The International Award Payment Center / Unsolicit scam and fraud

1 Review updated:

This is another of the scams that is sent via the United States Mail which is 1 (one) unsolicited and one that if it was legitimate would not require any payment to play.
I for one would like to have the ability to require the solicitor to have to pay for my time to read trash like this.

Comments

Feb 15, 2009

16/02/2009
    Sydney
    Australia

I received two letters today, from the International Award Payment Centre in Kansas City, USA advising I would be awarded prize moneies of $15, 000 and $17, 400 respectively. In order to claim each of these prizes I needed to send a fee of Aud $20 with a completed 1080 form, and to answer a procedural question. I have no idea how this company got my address and I am not about to send them any money at all for some competition (Blue Series VII?) I have never heard of or entered. In fact, I would like to see this company prosecuted for fraud.
    CLare Hamel

• St
      Jul 14, 2009

I think, that some people are very quick to declare anything a scam. In as far as anybody has actually tried it and positvely won money, then I wouldlike to know -just receved my letter today.

I have before heard about projects which were at once declared "Scam" in the usual scam-declarer-fora by the usual mroe or less anonymous scam-declarer -but in the same fora there were sometimes a few more silent voices declaring that they had actually tried the said project (some near free trip to Turkey) and actually enjoyed it with all its promotion activities in combination with nice trips to this and this exotic village etc etc, from the start knowing that it would of cours cost something, because it was clearly marked in the information material. Maybe these silent voices were paid to write so -or they were written by the rpoject owners -but it is also possible that they were written by real users. And still all the very sure scam-declarer were crying Scam all over.

That is, I think this comes a bit too quick some times.

What if this Peyment Center game -for this is what it is- is for real and you can actually win this and that, then it is no scam, but simply some game which -like so many others- costs money to participate in and with some slight chanceto actually win some interesting amount?

Therefore again, has anybody actually some concrete indicators or proof that it is a scam?

Or the other way round, has anybody some positive experience with this game?

I am simply curious -and react against these very sure scam-declarers who aparently without any proof or anything at once cry "scam"!!!

There are actually games out there where you can actually win something -but of couyrse the chance is normally very low, so it is not necessarily very attractive -but it may not be scam for just bein a game and as such not a very attractive way to spend you time and money.

So FYI, for now I am not gioing to do it, but I am curious about answers to my concrete questions above

Steffen Holst, Germany

• Li
      Jul 18, 2009

Hello, I have got the letter the same as all of you here and I can not say I just believed it, but I wonder how could they get my address to send me such a trash. I hope they will get what they deserved.
    Lilia Galkina, Germany

• Kk
      Aug 19, 2009

Only time will tell what comes for us from responding to our notice.
    Over the last 3 weeks we have recieved 11 different notices from various different payment notices with a variety of amount ranging from $100 - $ [protected].

I threw out so many before my husband saw them, however I missed one and before I knew it he had answered the question, put his Credit card detail in and returned our information.

This all occured yesterday, so like I said only time will tell and I'll keep you all posted.
    All I can do is trust in the universe and what will be will be.

ANGEL BLESSINGS
    Townsville Australia

• Ba
      Oct 17, 2009

i got today 17/10/09

a letter from international award payment center saying $ 15000 . they want to send money, let them deduct and send the rest It is another type of NIGERIAN FRAUD FROM USA

baby joseph India

• Ka
      Nov 16, 2009

Elderly Australian lady kept getting these mailings, paying them and never hearing from them again and not receiving any money, till her family put a stop to it. I would like to know how they got my name and address, I know that I have not bought any tickets from overseas in anything.

I think it is disgusting that someone would pray on people this way after all we are all doing it tough at this time. I agree with baby joseph India if I have won the money they can deduct the $20 from my winnings and forward the rest.

Kay
    Woolgoolga

• La
      Dec 01, 2009

I have also just received such a letter, requesting payment of a discounted $25.00 fee in order to be eligible to receive $15, 000.00 in a so-called contest. There was also an imitation cheque attached. It all looks so professional. How do they have access to addresses (particularly when I live in Australia)? I certainly will not comply with the contents of the correspondence, as I smelt scam immediately. However, what a waste of paper and people's time. How is it that legislation cannot prohibit such scams, particularly in such a progressive country as America?

• Me
      Dec 10, 2009

All I can say is..thank God for "GOOGLE".. to check out this so called ferm/scam..I too received in this morning's mail exactly what Laura and others received. I knew it was bogus and wanted to conferm.it I would also like to know how they got my name and address from Australia.
    According to my letter (amongst oter ) a J.Burrell from UK was paid $23, 00 and so on I did note that my name along with 3 other Australia (the other 2 blacked out) are " waiting entry" yeah right! Not only does one pay a fee $25. reduced from $30..that was big of them, but also one had to pay postage to a self address envelope.
    I have every intention to doing some digging and find out more.

meltanmack

• Ac
      Feb 14, 2010

hi i m from Australia, i received the same letter today, n i know this is nothing than scam. so i put the name in the goggle and see its really a scam, , , i don't know how they get our address, ,

Mar 13, 2010

Hi, I agree I too received the same notice as the rest of you, along with with my name are several other names here in Ontario Canada, and one in the province of Alberta 3 of which have been paid and the rest of us are "pending". 2 which have been blacked out as well as the same story as the rest of you are saying has happened to you as well. It's very sad and I would like to know how they got my home mailing address and how they figure that I would jump at a chance to send them $20 CAD( down from the standard$95CAD which has been crossed out), and fill out a 1080 form, the signature is that of a A.T. Lee, Program Co Ordinator. I will be sending my letter off, to the proper authorities in order to save someone who might actually believe that they would recieve the funds as promised! I hope they are tracked down and punished for running such scams!

