the loan modification group / am unsure if is scam or not

Hicksville, NY, United States Review updated:
3.1
Phone: 1-866-why-not-2
I am in foreclosure and saw this ad in my local Penny-save <back cover full page>..I am supposed to fill out forms including a 'specific power of attorney one transaction only' along with my last $1650. This is supposed to get a lawyer down in Florida named Daniel H Fox-2875 ne 191st st adventura, Florida 33180. There is a lawyer there by that name <Http:www.yellowpages.com/info-BS[protected]/fox-daniel-h/reviews> but I cannot find this business in the BBB, the Hicksville, NY Chamber of Commerce, etc. I need to save my house for myself and my senior handi-capped mother and I do need a response and.or a company you can reccomand is reliable. thank you very much for your time. sincerely mark luftig

Comments

Bc
  17th of Sep, 2008
So which is it - scam or not? I wanted to find out more about this company and after reading this article, I'm right back where I started...No helpful information was given.
Ge
  17th of Sep, 2008
I can help you. I'm based on Florida and I work with very reputable lawyers. Please call me at 954-793-0630. I'm looking forward to speaking with you.
Da
  18th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
My advice to you is to contact your lender directly. If you are patient and persistent your lender should work with you. There are factors that lenders will consider; such as rate adjustments and hardships. As long as you can show your lender that you can sustain an agreed upon payment (certain financial documents will be required) they can assist. Household income must be sufficient to cover all monthly expenses. If you do not make enough money or unemployed, your chances are slim.

As far as back payments, late fees etc., Lenders usually will take a relatively small down payment and place the rest in the rear of the loan. Sometimes lenders will require them to be paid back in a determined amount of time, (have 6-24 months)
Some provide signature loans at low interest, separate from the mortgage that can be paid back over time.

Lenders have frequently been resetting interest rates that have adjusted to their start rates and fixing them thereon. In some situations lenders have even lowered high fixed rate loans; however, not nearly as often.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, foreclosure situations can be tricky. At this point the lender has incurred 3rd party expenses that they will pay (i.e. unpaid property taxes, insurance, attorneys, and court costs). When much accrues you can rest assure that the down payment to get you out of it will be much greater.

There are many other scenarios that are available for all types of qualifying people.

If you have any questions you may call me directly. This is a legitimate service; however not all can qualify. Furthermore we are a service of convenience only. This task can be completed on your own- but it is quite difficult, time consuming and frustrating. Many customer slip through the cracks when dealing with large banks and/or servicing companies that are in disarray. Our job is to see that if assistance can be had- we make sure it is provided.

Good luck to you.

FYI- regarding the fee, I am not affiliated with the company whatsoever. I am one of several attorneys who do back end processing work. Rests assure both my self and the Loan Solution Company is legitimate. It is always up to the consumer as to what is in their best interests and then determine the next course of action they should take.

Some provide signature loans at low interest, seperate from the mortgage that can be paid back over time.

Nothwithstanding the foregoing, foreclosure situations can be tricky. At this point the lender has incurred 3rd party expenses that they will pay (i.e. unpaid property taxes, insurance, attorneys, and court costs). When much accrues you can rest assure that the downpayment to get you out of it will be much greater.

There are many other scenarios that are avilabale for all types of qualifying people.

If you have any questions you may call me directly. This is a legitimate service; however not all can qualify. Furthermore we are a service of convienence only. This task can be completeld on the your own- but it is quite difficult, time consuming and frustrating. Many customer slip through the cracks when dealing with large banks and/or servicing companies that are in disarray. Our job is to see that if assistance can be had- we make sure it is provided.

Good luck to you.

