The Jewelry Exchange / Bad customer service, questionable diamond stone that was purchased

Villa Park, IL, United States Review updated:

My husband upgraded our engagement ring. Went there and picked a stone. The diamond stone was beautiful. Inspected it more than I could imagine. I didn't see any chipped and visible inclusions. So, we purchased it and left it there and decided to pick it up the following day at 4pm. Next day at 4pm. It wasn't ready yet and my husband was upset that they didn't even started it yet. They said it'll be ready in 20mins. My husband gave me the ring when we got home. I am positive that it wasn't the stone I picked. The chipped and inclusions was visible if u will inspect it closely!!! Went back and spoke with the manager. No apologies were made and offered me a smaller diamond that she said within my price range or I can take another stone which has the same inclusions!!! They didn't show any more diamonds o could pick from. She said, they don't have too many to choose from. But when we were shopping two days ago, the staff has been showing us more than a couple of diamonds!!! I was arguing with the manager. And said that I am positive that the diamond wasn't the same and I'm not paying for a diamond I didn't picked in the first place!!! She was very mean and nasty. The most evil person I've ever met!!! She said I could come back before Christmas and look for another diamond!! The quality of service was horrible!!! She said she had no business with us anymore and ask us to get out of the store! Stay away from this store... It's a complete rip off. do not leave ur purchase there and ask them to set it. Bring it somewhere else! Do not spend 2k and trust them that you'll get what u picked!!!

Ay

Comments

•   Oct 30, 2011

For future reference, I strongly suggest to anyone who may read your post then read my comment here "NEVER LEAVE YOUR CENTER STONE WITH ANY JEWELER WHEN YOU'RE HAVING YOUR RING SIZED OR ANYTHING ELSE" always ask that your center stone be removed in front of you, then given to you before any work begins on your ring.

When you come back to the jewelry store, they can reset your center stone back into your ring in front of you while you wait, and if they cannot "DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY NOR LEAVE YOUR RINGS AT THEIR JEWELRY STORE."

Make sure you ask the jeweler "CAN HE OR SHE REMOVE YOUR CENTER STONE FROM YOUR RING IN FRONT OF YOU, AND GIVE IT TO YOU, THEN RESET IT FOR YOU WHEN YOU RETURN TO PICK UP YOUR RING, AND IF THEY CANNOT I SUGGEST YOU FIND A JEWELER WHO WILL."

• Ge
      Mar 02, 2012

It sounds to me like you did not spend enough time looking at your diamond before you bought it. All diamonds have inclusions and sometimes they can be hard to see. Setting the diamond will, on occasion, allow you to see them better. If you were screaming and yelling at me, I cant say I wouldn't be rude back to you. Treat others how you want to be treated, don't be a ### to them and expect them to kiss your ### back. Common sense!