets get it started, because they are just taking people money that are in dire need of help with their mortgage.

• Sh
      3rd of Jul, 2009

You want to hear something even worse than losing money? The Loan Modification Team has completely messed up my telephone number! Since Monday June 29th, my phone has been ringing every 10-15 minutes with a bunch of beeps on the end...and I found out it was from this company after I called them. Guess what, it's July 3rd and between talking with my phone company and the idiots at the Loan Modification Team, my phone is still messed up and I have to disconnect my line. One person there told me they had to shut down all their computers. That's a bunch of CRAP because my phone still rings!!!

• D
      29th of Jul, 2009

I am with Deb. A class action lawsuit is definately in order. Every complaint I have heard has happened to me as well. Who else is on board?

• In
      13th of Aug, 2009

I've been doing some research on this company, and I see a LOT of negative posts from J.D. Wilkerson . . but only a few from anyone else (and who knows if the others are even legit?).

I'd imagine that a loan modification co. gets a lot of complaints, just in the course of regular business. Even so, I really doubt that a company could stay in business if everything the complainants say is true.

In at least one post, there was an allegation that a brother of the owner buys houses that LMT knows are going into foreclosure. Is the implication that LMT purposefully causes those houses to go into foreclosure? If it is, is there any proof of this?

In another post, J.D. alleged that the owner tells his staff to lie to customers, and that LMT advises clients to stop making payments. J.D. - do you have evidence? Why hasn't the company been shut down if they're consistently lying to clients?

I'm not saying that the LMT isn't doing what J.D. and other posters allege - I've had no dealings with the company. I just encourage people need to be skeptical of these types of allegations when a poster doesn't provide evidence - ESPECIALLY when a poster MAY have a motive of taking business from a competitor (I'm in no way trying to suggest that this is the case with J.D. - for all I know, he's being 100% honest).

• Th
      26th of Aug, 2009

Good Evening All,
    I will go ahead and say my name due to the fact that I got out of this company quickly. My name is Thomas Howard and I was an IT Specialist for The Loan Modification Team. The company is scam, I do know what happened to J.D. and it was wrong, but he is correct. For an update, I will let you know that The Loan Modification Team did change it's name to Document Service LLC. They have now officially closed their doors and laid everyone off. I know many of the loan processors personally and I will tell you none of them liked what they were doing, but as the economy would go, had to due to the fact of having no were to go. Were some of the employees nieve? Yes, but I know most quickly learned what was going on, when the company changed it's stance on things on a daily basis. I do not know about this compay J.D. is now working for, I do know that I am not in competition with The Loan Modification Team, I am a pizza delivery driver and a Maintenece Manager for a local real estate leasing company. (I am trying to make ends meet). I know this all seems like a bunch of bull, all of it, all of these posts, but I will let you know, if you would like to file a Class Action Lawsuit, do it. let me know and I can give what info I have, and I might be able to get some of the processors to help as well. I know that it is ILLEGAL to charge ANY upfront fee for Loan Modification Services, (my mother works for H.O.M.E. Housing Opportunities Made Equal) And she showed me the Law, the only company that does Loan Modification legally is HOPE, They do it completely free, I don't know about their services or anytihng, I just know they do it for free, I am not saying use them, I am just saying they are the only known legal Loan Modifiers. Well It is late, and I am tired, I will leave it at that, If you have any questions for me, email me at tjhoward86@gmail.com

• Mr
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Really Thomas???

Stop using words and laws you just don't understand pizza boy.

According to the Housing Reserch.org and Steve Preston (Secretary of HUD) Hope for Homeowners has been a FAILURE!

As reported by The Washington Post, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Steve Preston said the centerpiece of the federal government's effort to help struggling homeowners has been a failure!!!

The three-year program was supposed to help 400, 000 borrowers avoid foreclosure. But it has attracted only 312 applications. 312??? I wonder how many of Thomas's Mom accounted for that 312??. I know... 0!!!

That's 399, 9688 homeowner who lost their homes because they put their hopes with people like Thomas's mom!! THANKS

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), acknowledged the initiative has its problems, but he blamed them on the Bush administration. I blame lazy Gov. Workers who really have no incentive or desire to really put in the time needed to help these people.

Please e-mail tjhoward86@gmail.com and tell him and HOPE they need to start doing a little better job than 312 in three years with our hard earn taxpaying MONEY!!!