FYI- regarding the fee, I am not affiliated with the company whatsoever. I am one of several attroneys who do back end processing work. Rest assure both my self and the loan solution company are legitimate. It is always up to the consumer as to what is in thir best interests and then dwetermine the next course of action they should take.
Dp
  1st of Oct, 2008
So, Hicksville New York, did you ever do anything with The Loan Modification Group? I got the exact same phone call (from a guy named Bruce Wayne...thought that was almost too stupid to be made up) and went through the spiel. The same Daniel Fox wants $1450 to reduce my mortgage rate. I'm not in trouble with my mortgage, but have a house that's worth much less that I owe thanks to the one-state recession that is Michigan. According to them, I'm "guaranteed" to have my sub-prime mortgage reduced to a 6% rate. Something just smells fishy.
Mo
  5th of Oct, 2008
i worked with maximondo modification consultant corporation ran by a lawyers in chicago (tel.773-283-0883), and the loan modificaiton takes 60-90 days processing. Sometimes the lender or staff takes too long until the congress thru the bailout bill should pass a law mandatory for the lenders to act for modification within 30 days. I encouraged all homeowners to write your mayors, governors, city council, senators and representative as well as attorney general of each state to draft a law making mandatory for the lender to negotiate and must act within 30 days. i did that and I pleads for everybody to do it to avoid so many forclosures. Some borrowers are so slow in giving the reuqired documents and as well as the lenders. we ar ehandling 20 files every month and it is frustrating that lenders takes so long. However, we were able to help some people especialy that foreclousre and bidding had been set up. You must remember foreclosure laywers are always in connivance with lawyers staff that is why they take too long to amend or negotiate with us. The law should also coverd the foreclosure lawyer, credit rating and foreclosure must be suspened for a year. I am not in favor of bailout because this is for big banks and rich people. I suggest that each us citizen who are 21 years must be given $100, 000 and this costs $30 billions only and i am sure this will stimulate our economy also.

Loan modification is a long process and we as well as borrowers to be patience. SOme modificaiton company charges checp but beware of that and some charged over $3, 500.00. I am also a real estate and mortgage licensed broker in Chicago.
It
  15th of Oct, 2008
I'm in the process with working with the Loan Modification group. The agreement on the cost was $1695. However, they took $1950 from my checking account. I notified them right away and they are suppose to refund me the $255 difference. I have yet to see that money, it has been 2 weeks.

I still haven't heard anything about the process and we started in on 9/25/08. I will update you either way. They did tell me it could take up tp 45 days.
Em
  15th of Oct, 2008
I worked with the Modification group 6 months ago...My lender was Saxton..They werent helping me so When I got the call From Dedra I sent the payment in, I was at 10.5 and am now down to 6.35, and Im able to pay my bills on time. and I couldnt be happier

Emma
Tt
  15th of Oct, 2008
I fell behind on our mortgage. I worked directly with our lender's Loss Mitigation department. I had to be deligent, organized and persistant. It took 6 months, but if you turn in your documents as requested and follow up right away to make sure it get to the right people, and check in every 2 weeks, it is worth it. You will not need to pay anyone to do this for you. I will admit, that it took 5 times to fax our documents, because it would get (lost). Once all of your documents have been recieved, you then need to follow up with the loss mitigation department to make sure you documents were forwarded timely. Our lender placed our past due balance to the end of the loan and lowered our interest rate from 10% to 6.25%. You can do it yourself!

Hand in there... :-)
Mi
  15th of Oct, 2008
I too was contacted on my cell phone by someone from Ameribank, affiliated with the Loan Modification Group. He was very cordial but could not tell me much about how he had gotten my number. He asked for my name and number partway through the conversation. He gave me a website and physical address for the company that he represents.

I asked if this had anything to do with the bailout bill, and he said no, but then added later that the bailout bill had made it "easier for attorneys to negotiate mortgage modification, for a small fee." He claimed a 100% or 90% success rate and told me there was a fee for the service but no closing costs or anything else, since this is not a refinance service but rather a renegotiation.

I am not behind on my house payments, nor am I anywhere near foreclosure, but of course I would love to have a lower interest rate and lower payment.

