The Jewelry Exchange / Rip off

1 8000 E. Belleview Ave.Greenwood Village, CO, United States Review updated:

My husband went shopping for the first piece of real jewelry besides my wedding ring that he had ever bought me. He picked out a beautiful blue saphire baguette ring, accented with smaller diamonds and spent about $350.00. One of the saphires was loose, and the ring needed to be sized, so my husband had them send it it out to be fixed. After they had the ring for about two weeks I called to find out how much longer it would be, the man looked into it and called me back only to tell me that it was nowhere to be found!!! I threw a fit, and I was promised that it would be okay, so being nieve, I trusted them. After about another three weeks, and numerous phone calls, they had finally gotten my ring back into the store and it looked HORRIBLE!! Not to mention, there was another $40.00 charge to have it sized that they "forgot" to mention. The new stone does not even fit, and the sodering job on the back looked like a five year old did it. It was like they could have cared less. I RARELY get to wear the ring as I am afraid one of the stones will fall out and the only reason I ever wear it is so my husband does not feel bad. BUYER BEWARE. The reason why I waited this long to post is that I was newly pregnant, had just moved, and had enough to deal with.

Br

Comments

• Yu
      11th of Dec, 2008

4th of Apr, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler and i'm a ONLINE JEWELER IN ATLANTA, i read your complaint here and i must say that i'm so sorry to read you even had to face this type of customer service from the BOGUS JEWELRY STORE. Let me inform you of this fact for future reference, most of the jewelry store you visit DO NOT set their own diamonds, nor size their own rings. They outsource the MAJORITY of their work to other jewelers who have jewelry repairers on their premises.

In my own business i have my own jewelry repairer who's also a "CERTIFIED" WATCH REPAIRER as well. I will never appreciate the LACK OF RESPECT some of these jewelry store have for their customers as well as their POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS.

Let me ask that you FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST THIS JEWELRY STORE WITH THE "JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEE FOR CONSUMERS." I have posted the web address and contact phone number below for you to use.

WEBSITE FOR THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEE:

THE CONTACT PHONE NUMBER FOR THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEE:

You may reach JVC via: HOURS 9AM - 5PM MON - FRI
    Telephone: (212) 997-2002
    Fax: (212) 997-9148

Should you have any questions for me feel free to contact me here or at my other contacts below:

Email: jamesthejeweler@yahoo.com

Phone: 404-447-5459

My Online Jewelry Blog: http://jamesisajeweler.blogspot.com

• To
      16th of Oct, 2009

BUYER BEWARE for sure !!! I was sold a ring which I was told "no problem" to size it down...well...it became problem after problem. It was never done correctly and I was told that my finger must be the problem with too much fluctuating size. In reality, the ring was an " invisible" setting which could never be sized up or down without ruining the integrity of the ring. And ruin it they did !!! Their "so called" master craftsman made a train wreck of a $5, 000 setting. A side diamond fell out, the prongs were nicked and basically with the "globs" of soder material this ring looked like it was a 100 years old and had been in an earthquake !!! AND with the NO REFUNDS whatsoever policy we were stuck !!! This place sells "junk" and the hype of the salespeople do not in any way back up the workmanship which was the poorest I have ever seen. The Jewelry Exchange took all the joy out of a special occasion and became the source of many tears and headaches. You get what you pay for and this business is not trustworthy in the least !!! BUYER BEWARE should always precede their advertising...that would be the most honest thing this business could do !!!

• Se
      28th of Nov, 2011

This is THE WORST PLACE to buy jewelry. They RIPPOFF people, because they sell JUNK they have NO RETURN policy, otherwise all their sale would be return after comparing with others stores.

• Da
      15th of Apr, 2013

I definitely don't agree with "James the Jeweler' trying to further his business by leeching on these complaints... reminds me of a personal injury lawyer tailing an ambulance

• Sh
      23rd of Nov, 2014

I asked for a loose diamond to be reset, the arrogant guy with a New York accent was so condesending and terribly rude. He said we don't take apps and SALES are first! What an ###! I have a 35k ring and they just lost potential business!

• Si
      24th of Feb, 2015

It's amazing to me when you look at their web site it only shows the positive reviews...seems just like the shady stuff they sell and won't back it. My wedding ring was in their store 2 times in 2 months right after I bought it with no calls back until I pressured them to call me back (the manager was rude and short and never called back). Then when they informed me it can not be fixed finally and they had no other setting I was interested in, I called the Corporate office and it was the worst experience I have ever had with customer service. Marie at Corporate could care less about the quality of work that they are selling and certainly did not want to back the product with a full refund. She was a horribly hateful person and had no intention of giving me all my $ since that would mean they were out the $ on the diamond I bought for the setting which I did not need now that the setting is not repairable. They did refund the $ for the setting (of course that is the part they will collect their $ back) but would not refund the diamond (the $ Jewelry Exchange would be out). Now I have a $1, 000.00 dollar diamond that I don't need or want and not enough $ to get another ring. Very disappointed with the way this was handled. They could resell the diamond if they cared at all for their customers. Marie should not have a job in customer service or anything to do with people. She had me so upset after the conversation, I cried the rest of the evening. I am telling everyone I know and saving others from being ripped off from this corporation that will not do the right thing.

• Va
      4th of Jan, 2017

@Simply Disgusted This horrible! My daughter is in the middle of this sizing issue with a bridge and it was so cheap & horrible and now I fear her beautiful setting bought from them with my 3 carat diamond I gave her fiancée to use in the setting he bought, will be ruined and she will be stuck with an ugly ring & no refunds. I just never thought a place with so many locations would be a problem.