• Br
      22nd of Sep, 2009

My husband and I also used The Loan Modification Team. They bilked us for $1600.00. All they did was forward paperwork that I put together. Additionally, they told us that we shouldn't make our payments, either, because it didn't demonstrate a "need for modification." So, we quit making them (mind you, we were NOT behind when we contacted them through a friend). After the friend referred them to us, I did a little research. I questioned the company as to why I had to pay the $1600 up front and informed them that what I read on the internet said that they couldn't charge an up-front fee. George, the "specialist" told me that that was Florida law only. It is now September 22, our home goes to forclosure on October 22, and we haven't heard from TLMT since late July. The last time I spoke to them, they told me NOT to contact my mortgage company because it would just IRITATE my lender into making a rash decision that would not be in our best interest. BEST INTEREST!! I did, anyways (once a week to no avail), and according to my lender, they did not have this in "final review" as TLMT told me in July! Furthermore, TLMT stated that it would only be a few week before I would hear from my lender. Of course, now we can't get a hold of them. Now I'm out $1600, about to be foreclosed on, have retained an attorney, and am ready to join a class action suit against them! Finally, last Friday 9/18/09, ABC World News with Charlie Gibson ran a special on loan modifications. It said that only 9% of loans are ACTUALLY MODIFIED!!

• Ca
      7th of Oct, 2009

Put me in for the class action law suit. They got me for 1199.00. I did talk to someone there 2 weeks ago, but now all the numbers are ringing busy.

John in Dover DE

Hello,

We are HOT on the trail of the Loan Modifiation Team management team. I have filed several complaints with the FTC, FBI, Attorney Generals Office, BBB, etc. These agencies need to find the link between the business they closed down The Loan Modificaiton Team and they name of the new business name. My concern is they have A LOT of sensitive information for current and former clients. Who knows what they have done with this information. That is what worries me the most.

They have closed up shop and are operating under another name. They under this nae for a short while www.thedocumentservices.com. Notice the 210 Concourse address that is the same as The Loan Modification Team. The BBB of Virginia even drove by to check and they are not there. The Loan Modification Team are still fielding call from the 1-888-612-4067 If anyone has any information, please e-mail to me so I can forward this to the Federal Agencies. If you were a fromer employee, please contact us. These clowns need to understand that they need to be put out of business for good. They took $4, 296 from me and I want it back.

We need to band together and together we can get out money back and put these people out of business for good. Who is with me.

JV

Hello,

If you worked for the Loan Modification Team and you have any information that we can pass on to the Federal Agencies, please e-mail them to me. If not, you will be included in any legal matters or prosecutions by the Federal Agencies.

I want the owners of the Loan Modification Team to know that we are NOT going to go away and we are tracking your every move. You have left a trail that is leading up to you and you just can not close up shop and thing you "wash your hands" with your business. You have left a trail that we are on.

You have committed a CRIME in many states by charging people for money up front. Many of you transaction were illegal and you will all be held accountable. We have the names of key management, investors, and owners of this company. All this will be turned over to the Federal Agencies to shut you down for good.

If you want the courts to have mercy on you, you better send all your former clients their money back. You owe me $4, 296 to be exact. This will go a long way once you are called into court. Maybe the courts can show some mercy if you show mercy and compassion on the people you stole money from. You need to search your hearts and do the right thing.

I want to make sure NO ONE else is ever taken from your company.

Here is what we have so far:

1. You stared off the Loan Modification Team at www.TeamModify.com
    2. You close shop about 2 months ago. Verified by the FTC and BBB of Virginia.
    3. You open up another company under the name of www.thedocumentservices.com.
    4. That website is in active but notice the address 201 Concourse Av, Suite 200. That has linked you directly to the Loan Modification Team.
    5. We have now tracked them down to this new website www.EZMod.com. There is only a phone number and no other way to contact them.

As you can see Loan Modification Team, we are hot on your trail. You can run but you can not hide. You might as well turn yourselves into the Federal Authories or Agencies so they can discuss your options.

Time has run out on you criminals. As you can see the "little" guy will have the last word in this matter.

JV.

Hello,

Correction... the new website is www.EZMod.us (Please make a note of this)

JV.

Hello,

If you need to file a formal complaint or report The Loan Modification Team, please use his webste. It is REALLY helpful.

Please include the following information so the Federal Agencies know where to track them down:

1. They stared off the Loan Modification Team at www.TeamModify.com
    2. They close shop about 2 months ago. Verified by the FTC and BBB of Virginia.
    3. They open up another company under the name of www.thedocumentservices.com.
    5. We have now tracked them down to this new website www.EZMod.us (There is only a phone number and no other way to contact them).

The more complaints and reports we have against them, the better. I you are have more information to add above, please share it with everyone.

Working together, we can bring them down and get our money back.

JV