The Leisure Group/ Travel discounts / Lack of proper notification as the right to cancel, therefore avoiding the obligation to refund registration fees (they call them license fees).

1 5036Dr.Phillips Blvd., Orlando, Fl., 32819Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-370-0610

On Friday, July 3, 2009, my wife and I attended a presentation by The Leisure Group, of 5036 Dr. Phillips Blvd., Suite 256, Orlando, Florida 32819 at Sleep Inn, Punta Gorda, Florida, at 11 am.

We were told that for $6000.00, or at least $2500.00, we could join The Leisure Group and we could benefit of great discounts of various travel opportunities i.e. cruise, condominium, hotels and car rentals.

After we signed up we tried to contact The Leisure Group, but Saturday was a holiday being the 4th of July. The Leisure Group Company was closed on Sunday, July 5th and on Monday, July 6th nobody would talk to us unless we had a “user number.”

We wanted to verify if the discounts promised on Friday, July 3rd, were as good as they claimed. Tuesday, July 7th, we got some information regarding some rentals but we could not verify it because we did not have the “user number.”

We finally got the “user number” on Thursday, July 9th, at noon. This was the earliest time we could verify the deal in order to be able to decide whether the arrangement was good or not.

We decided that it was not and that in the future, as I am getting ready to retire possibly as early as next year, it would be a great burden to us to travel.

• The Presentation/Conference was Friday, July 3rd, 2009
• The credit money/payment was transferred on Sunday, July 5th, 2009
• The Leisure Group office was closed on Saturday, July 4th and Sunday, July 5th
• When we called on Monday July 6th, we were told no information could be provided unless we had the user number, but this would not be available until Thursday, July 9th
• On Tuesday, July 7th, we were given some of the information we requested but it was unverifiable because we were still denied access to the company’s website
• The purchase agreement says that we had three calendar days (Saturday, Sunday and Monday) in which to cancel the sale (we were not given access to the account on Monday, the third day, although The Leisure Group had our money since the day before, Sunday, July 5th )
• The statutes, both Florida and Federal, indicate that we should have had three (3) business days (this would have been Monday, July 6th, Tuesday, July 7th and Wednesday, July 8th) as a cooling period and to cancel the sale. Interestingly, the access to the website, where we could verify the claims was not made available until after this deadline of three business days expired, at noon on Thursday, July 9th
• We believe that the delay was deliberate by The Leisure Group and therefore we should have the three (3) days cooling period start Thursday when the access to the website was made available. The notice of cancellation was sent Monday, July 13th, which would have been within those three days (counting from when they granted us full access, thus the ability to verify their claims)
• There was no notification, as required, as to the time frame we had to cancel the contract, by the signature site. Instead it is buried in the License Agreement, under the caption “The Right to Rescission” (see The Leisure Group, Terms and Conditions of Software License Agreement, p. 3, #19)
• We waited the 21 days that The Leisure Group demanded for the refund to be issued but as of today, August 24th not even a letter of acknowledgment was received
• We believe that this practice of not making available the means to verify what they were selling until after the legal cooling period expired, not placing the required warning regarding the right to cancel, claiming that the time frame to cancel is three calendar days instead of three business days, placing the information regarding the our right to cancel in the middle of the license agreement under a obscure caption “rescission” indicate a pattern of deliberate deception and we believe that the company “ The Leisure Group” should be penalized and the public made aware of their practice.

Comments

30th of Sep, 2009

I recently had a chance to use this company"s services in booking a vacation for myself and some extended family...We had quite a predicament, in the fact that we were attempting to book with less than two months notice, and we needed FOUR units in the SAME location for the SAME week...quite a tall order!
    Not only did the nice folks at Leisure Group find us the four units that we needed (FOUR 2 bedroom/2bath/sleep 6), they did it at a price of under $1200 TOTAL wih TAXES...Not too shabby considering it was a 5 star resort! It turned out so well, the units were superb, service top notch. It was the best vacation ever! Hats off to all at Leisure Group, especially John Britt and Scott Morse at the Orlando office. These young men are as nice as they come and they were SOOOOOO helpful. :) If you are looking for a travel company that gets the job done right at a price that cannot be beat... Leisure Group has got you covered!

