The Laundry Lodge / Appalling Service

The Laundry Lodge
I first sent my dress, together with a blouse, to the Laundry Lodge collection point at Raffles Xchange on 3 November, and paid a total of $13.90 to have them dry-cleaned. When I went to collect them on 11 November, I noticed that the printed design on my dress was cracked and curled up, and the sleeve on my silk blouse felt rough to the touch. The shop assistant insisted that this was because the material of my clothes was "lousy". I have three identical blouses which I have sent to Presto for dry-cleaning on previous occasions, and I have never had them returned in such a condition, let alone being told that the material was "lousy"!

As I suspected the chemicals used in the cleaning process was too harsh, I refused to accept the dress in that condition, and the shop assistant said she would return it to the factory to "re-do". This was on 11 November, but as I was very busy with work during this period, I did not have time to collect the dress on 19 November, as indicated on the invoice. On 29 December, I went to Raffles Xchange and enquired about my dress, but the shop assistant could not locate my dress and was unable to contact the factory to find out. I was disappointed, but as I was leaving for an overseas trip, I told the shop assistant to check and that I would return in mid-January 2009.

When I went to the shop this afternoon, there was a replay of what happened on 29 December. The shop assistant was still unable to find my dress, and was calling someone on her mobile. I was asked to contact the supervisor, Mr Vincent Tan, on his mobile directly as "it was not (her) responsibility, " the shop assistant told me. I find this completely unacceptable, not to mention unprofessional. As I expected, no-one answered the number, despite numerous calls.

The laundry industry in Singapore insists on upfront payment, but provides very few forms of redress in situations where service was non-existent or highly dissatisfactory. It seems to me that The Laundry Lodge not only does not need my business, despite these poor economic times, it does not need to respond to customer complaints at all!

More The Laundry Lodge Complaints & Reviews

Plus The Laundry Lodge - Utterly Atrocious Service [1]

A  27th of Jan, 2009 by
Hi Mavis,

I thought I was the only one...I have been chasing them since 3 Jan 09 about a silk blouse which they ruined for me - same problem as yours - it became very rough after the washing and even had a hole. Mine was done at White Sands. It was very upsetting because the lady at the shop could do nothing at all and kept referring me the the website and the manager, this guy called Leo - from what you wrote, looks like it is the same!!!

My blouse was supposedly sent back for their examination but to date, NO ONE from the headoffice had even bothered to call me to acknowledge that they are looking into the matter - I have been the one chasing all the time. I never had such problems when I sent to PRESTO! To make matters worse, it was the first wash and this blouse was my favourite!!!

I am definitely goin to make them compensate me for the full cost of the blouse as this was specially made in Thailand but I really do not know how long it is going to take! This is my last time - for sure!
N  23rd of May, 2009 by
Hi Mavis & ycgh,

I also have similar experience with this company. I sent my curtain for washing at Simei branch and guess what - "They lost it". After much alot of problem, I manage to get the phone number of the manager (Kym). First they refused to reply email until you threaten to send the matter to court and newspaper. Finally reached an agreement for the compensation amount but they refused to pay after you provided them all the information and numerous phone and email reminder.

I am left with no choice now but escalate this matter to the sub court (small claim) which I am going to do so next week. I am really keen to meet the people in the company and really want to understand what is going on their mind. Honoring one words especially in running business is the most fundamentals integrity one company should have.

Drop me a mail "jamesw3007@yahoo.com.sg" and I hope I will be able to help if you are still struggling with them.
N  10th of Jul, 2009 by
Hi Marvis, Ycgh and James,

Me, too, is experiencing the extremely poor service from Laundry Lodge!!! I sent my unifrom for laundry on 22/5/09 at the Simei MRT station and have been trying to collect them but it seems to be always closed.

I called uncountable times to the number on the receipt 61000043 and 61002278 and what kind of answer I have got from MR. VINCENT are below:
1. the auntie that take care of the branch was not feeling well, that's why the shop was closed that day. Please try to go back another day.
2. Let me check with the auntie and I will call you back (totally didnt return call after hang up)
3. I will get someone to deliver to you.
4. I will ask the delivery guy to contact you
5. The delivery guy will call you tomorrow

And finally, I hit my bottom line of my patient limit and I start to raise my voice when he told me "oh, the Simei Branch has already moved to Eunos". I told him that I do not want to reach the point that I have to go to his HQ to ask for my laundry and shout directly to his boss' face. He told me, " well, you could do that if you want." and that's it for me to talk to him and I dont see any points that I can talk him anymore...

I am thinking to take legal action but I am not sure how to go about it as I am still pretty new in Singapore. Please do guide me if you have such experience and let's pread the words to your friens to prevent them to become victims like us and it is really frustrated that when you have problem and do not know who to speak to...
N  20th of Jul, 2009 by
Hi Ronna,

You would drop me an email at jamesw3007@yahoo.com.sg and I could guide you along. The legal action is actually known as the "small claim tribunal" under subordinate court of singapore. There is some documents which you need to prepare. But being new, it would take a while without guidance. Just drop me an email.
N  3rd of Aug, 2009 by
A  25th of Aug, 2009 by
Hi Mavis, ycgh, James, Ronan,

Me too experiencing their bad customer service. They destroyed my new curtain and cover the hole with white correction pen!! It's the first time for my new curtain to be washed. It's a tyoe of sunblock. I've called many times and emailed many times as well. Their so called supervisor said that the lady boss will call me back but i was ignored, totally. No response and reply from email and call. What an irresposible company! Very disappointed!
N  23rd of Aug, 2012 by
Hi, today (23Aug 2012) is my bad day! because I personally experienced the same frustration and distressed you had been. I sent my original classic burberry leather bag for clean up at FabricPro, and asked to make full payment on the same day. First they missed the collection date (was 18aug but delayed), the bag only arrived on 22aug. To my horror, the end finished of the outer material seemed to be stained with oil and the PATCH stain is all over the bag. There was no alert from the team, and they behave nothing went wrong. I left without collecting my bag, not knowing what to do next.
A  30th of Jul, 2013 by
Hi, I am experiencing the same problem with PRESTO dry-cleaning. I dropped off a blouse at their Paragon outlet and when I wanted to pick it up, they told me that they tried contacting me because "apparently" my blouse had oxidised when they tried to dry-clean it. My green blouse turned yellow on its own... for NO apparent reason. I really think that they lied to me! The employee at Paragon told me that she was going to ask her manager on how to solve this matter. I waited for more than a week, but there was still no phone call. I called the store again, and they reassure me that they would get back to me. I even asked for the manager's (Madeline) number and everything I called to their office, a receptionist would pick up the phone and told me that Madeline is not in her office. I called 3-5 times and she IS NEVER in the office. Then I asked to talk to the operation manager (Mr. Chan), and they gave me the presto email address. I emailed Mr. Chan and still no reply. I am really DISSAPOINTED at PRESTO dry-cleaners for their lack of cutomer respond and how unprofessional they are. I won't recommend or ever dry-clean again at PRESTO!
N  1st of Nov, 2014 by
The loundry lodge did not return one of my punjabi suit n jeans.
I have been trying to locate them thru phone but could not get hold of anyone. I wonder my clothes would get return? Disappointed with their service:(