The Literary Guild / Did not order books or join club!

Received books in the mail with invoice. Never joined the club or heard of them. Finally found a way to talk to customer service after navigating through their voice mail system. Was told they would cancel the membership and would receive a pre-paid mailing label. Received a cancellation letter but no return label. THIS APPEARS TO BE A SCAM! BEWARE. Many complaints about this organization on the internet. Am still waiting for pre-paid return label to send books back.

A  22nd of Jan, 2009 by
I have yet to find a way to speak with anyone over there. I was sent books back in Aug/Sep of 08. Returned each and every one UNOPENED and wrote RETURN TO SENDER, DID NOT ORDER, CANCEL on every single one. Then on 19 Jan 09, I start receiving phone calls from a collection agency. Today I received a letter from Eastern Collection Corp saying my account with Literary Guild Select was turned over to them for non-payment. They claim Literary Guild Select has tried to contact me "many times". This is a FLAT OUT LIE. I have never heard from them since I returned the last book. Not via email, phone or snail mail. They want me to pay $78.24 for products and services I never ordered, asked for or wanted. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. ARGH!!!