23rd of Oct, 2009

Do not use any travel discount group. They are just there to take your money. You can do all the same work yourself on any of the travel sites like Priceline, Travelocity, or just type into Google what you want and you can book direct. If they had such great deals they could make more money off commissions then to scam people for $2500.00 to $6000.00. I am sure if Matt would have called the resort direct he would have gotten the same deal or better. This company is selling software to you. It is not a travel agency. Big deal he booked it with less then two months notice. The last minute deals are usually the best ones. Especially cruises give great last minute discounts and you can sign up directly with the cruise line to call you. Do not pay them for the software. Go to any licensed travel agency or hell call me for $100.00 I will book you for these deals if you do not want to spend less then half an hour doing it yourself. Is it really a free cruise when you have to pay for all the port fees and taxes? Then you do not get to go on the dates you want.

• Na
      15th of Jan, 2010

We just came from a sales presentation in West Palm Beach, from the Leisure Group, where we were told by the representative over the phone that this was not time share selling and this was about travel discounts and for us to go to a 90 minute presentation we would receive a $50.00 gas card and a choice of ours of differente cruises, condo, air fair or 7 nights hotel stay. Well after the presentation which lasted only about 60 minutes, we were told by the speaker that the price was $8, 000.00 to join for a 10 year period for $4, 000.00 in travel discounts a year plus $199.00 annual fee. well once we met with the sales person the deal was if we signed now it would be $6, 400.00 by check or $7, 200.00 by credit card except amex. with $8, 000.00 in travel discounts a year for life. Not beeing sure about joining since we only went like everyone else goes to these meeting was for the free trip. Our sales person told us to think about it and he would be back in 5 minutes, well once he came back we were not sold to that price as we do not travel that much to see the return on our investment so he came down to $4, 995.00, still this is too much for us to consider this to be a good deal so after four attempts we got a $2, 350.00 deal to join with $8, 000.00 in travel discounts a year for life good with up to 4 family groups and a $1, 000.00 air fair credit to be used within the 1st year which we agreed to go for since we are planning a trip with 6 to 8 family members and this would have made a good return on our investment. All I wanted is after the presentation, since they already had the computer running to their web site in live time as they claimed, I wanted them to spend some time with me to surf their site and do real comparison suited for our type of travel and things started to get sour and we started to get an attitude and beeing pressured into what we supposedly got a great deal for the life time and and that we could sell it or transfer it to our kids later and that is was only $2, 350.00 dollars and I stated to feel why am i feeling like I am disturbing them into veryfying their claim and now being pressured to buy or keep my money as he did not needed it but valued it. Well if we are going to spend $2, 350.00 in less than an hour with our sales person i would like to verify their claim. Well I guess it was bogus has he did not want to spend the time. so we backed out of it and google the company to find that we are not the only ones to fell this way. If your planning to do big trips i think this might be worth it. do your search 1st on a trip that you would do try to find the beast deal you could get on the net and than find out with them how much it would be and make your decision based on what makes sence for you.
    Yves, Palm Beach County.

• Ha
      4th of Mar, 2010

I just got off the phone with these guys and attempted to make a purchase of their program over the phone. Now, that I found this website – I am not sure how upset I really am that they refused my money. What I don’t understand is what kind of business model turns down my American money?

Last month we attended one of their speeches at a Hilton hotel in Ft. Myers, FL . I thought it was a really educational presentation for me and my wife - we had just retired so she thought the program would be really good for us because she wanted to start traveling more. At the end of their spiel they made me an offer to buy their program which had a lot more benefits if I did it “TODAY” ….. same as others have mentioned on here. I really liked the short term travel and realistically thought we could easily save the money (6K+) but we didn’t have access to that type of money right then and there (I also refused their ridiculous financing of 17.9%) – so I told them NO! What I don’t get is why when my wife called less than 30 days later and tried to purchase the program they wanted to sell us some small package which didn’t have the original perks that enticed us to buy in the first place! The man on the phone went on and one with dribble about their marketing costs and policies. They said that they made us an offer that day and since we refused, we had to purchase their limited package called “anytime”. That is a poor and ridiculous business practice, If someone calls and offers money for a product – you should take it! My wife is still upset about it because she rearranged all our short terms finances to be able to afford their plan – just to have the “door shut in her face”. Buyers Beware.