M J
    Ontario Canada

Apr 18, 2010

Yeah I agree with you all. I recieved a letter several days ago stating BLUE SERIES VIII & offering me winnings of $15, 000 in return for certain details & $25 deposit...What a load of crap!!!..there's no such address as the so called IPAC & suite no# does not exist. I have reserched trough several different web maps & I get the same consistant result..nada!!. Beside's don't you think it's wierd that a Website wasn't provided? considering it's meant to be an International Organisation. That in it'self states the obvious.

So for all the vulnerable & innocent please be aware of what you recieve via email or postage, especially if you've never heard of them before. Take the time to look into researching their background before making a decision...It's better to be safe than sorry!!

Regards
    Kiwi Girl

• Ed
      May 04, 2010

I think these people should be held accountable. The fact that the economies are in such bad shape around the world makes it even more unconscionable because everyone could use the extra bucks.

You figure that you pay $25.00 times that by l million people worldwide and it becomes in American dollars 2 million 5 hundred dollars. Don't mean to be flip, however, that is a lot of money in anybodies currency.

Have a nice day.

EMT
    USA

• Ed
      May 04, 2010

OOPS! made a mistake $25.00 x 1 million people is 2 million 5 hundred thousand dollars.

So sorry.

EMT
    USA

• En
      May 11, 2010

hi, im from australia and i have been receiving the same letters for the past few months, its weird because i dont know how they got my address and i have never heard of it before. Also stating that i am a winner and have a sole claim to the prize money just by following 3 easy steps..
    First day i was so tempted in paying $25 fee and hoping to have in return the $15000 that was to be awarded to me if i give the correct answer... all the same letters saying im a winner, my husband suggested not to go ahead with it ( also an advice from his boss its a fraud)..how can these people do this?!!!
    Its funny how they write there letters to get peoples attention..I wonder could it be just someone printing out false statements off some fraud whatever..could this person be just a computer genius who knows what hes doing, or an idiot at home fooling us around??????
    Just to let yous know dont fall for anything that you've never heard off.
    Thanks cheers, enz

• Ok
      May 27, 2010

Can't anyone shut down scams like INTERNATIONAL AWARD PAYMENT CENTER? It looks as though they have access to names and addresses from around the world. This is scary. The economy must be starting to hurt these [censor] because they only wanted $12.00 from me, then discounted that down to $9.00. I hope they are able to feed themselves with the bad economy (he said with tongue in cheek).

• Te
      Jun 03, 2010

You obviously have a computer...Google it! It is definately a scam. I can't believe that there are comments suggesting that it might be legit. I guess that is why these thing persist...because there are enough gullible people ot there.

• Ro
      Aug 21, 2010

I found a way to stop it.You can go to peoplefinder.com or like sites and usually find a phone # or even look up the name signed to the letter and get their home or cell #s and call them on Sat or Sun and mess with them.The internet makes it possible for us to mess back. Robert M. Tenn.

• Ei
      Sep 01, 2010

I just received a letter; along with another form to send $20 CAD to the "return address" in Kansas, today. I thought it was TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! I'm glad I decided to check out the website...this complaints one was the top selection on the page, so you must know it's a scam! As far as I recall, READER'S DIGEST contests DO NOT require a "deposit, " so to speak. Looks like I'll be filing this under "G" for GARBAGE! Here, in Canada, the government has just passed a law to crack down on FRAUD...not sure how this applies, though, since the "company" is American.

Eispy

• Di
      Oct 19, 2010

I just received my letter today as well. I have been promised R115000 only if i pay R150 ahead. Don't know what to do though because it looks real and all of you people say it's a scam but you have no proof at all!!! you can't say it's a scam because you haven't got your prize or your whatever yet because the letter says that you will only know if you won a prize if they tell you by November 15 2011 and you will only get your money prize if you do win on February 13 2012. I think you people should take a chance i mean even if it is a scam you are only losing $25. Big wow!!! If you think differently and maybe want to talk to someone who is also in the same situation as you then email me on [protected]@hotmail.co.uk.

Fell free to say anything you want to me, express your opinion but i still want proof of this being a scam

• Ve
      Feb 17, 2011

Hi, has anyone WON something yet!!! I did not think so!!!