I am still wondering how exactly this guy (Joseph Nese, phone # 516-833-8812) got my cell phone number, which is not a listed number, but did not even know my name when he called.

I checked out the website for his company (mortgagemodtoday.com) and wrote down the address he gave:
25 Newridge Road
Hicksville, NY 11801

I have also checked with snopes.com (the urban legends website) and Wikipedia to see if there is any initial information out about this group.

I found nothing listed with the Better Business Bureau.

I do not know what t think about this, so I am going to check with some lawyer friends and see what they say.
Ry
  20th of Oct, 2008
I am in total satisfaction with the loan modification group out of NY, the helped me save my house. I worked with John Lambert. Daniel Fox who is the attorney on my case did an amazing job...Thanks Loan Modification Group
Jo
  20th of Oct, 2008
I was contacted by a very nice young man by the name of Todd Marsi. Mr Marsi contacted me about 2 weeks ago telling me he could help me get out of the adjustable rate I was paying. He was very knowledgeable and was able to make things much more clear for me. Although I was skeptical at first, mr Marsi did a conference call with Mr fox which made me feel much more at ease doing business with him. I have had nothing but good experinences with Mr Marsi and everyone at Mr Fox s office has been Great. If you are going to lose your home or just need to lower your rate I recommend you call Mr Marsi (516)833-8864
It
  21st of Oct, 2008
I have received a check for the difference they accidentally cherged me for. I'm still waiting to hear what type of fixed rate I was able to get.
Jo
  28th of Oct, 2008
I have just gotten my loan modification approved by Countrywide! I was a little skeptical about the loan modification group, but I must say im very very happy with the deal they got me. They knocked 4% off my adj rate and made it fixed for the rest of my mortgage! I also was able to get out from behind, and now my monthly payment is $800 less then it was before! The person I dealt with there is Daniel Swirnoff, and his number is 516-833-8868. They are located in hicksville NY and you can even pay by credit card.
Er
  12th of Nov, 2008
Maximondo MOdificatin Consultant Corp. of Chicago, Il 60618, Tel. 773-588-8776 does wholesale loan modificaiton outsouricng processing services.
We also do consulting for those who want to set loan modificaiton company. This is a business opportnity.

Ideal for mortgge broker or real estate broker.

Laon modification is good and it prevents foreclsoure, short sale and bankruptcy.

If anybody intersted call our marketing director.
Er
  12th of Nov, 2008
Maximondo Modification Consultant Corp. of Chicago, Il 60618, Tel. 773-588-8776 located at 3745 w. montrose, chichicago does wholesale loan modification outsouricng processing services.
We also do consulting for those who want to set loan modificaiton company. This is a very good business opportunity.

Ideal for mortgage broker or real estate broker.

Laon modification is good and it prevents foreclosure, short sale and bankruptcy.

If anybody interested call our marketing director.
Br
  1st of Dec, 2008
If you need a mortgage expert and help with a modification, I can help you. I am registered with 6 state banking departments. If you like help please email or call 631-752-4000 ext 216 Free 100% no cost consultation
Mc
  13th of Jan, 2009
My wife and I were contacted by Martin at The Loan Modification Group. He promised us that they would lower our monthly mortgage payments by $500. We have a fixed rate mortgage and we are not anywhere near forclosure, but we were interested in lowering our mortgage payments. He requested $2750, which we paid by credit card. When he emailed us the paperwork to sign, I was reading it and I found 2 "minor" punctuation errors. This seemed out of place, especially since legal paperwork such as this should not have any errors whatsoever. I immediately called my credit card company and alerted them, and they said that the charge was posted as "School and Education, " probably to make this charge seem like it was from a student loan payment. I called Martin at The Loan Modification Group and he told me that "we owe it to ourselves to finish with the process, since we already charged your credit card." I told him that we signed nothing, and that we had contacted Visa to place a fraud alert on this activity. He said he had a "meeting, " but would call me back in 30 minutes. He did call back, and said that he was refunding the amount onto the card. Needless to say, The Loan Modification Group is conducting some extremely shady business, and I would recommend steering clear of them at all costs.
FYI...Daniel Fox posted on this thread earlier. If he is in fact an attorney, you can read his post for yourself to see that punctuation and spelling are not his strong suits. Personally, I don't believe that he is an actual attorney.
Pa
  16th of Jan, 2009
Words from a Very Outspoken and Opinionated California Litigation Attorney