• Tr
      21st of Mar, 2010

My wife and I recently were scammed by the Leisure Group LCC and found that the promises they made were totally empty. We were really not afforded the time to check out there claims in the three days allowed to cancel. The reason we were unaware that there promises were false is that we were not even signed onto there web site for a week. We were told that we would have to wait till our membership could be entered and a password issued. So, by the time we found out it was to late. Our attempts to contact Scott Morse, the supposed "GO TO GUY" were met with no call backs after we asked for a refund. We now believe that this company continues to "shaft" folks by just continueing changing the company name to outdistance the growing complaints. My only hope is that they will someday cross the right person with the financial muscle to take these guys on . Please do not use any company with the name Scott Morse or the Name Btitt attached to it without checking them out first. I was a fool to think this was anything but a scam. Live and learn I guess and I hope some day this company will be held accountable. I will be in front of the line pointing my finger if it happens.

• Sn
      28th of Mar, 2010

Today I was asked by their national manager to come back to this website and give my personal opinion of the company and my experiences so far. I originally found this website roughly two weeks after spending my money with them. I went to go Google their website to log-in for the first time and this is what I found. Immediately the alarm bells went off! I waited until my husband came home and showed him everything I found, I must admit we had a bit of a tough time thinking that maybe we just threw away over $6, 000.

We are recent retiree’s and we were really hoping that we could travel around the country for “pennies on the dollar” as they promised, but after reading some of these reviews, we got scared. We waited until the next morning and called their office in Olrando. We called in to speak with someone in management, and they put us on with a Mr. Morris. He was very reassuring and explained that with as many people as they have sold you will always have some “rogue” people out there and he also blamed some of these comments on competitors – but I don’t know which ones were posted by who.

Anyways, he took about an hour of his time out and had us get in front of our computer at the same time. He gave us a walkthrough of the entire website in such great detail that me and my husbands concerns were put back at ease. I think that if you have questions and doubts about this program you should call in and demand they give you an overview of the program too. It showed me more stuff than I would have found on my own. I am very pleased with the program now and the first trip we checked to see if it was available was a condo in Key West for Fantasy Fest, and its available! We are looking at going for Halloween, it should be a very memorable experience (or so we hear).

I wont speak on behalf of anyone else but we are attracted to their short term travel for $300 a week. We hope it will be no time until we save our money and we also get to share the benefits with the kids which makes the savings add up faster. I’m very pleased with our program now that we understand how to actually use it and how to make it work best. In my opinion, me and my husband worked hard our whole lives and we bought the Leasure Group program to take the nice trips now for the lowest prices we can find while our health permits. Heres to happy travels!

Peggy & Ron Andersen – Port Charlotte, FL

18th of Apr, 2010

The comments left that claim the negative statements are “rogue” or a competitor is laughable. The claims that this group can save you money are a rip off. Any kind of salesman that says it is only good for today is a big hint that it is a rip off. Take that $4000.00 to $10, 000.00 dollars and invest it or use it for your vacation.
    Since the airlines stopped paying travel agents a commission on their bookings about twenty years ago, all agencies have been trying to find a way to make extra revenue. This group has turned to the old secret buyers club for a special discount.
    When you think about taking your next trip try this instead. First look for the deal on line or call the cruise line, Tour Company, or hotel direct and see what packages they offer. Second go to a local travel agency to see if they can beat that deal and if so what they will charge you to book your vacation. Then last try Leisure group. You will probably be shocked at how little if anything you would save using them.
    If you still have doubts call Clark Howard and get his opinion. Since he is the consumer warrior and owned his own string of travel agencies, he can tell you the same thing about this rip-off. Good luck in your travels and enjoy your money don’t waste it on these people.

