The Kroger Co. / check accept problems!

United States Review updated:
I went to Kroger Store in my community and for the second time my check was denied. I check with my bank to what was wrong with my checking account and was told I had more than enough to cash a check for my purchase.

Last night I needed to buy food for my sick son and again my check was denied. The register stated Invalid check. After much discussion with the manager it was told to me my checks had the check number in the beginning of my checks instead of the end where the routing number and account number is. I have written thousands of checks to many companies and never had this problem. I ask them to see if any check may have been returned that I didn't know about and they said no checks had been returned. This is the second time this happened to me and it is most embarrassing. I had a basket full of groceries and left it right there for them to put back.

A  5th of Mar, 2007 by
The people at that Kroger must have been idiots. I was a front end manager at kroger and when the invalid check type pops up the supervisor is support to verify its a real check then override it.

Kroger Logo Kroger