Here in California, our Department of Real Estate website (dub dub dub dot dre dot gov) lists the companies that have DRE "permission" to modify loans... add to this list any licensed California attorney, and that is where you should begin your due diligence search when you seek help in California. Other states probably have similar laws, so check with your own state DRE and state bar.

My law firm has been getting more and more calls recently from homeowners that were victims of predatory lenders who put them into an unaffordable loan and now fell into the hands of those same people who sold the toxic loans but profess to be saviors... DON’T BE A VICTIM TWICE! What’s that they say, “Fool me once, shame on you, but fool me twice, and I’ll sue your butt!”

Do your homework and THOROUGHLY investigate any firm before hiring them to save your biggest asset and the place you call “home.” Scammers are popping up like dandelions on a freshly mowed lawn in April. They advertise on the Internet, freeway billboards, radio, television, and print media everywhere, not to mention spamming your email box with those third-world widows needing someone to receive three million dollars for them. Make no mistake, in many cases, these “loan modification experts” are the exact same loan officers and mortgage brokers who fleeced homeowners the first time around. After losing their jobs with the crash of the mortgage industry, they have found a new way to make ill-gotten profits from hard-working homeowners through loan modifications.

In California, with very few exceptions (and attorneys are one exception… no coincidence there… attorneys make the laws), it is against the law for anyone to take money up front for helping a homeowner who is in default. Don’t trust a company that begins its relationship with you by breaking the law.

HERE’S THE BOTTOM LINE!

Hire an attorney – and not just any attorney either - one with experience in mortgage law, not just one with real estate law experience but one with experience in both FEDERAL and STATE litigation against mortgage companies, one who doesn’t also do family law, criminal law, admiralty law, and immigration law as well, one who limits the practice to mortgage law (or at least a great majority of it), one who has the experienced staff, training, and know how to take on the big lenders and their top notch lawyers (lenders have attorneys – and darn good ones – check out their counsel on the web – big names top schools, shouldn’t you have a lawyer too?).

We are not talking about a refund on your broken television here, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars and your HOME – if you don’t think this is the time to hire a highly educated and experienced professional instead of a weekend schooled, almost out of work, broker slash loan officer slash “expensive water in a wine bottle with alleged magical curative powers” salesperson, I don’t know what would make you take things seriously.

Of course, this is one obnoxious lawyer's totally biased opinion, but one based on many many distressing calls to my office every day. And, yes, my firm loves taking cases against loan modification companies who have violated laws. This field is quickly becoming one of the fastest growing sections for our mortgage law firm.

- Paul J. Molinaro, Esq.
Ri
  5th of Feb, 2009
Litigation – Fraud Representation

Have you paid to receive a Loan Modification previously to a firm that is not a Law Firm? If so, you may be eligible to receive all of your money back plus damages.

As you have seen all over the news, there are many so called “Loan Modification Shops” are out there stating that they can help you with your mortgage and save you from foreclosure. The sad fact is that most of these shops are out there to defraud you and take your money. These are some of the very Mortgage Brokers that preyed on poor victims putting them into loans they could not afford, and now they are back, preying on them to take their money again, taking advantage of them in their situation. In many states, operating as a Loan Modification shop and taking fees up front without being an attorney is illegal.

If you have fallen victim to one of these shops and have given money “up front” before the Loan Modification was completed, you may be eligible for all of your money back, plus damages, regardless of the outcome of the modification.

Need a loan modification? Then you need an attorney.

Are you one of the millions of Americans that are affected by today’s financial markets?