• H2
      18th of Aug, 2010

I was asked by the manager over at The Leisure Group to relay my experiences here on this forum. I just bought with their company here in Clearwater at one of their sales seminars. I thought it was a really good presentation and fitted our needs and most importantly it looked like it could save our entire family a lot of money over the years. I was very impressed with the whole operation, however, any time you go to some presentation - theres always that voice in the back of your head questioning did I just get suckered into something I'm gonna regret?
    As soon as I got home (Saturday night) I hopped on the computer and found a few good comments but also these a few really bad complaints. I know they service a few hundred thousand customers but it still made me very, very uneasy.
    It seems that the main problem is that I couldnt log in to the website for a week to verify what I bought. I called the next morning and spoke with a sales manager and asked to have a temporary password to access their site. He gladly obliged and just asked that I wait until Monday morning so he could have the IT department create a temp account. On Monday morning, he called me back at 10:00am, gave me an hour long walk through of the entire site and I couldnt be happier with our decision and his professionalism(taking his time with me over the phone). IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS, JUST BE UPFRONT WITH THEM AND ASK FOR ACCESS TO THE SITE. Definitely let them walk you through the site too, its a pretty hectic web page and I couldnt have found all the deals he showed me on my own. The deals are exactly as the said and we already booked a short notice trip to Fort Myers for Labor day weekend.
    Excited to travel with the Leisure Group!

• Im
      15th of Sep, 2010

Did anyone go to the seminar and NOT purchase anything and still get the free trips?

• Im
      15th of Sep, 2010

Has anyone gone to one of these seminars and NOT purchased a package and still got their trips?

• Fr
      16th of Sep, 2010

My friends purchased the "Leisure Group" program - which they already commented on above. She alerted me to your question and wondered how my gifts turned out. My friends are one of the happy ones, however, we decided we could not afford the program at the time and did NOT purchase
    I can verify that the "gifts" we got were the same as the ones my friends got even though she purchased.
    Both of us chose the cruise for the 'freebie' but I didnt get my first dates confirmed like they did. I had to submit three different dates and they accepted my third choice of dates that I gave them. I want to believe the reason why Tracy got her first choice is because she bought their program.
    Hope this adds some clarity - and no matter what - it was a pretty fun time we had and a good way to kill a couple of hours on a Saturday.
    Hope your experience is the same or better.

• Bh
      4th of Oct, 2010

I would like to post a comment regarding the customer service I have received from Scott Morse at Leisure Group Travel. I went to a presentation this past weekend and agreed to purchase the software they were offering. After getting home and reviewing this site as well as the Better Business Bureau site, I suddenly had cold feet. I panicked and knew I had been swindled by yet another sweet talking salesperson. I placed a call on Sunday, got the answering service and requested to speak to Scott immediately. He, of course, was not in the office on Sunday but the service assured me he would get the message. Scott called me back in a matter of minutes and immediately began to alleviate my anxiety. He told me he understood my worries and would be happy to set up a phone conference time to go over every step of the software at a time of my choosing on Monday. Scott called at 4:00pm on the dot and went over every detail I needed to know and even answered all of my highly personal questions about his business and business practices. He did not make me feel rushed nor did he sound like he was reading from a script. Scott stayed on the phone with my husband and me for almost an hour until we were completely comfortable with all he had explained. He has devoted his life to making Leisure Group a top notch company and he will personally back it up. I am not an easy person to impress and I am thoroughly happy with his customer service and his devotion to the product he is selling. I would highly recommend any person with any type of problem regarding The Leisure Group contact Scott Morse and he will fix it for you.

