The Loan Modification Group Inc. A Florida Corporation / Daniel H Fox and Nadia Jose

1 Peoria, AZ, United States Review updated:

We hired these people back in August to help save our home. 8 months and $2000.00 later they were unable to assist in the modification of our home loan. I ended up doing the work on my end because they were not getting the job done to my expectations. Now that I have gotten our mortgage payments over $1000.00 less a month then they were originally I have called and left messages and sent several e mails requesting a refund of all $2000.00 be returned to us. I have not heard back either via phone or email from anyone at this firm in regards to our refund request since my original request on March 11, 2009. I would not recommend anyone use this firm for loan modification or any other reason. of any injunctions out there against this firm. Please let me know. If The Loan Modification Group Inc. refunds my monies I will remove this complaint but not a moment sooner.

Comments

• Co
      6th of Apr, 2009

"N.J." is just an over worked paper pusher at that office, Daniel H Fox is the boss and completely responsible for the business. She is just one of the few people working on files in that office, she doesn't have any control over what the sales people (the first people you spoke with) say or do. Her job is just to do the best she can with the resources she has to negotiate with the bank. In fact she has been fighting to get a refund for you, but all her superiors are giving a hard time.

It is totally unfair to call out an employee like that when they are just trying to make a living and means no harm whatsoever. All your energy should be directed at Daniel H. Fox and the sales person you made first contact with.

FYI, the organization of management of that company is as follows:

1) Daniel H. Fox and Daniel B. Clarin (Partners business owners)
    2) Art (Arthur) Clyde (Business Manager, N.J.'s supervisor)

6th of Apr, 2009

I saw a different comment in my inbox. I appologize for the sassiness. I will no longer contact Nadia and go straight to Arthur Clyde. Daniel is untouchable. You cannot get to him...believe me I have tried. Your insight has been very useful. Thank you for the information. I will get Art an e mail right now. :) If his e mail is that same as Nadia's, aclyde@mitigationllc.com??

7th of Apr, 2009

I rcvd a call from Art Clyde this morning and am happy to say that we have agreed on a compromise. They agreed to credit me $1000.00 to my bank acct electronically on my debit card and since they stopped forclosure and put us on a forbearance plan they get the other $1000.0. I am not greedy, just looking for fair. I got it and I am happy now. I am amending this complaint and I have requested to remove the complain with the West Palm Beach BBB.

8th of Apr, 2009

I have left messages for Coral and mary at the office. Coral apparently is in charge of "refunds". I see that the Attorney general of Mass. has filed a suit.
    I have contacted the NY Attorney General Office and am sending over all of the documentation. I WANT A REFUND. To date, my rate has NOT changed, (Since the beginning of December) this has been going on. The sales people on the phone originally said 30-60 days and if it is not adjusted, MONEY BACK, NO QUESTIONS ASKED...
    I am also in the process of contacting the Florida Attorney General Office.
    If you want to read more on the Mass filing go to, Boston Business Journal and the article is, "AG files suit against forclosure scams" and it was written by Michelle Hillman.

• Lo
      15th of Apr, 2009

I understand that there are some people out to take advantage of people that are looking foe assistance with loan modifications. But I work not w/ Mr Fox's office but another atty & we work hard to save peoples homes from foreclosure and modifity their loans. Many homeowners are ungrateful and want thier cake and eat too. I have stopped many people from losing thier homes to foreclosure and worked out forbearance agreements and they still want refunds because they didn't get everything a salesperson said could be done. When you go to a Ford Dealer they tell you Ford is the best they do not tell you Ford builds better trucks than cars. It is your job to research and make an informed decision. We are nothing but honeswt w/ our clients and we always tell them this is something you can do on your own & the decsion is completely up to the lender. Several lenders have told our office that they are recieving 60, 000 loan mod request per month & it is taking them 30-45 days just to load the paperwork we send them into their system. After that it takes them another 30-45 days just to assign a negotator to the file. Then the negotator could take another 30-60 days just to close the file. So if i sent over paperwork a week ago and you call to see if I am going my job the paperwork I have sent is not load on the system and instead of inform the client that they the lenders are behind the tell the clients they have never recieved anything form us. Which in turns cause clients to call & call & call out of fear they are being scammed. They government says people should not charge for modification services but you tell me do any of you work for free. If takes hours sometimes jus to get thru to someone at the bank. I do not Know of any person that can sit on the phone for hours day after day week after week to perform a loan mod. Some Banks like Taylor Bean (TBW) you can not even get through to get a fax number let along follow up on the status of your clients loan mod. The biggest complainers are those in forclosure and after personally review thousand of people finances the problem is not your mortgage payments is you the client living way beyound your means long before an economic crisis. I have a family & bills just as well & if you think I should not get paid for the hard work I have done. When you start to do your job for free I'll do mine for free. But remember you first.

