the loan-centre.net / membership fee

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I have had the same experience today, as many other people where the loan-centre.net took £47.50 out of my account completely unexpected.

After several emails back and forward asking them to cancel my membership and refund fee, and them telling me they had fulfilled my membership by offering products under terms and conditions, I sent a final email stating that under their terms and conditions I had a right to cancel my membership within 14 days. I found their terms and conditions on their website and directly quoted this to them. I also advised I was very unsatisifed and was going to make a formal complaint, which I am still inclined to do.

Eventually, I received an email to state I was entitled to cancel within 14 days of receving the terms and conditions. I never did recieve these but am still within timescales as my application was completed 5th Oct. They have attached a 'cancellation authority' form which I need to return in timescales and they say they will refund the fee.

People need to be aware to take this approach or you will be fobbed off with emails saying they have fulfilled their obligations and never directly telling yu of your right to a refund and to cancel this. I would imagine the cancellation form is not readily accessible either. They call the membership fee an initial one which makes me wonder how many more payments they were going to take, as apparently this was only for 1 month membership.

I will be sending this form back by recorded delivery as I have lost all faith and don't want to be in a position later where they might say they did not receive it within timescales, if I have no proof of the day I sent it, or that they signed for it.

Under the terms and conditions there is also an address for them, as people have said this informaton is not forthcoming.

I will have to wait and see if I do get a refund and I will have a wait for this, but if it is not received the matter will be taken further.

Ta

Comments

• Pa
      27th of Dec, 2010

Hi,

The same thing happened to me, but I did not complete the form. On xmas eve they took £67.90 from my account!! The money was for my daughters xmas present. Am absolutely disgusted with them. Have e-mailed them that I wish to cancel the agreement (even though I never completed the form) and would like the money refunded as per their terms and conditions. They dont even have a phone number! Checked the address on yell.com and was given a number for EASY LOANS at the same address!! Needless to say the number was not recognised. These despicable loan sharks should be jailed!!

• Ts
      28th of Jan, 2011

yip same happened to me i was robbed of £36;50 just two weeks ago I tried calling them and was letf on the line for 15 minuites ta a time, no one ever answered and the phone just went dead more so during the call I was told you are now 4th in the line to be answered then 3rd then 2nd and then it got to your are next in line to be answered tyhe phone just went dead. i tried the same thing 4 times the cost of the phone calls where discustoing also. I emailed them and was told i had no chance of recieving the 36:50 back. this sort of thing is discusting and the people in charge should be locked up. They are ripping the people of this county off and no one seems to be able to do anything about.

• Xk
      16th of Feb, 2011

yep same happend to me £69.70 and i didnt agree to anything at all

• Pa
      16th of Feb, 2011

I got my money back cant believe it!!! Sent an e-mail saying as per terms and conditions saying I had 14 days to cancel, I wanted to cancel. They sent me a form which I sent back around 10th january. Still kept pestering them and got an e-mail from customers service saying it would take 7 to 10 days to process on 24th january. Still kept e-mailing and not getting answers, then finally got an e-mail from Gareth on Monday saying it had been processed and the refund was in my account yesterday. So it can be done!!