If you have fallen behind on your mortgage, are upside down and facing foreclosure, we can help.
In situations like this, the banks and creditors have their attorneys working around the clock to make sure their best interests are watched out for. Don’t you deserve the same?

US Advocate Law Group’s sole focus is to look out for Your best interests and protect you from the legal and financial problems that occur when you are behind on your Mortgage or Consumer Credit.

Don’t fall victim to the predatory lenders tactics convincing you that you can do this alone. You need legal counsel on Your side, to help and protect you through this process and get you the help you deserve!

And do not fall victim to other so-called Loan Modification companies, most of whom are working outside the law and cannot be trusted. Your Lender will not work with them to get you what you need. Trust US Advocate Law Group to support and fight for you!
WE FIGHT BANKS

We are an advocate group, not a service group. We fight predatory lending and represent homeowners and consumers who need our help to work out deals with their banks.
Our sole focus is on Loan Modifications and in addition to our Attorneys, we employ more than 50 full time Mortgage Professionals including mortgage underwriters, loan processors, loan auditors, and mortgage negotiators. We make sure your file is prepared properly and fast-tracked through the Lender.

We are the Solution You Need. With our focus on Loan Modification and Consumer Debt, you can rest assured knowing that we are focused on your needs.

Links to modifications completed by our firm.

Rich Vaux
Loss Mitigation Professional

US Advocate Law Group, P.C.
28202 Cabot Rd #650
Laguna Niguel, Ca 92677
(714)316-4958
(866) 373-0277 fax

www.USAdvocateLawGroup.com
Mi
  25th of Feb, 2009
Mr. Molinaro is right on the money with his assessment. I have been in the mortgage/banking industry for the past 25 years. The companies I worked for lost business to the "WAMUs 1.99%/OPTION ARM PRODUCTS (negative am loans), etc." over the past 10 years. You hit it right on the money, the same people that were on "negative am" side of the business are now "working the modification" side of the business.

My wife and I have never been late on our mortgage. We clearly needed help with our mortgage payments though and after our lender showed no interest in discussing a modification (over a period of 5 months), we finally decided to work with an attorney that could guide us through the modification process. Thinking we had adequately completed our research/due diligence regarding this attorney, we made our selection. Over a 2 week period we provided all documention requested (tax returns, paystubs, hardship letter, everything). We were communicating with the attorneys office/modification company on a daily basis for 2 weeks. They concluded that our paper work was in excellent order and we should expect a modification of 25% - 45%. Their representative indicated 35% reduction on both mortgages would not be a problem. The process would take 45 - 60 days and our 1st and 2nd mortgages would be modified. Additionally, two of the modification companys representatives were "extremely" familiar with our 1st mortgage lender (1 of the employees had worked for the lender). Needless to say my wife and I were convinced this attorney's office were professional, knew their way around this process and would greatly assist us in our time of need. Oh, but they stated that they could not proceed without the fee. But once they got the fee it was virtually a done deal (their words).

The real laugh out loud part of this story comes now. We paid this US ADVOCATE LAW GROUP a $4, 500 fee for the modification of our loans. 2 days later we were informed we did not qualify for the modification. That was it. This company will provide no additional information, will return no phone calls and hasn't returned my money. We now realize, after calling at various times during the day from multiple telephones (our calls go directly to voicemail and clearly caller ID is working overtime at this place) that the people we were working with were all mortgage people. Although US ADVOCATE LAW GROUP (located in California) may have attorneys, our experience was clearly with a mortgage operation and we were taken for a $4, 500 ride.

Mr. Molinaro - We are currently working with the OTS and our Senator regarding several problems we have with our 1st lien holder (CW). We now seem to have the attention of our lien holder and are starting to see some positive results. Unfortunately they can not help us in California with this "situation". Would you please direct me to the state agency(s) in California that can provide assistance regarding this fiasco. Needless to say, we are extremely disappointed.

Sincerely,