• St
      15th of Apr, 2009

I am so embarrassed right now, because I have fallen into a scam, by the Law Offices of Daniel Fox. In mid February, I spoke with a Chris Shorter, the first contact for this fraudulant organization. He was after me time and time again to get my $1, 650.00 dollars and once it was taken out of my checking account, the story changed. I sent him all of my documents that was needed, and then I got a court letter stating that I had to appear in Court on March 18, 2009. I called Chris Shorter to ask, what shall I do about the court appearance, he told me to fax it to him, on the next morning I recieved a call from Nadia, that I still have recorded, stating that she spoke with the courts here in Connecticut and because we have a Mediation program that helps with mediating with the borrower and bank, they no longer could help me and that I was get a full refund immediately. That was on March 17, 2009 and here we are a month later and I call and leave messages to Chris Shorter, Nadia and Coral and I haven't recieved a call back as of yet. I will contact Attorney Blumenthal, Connecticut State's Attorney General and see how he could go after preditors as these, that prey on people that are in desperate need and not come follow through with the refund that 's due to me or at least answer the phone. There was one young lady, Patty Clyde that's stationed in Florida, and she told me today that if I don't hear anything by tomorrow from Coral after leaving her a message, to call her back and she would get me in touch with the person that can get me that refund. I would feel alot better, if Chris Shorter would answer his phone, If you would like to try and call him and see if he answers for you, his number is (516(581-8000 and his office number is (516)833-8878. If someone can direct me in the right direction, let me know. Stephanie L.

• Fo
      16th of Apr, 2009

My husband contacted Daniel Fox Law Firm back in December. In November 1st my husband was laid off, and we would not be able to pay our mortgage, we needed a loan modification. Since January we have been waiting for some reply on their behalf and now they don’t even answer our phone calls, nor call us back when we leave a message.
    As this lady above I fell ashamed and harmed. Those people in this law firm are dealing with people’s life and should be more respectful of their unfortunate situation. On Monday April 13, I called our mortgage company to find out in what stage was the negotiation between the Mortgage Company and Daniel Fox Law Firm and I was informed that the process of Loan Modification has not even started, given that we paid the law firm back in January. I have two small kids and this house is the only place I have to live in. I need help; my husband has panic attacks because of this situation with the house. We need for this problem to be resolved immediately now that we paid for the services in full for more than 3 months. WE NEED HELP!!!

• Ri
      25th of Apr, 2009

"The Loan Modification Group Corporation" has been dissoluted on Feb. 5th of 2009 (see www.sunbiz.org) and no longer active. However the same people are still running the show under a different name "Mitigation, LLC".
    New branding, but still the same formula: < Daniel H. Fox >

• Ca
      1st of May, 2009

contact the atty generals office press charges against this crook!!!

• Le
      1st of May, 2009

I was contacted by phone stating if you need help in lowering your house payments press 1. I then talked with Doug Fenimore who promised we qualified for a home loan modification, stating our payments would be lowered to $515/month at 5% interest. I was then sent papers to fill out and sent $2500 up front to get this modification loan started with Daniel H. Fox, LLC. This was in January of 2009. It is now May and nothing has been accomplished. I call and call and leave messages. They never return my calls. I would like to know what I need to do in order to get back the hard-earned $2500 that I could now use on my house mortage that I was informed did not need to be paid while the modification was in process. Twylah

• Ri
      8th of Jun, 2009

I think Everyone should see this:

This guy is going to be famous.

• Su
      28th of Jun, 2009

I agree I was contacted by a person over the phone about the midication llc. They told me that I would be able to get the modification done by time my next payment was due. That was five months ago. I have been calling and leaving messages. They refuse to refund me and say they are working on my file. I called the bank and they said they have not heard from them. I too talked to Nadia and aurthor's secretries. They told me that I could not get a refund. All I want is my money back. I am not happy and I will be contacting the BBB and the attorney General tomorrow. This incedent has ruined my credit. I am still one month behind. I am unable to catch up I gave them $1650.oo for them to do nothing.

Sue
    snellenbergersue@yahoo.com

24th of Aug, 2009

I actually got my money back from Daniel Foz

24th of Aug, 2009

Fox

• Mk
      21st of Oct, 2009

Hello all, I have been looking at the post and I understand your pain. I was also a victim of this company, however, I was able to get my refund back in Feb of 2009, shortly after I realized that this company was a scam. However, I thought each of you would be interested to know that I just received a letter dated september 3 from the Supreme Court of Florida informing me that effective immediately Daniel Henry Fox has been DISBARRED!!! About a month ago I received a letter stating that he had filed bankruptcy, when I called and spoke with the trustee, she stated that this situation is a mess and I was fortunate to have received my money back prior to all this drama!

For those of you who have not received your money by now, there is a strong chance that you won't get a refund. It is an unfortunate situation and for me a lesson learned. If it sounds to good to be true, then chances are it is.

Anyway, I think you will find some comfort in knowing that this guy is now getting his, the really sad part about this is that it still remains to be seem if this will stop him, or if he will do like so many and change his name and start this scam all over again!!! All I can say is beware!!!

• Br
      11th of Jul, 2010

If this [censor] was Disbarred, how is he still practicing law??!! I got screwed by this Effer too!! Received letters from the Attorney General in FL that he filed bankruptcy.

Here is his website: http://www.realpagessites.com/danielfox/