Beth Hooper, Florida

• De
      23rd of Oct, 2010

We went to the presentation, and promises were made that the type of travel we wanted would be available. Unfortunately we were unable to confirm at the seminar because the computer access was not available. We signed up for this service and were given a password to check availablity once we were home. There was NOTHING we wanted in the way of vacation rentals where and when we planned to travel as we were GUARANTEED. When we requested refund of ALL or our money, as they could not live up to their promises, they got nasty, and said the administrative fee, an EXORBITANT $274 was theirs to keep - that included running our charge card, and the printed info that was RETURNED. I feel so ripped off and am embarassed to have been taken in by this group.

• La
      17th of May, 2011

we purchased a membership in the Leisure Group Feb. 2010 in Punta Gorda Fl. and Were given 2 airfare certificates for $1000 each which were to be sent in after our flight. I mailed them in after our flight per their representative and they did not honor them they claimed they didn't receive them and that now they were expired. Don't even think you can talk to a representative or salesman or anyone in management they pass the buck to the people they buy their certifiocates from Spirit, who could care less. They have vertually no customer service. The Leisure Group is pretty much a scam with smooth talking sales people and good advertising, but a product is only as good as the customer service behind it and their product is worthless!!! I am not a happy traveler and I urge anyone who is thinking of purchasing a membership, don't, run as fast as you can away from them. I urge anyone who has a complaint about them not to stop here but to use every opportunity to inform the public about this so called travel club.

• Sr
      18th of Nov, 2014

Did anybody got membership fee refunded? I've been trying but they are just outright refusing. I bought the membership in September 2014 and immediately after 3-5 days I requested the refund. I never got any login/pwd to access their website. I never got to use any of their service and yet they don't refund my down payment of $1800. What are my options if anyone can guide.

• Da
      1st of Mar, 2015

As all the others have reported, we too were lured by "Two Free Airline Tickets Anywhere". Unfortunately, we were stupid enough to think the SaveOnResorts.com club might be a good idea and, not having time to fully explore it, went ahead and bought thinking we could cancel if we needed to (like, after reading these complaints, for example).

I read the contract immediately after getting home, and saw that it required cancellation to be done by CERTIFIED MAIL within 3 CALENDAR DAYS. Since we bought on a Thursday, we would have to cancel by Friday or lose our chance ... so we did. I then checked Florida law and determined that we should have been given 3 BUSINESS days and that it would not have to be in writing.

I also checked the fine print on the Airline Tickets and found that they are not "free" - the gift people want $150 "reservation fee" up front. Further, as others have said, you cannot use them to schedule a trip on a specific day (or weekend) since you have to give them 3 dates which are at least 30 days apart and they can choose whichever is most inconvenient. Oh yeah, also blacked out from Nov 20 through Jan 5.

If you go to one of these presentations "just for fun" make sure you absolutely under no circumstances actually buy anything.

• Sr
      3rd of Mar, 2015

Leisure Group company is a big TRAP

25th of Jun, 2015

We just attended their seminar last night and took a friend with us. I have never been treated so disrespectfully by a "business professional" as I was by the owner of this group. We listened to their sales pitch and decided we would not benefit from the program as our travel time
    Is limited right now due to career constraints. He became almost hostile and after explaining our situation to him he said, "let's just be honest, you don't have the money to do this". Well sir at the time I was sitting in front of you I had 2 credit cards with zero balance and
    $15, 000 limits. We have 2 regular checking accounts and a savings account that all had the money in to cover the fee. In addition we have a money market checking account an Ira and a good chunk of change that Edward Jones handles for us! So, had I intended to do business with you in the future- you killed the possibility
    I would also like to say that while the presenter was showing us some vacation options my friend asked about Italy. In EVERY comparison he made with Travelocity, Travelocity was cheaper. He stated "we will match to 110%. So, why would I pay thousands of dollars for something I can get cheaper anyway?

• We
      12th of Aug, 2015

I thought the state had fined them and put these shlees-bags out of business years ago. Don't walk away ...run away as fast as you can! Do your homework so you don't give your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ away.

• Sb
      16th of Aug, 2015

Does anyone know of a class action suit against this company. We purchased it years ago because it had great specials. They no longer have anything worthwhile and I want out!