• Ge
      Mar 16, 2011

I think the USA goverment should demand that these crazy mailings stop!! It is a waste of money for postage it's a crime to think so much money is spent on mailing this trash when it could be used to feed the poor.
    It a dam scam and it should be stoped, it is steeling from the public. We have freedom in the good old USA but to steel is a crime so they say...
    If any of us were to rob from someone and were cought we would be jailed, where is the court system when it comes to this crime?
    Georgia USA

• Wh
      Mar 19, 2011

I too have received a letter - and WOW AUD15, 000 would certainly be extremely useful. But not knowing about this organisation I got onto the internet to investigate. Interesting though, the address had one mistake in it, and I suspect the offending company is one that I have dealt with who sent me mail with the exact address (including mistake) and will lodge a complaint with them. This is just one of many global scams going around - it is definitely worth checking before getting oneself into deep water. (

• Ic
      Apr 17, 2011

Hi,
    I am called Patrick from Ghana.I too normally received such letters from the IAPC stating that some people had been paid their amount except mine which is still pending and i wonder why they keep on doing this to me.Just this year, 2011, i have received the same thing why me not paid but always pending or awaiting entry.Now i have understood or agreed with you people that such a company is fraud and the government in the USA must search for them and prosecute them.
    I think they are keeping on doing it to my countrymen in Ghana, So, Ghanaian watch out for this silly and unknown letters from IAPC.
    patrick osei
    GHANA

• La
      Apr 19, 2011

Hi there
    We are all used to think scam when someone ask for money. What about if the organisation is a Secret Millionaire Organisation wanting to distribute their millions? The $25 fee may be to pay for the mailing and for issuing the cheque.
    I, too, received the same that I will win $15000. All I have to do is send $25 and answer the Procedural Question. I did send the required fee and answered the question. Now, I will wait for their respond. I hope they write again and send me the amount they said I will get to prove that it is not a scam. I hope it is not, with the amount of money they will received from around the world - as EMT said it would be millions or more - they can afford to prove that they are not scams. I shall post their reply, when they reply.
    And don't be surprised how they found out our names and addresses. If you access internet, it is easy to know where you are and who you are. With the technology these days, no one can hide anymore, and you can't hide anything too. The world is an open book now with the use of high technology.
    Lady Katingko

• Gn
      May 14, 2011

My name is Barry from Queensland Australia, I too received this "claim 15, 000 fill in form 1080 ", , it came this week, 1 week after I received a similar form from European lottery guild, , has anyone had dealings with them, , please contact me, as I sent the $20, , , , [protected]@hotmail.com, , , , ,

• Di
      May 16, 2011

hi all
    i m getting the same males as u all get it..i m also surprised how they got the name and address..do they track it from our host site?
    how bulsheet these people are..why they do the things like this..
    do we earn hard money for their bulsheet business?
    lets have a voice for such a scam companies..

Jun 03, 2011

I can't believe I fell for this stupid scam. lol. I actually paid the buggers $25. That's grrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaaat. Well unlike many of you I actually got my hopes up. Luckily they won't fool me twice. When I received the 2nd letter asking for more money I got a little suspicious and so I googled it and here I am...admitting to all of you, just exactly HOW stupid I feel now. Anyway, maybe we should all raise money and send them back a whole heap of "sh**". Hopefully karma will get em back.

• Oz
      Oct 19, 2011

hi im from Australia and i recieved my letter today too, same thing as you all are saying u recieved, promising $15, 000 dollars and blah blah blah, these people design these scams to look real, and sucker people in who are gullible enough to believe it, there are a lot of scammers who will try and send you something that is too good to be true, the first thing to do is look up the name of the place and see if people have reported it a scam and u will generally see that it is, again dont u think its a bit strange that u have to pay money to claim a prize youve already won? second thing - these people i bellieve are amateurs who pretend to be business minded, if u look at the letter u will see that they do not have a contact phone number and in their address it says "suite 300", sounds like a block of units to me, could it be that this is home base for a group of people who has computers and printers and a criminal mind out to rip us off, if they were professional business people they would have covered everything! again i open your eyes to another point, since when do we have to answer a stupid question like that to claim! if u read the rules and conditions on the back u will see that they are even trying to charge a dollar for the winners list, haha, i gotta laugh while doin the math, $25 dollars multiplied by however many suckers send money back and thats easy money for them, they get rich quick then burst the bubble before they get caught, move onto the next scam, we gotta get these rip off mongrels and put a stop to it, does anyone know anyone in Kansas city? ;) i bet if u turned up at that address they would ### their shorts, turn up with your letters and flash it in their face and see if they cough up the money hehe bet they don't ;) this address is the only place they have given to send all monies too, so it has to be the place where they will be to recieve it, so if we can find someone who can check this place and see, then we will all know for sure that this place either does not exist, or is home base to our culprits ;) just a thought to catch em :) the name of the game is chess, not checkers, people ! lets see if A T Lee exists, and the 3 other names on the letter down the bottom are Sylvia Papworth Jenrette, Patrick O'sullivan, and Blaine V Openshaw, remember people, these are the ones who can cash checks, money orders and other non cash payments, because they are all part of the business name " International Award Payment Centre", lets pull our resources and nail these suckers, but im all the way in OZ :) so we need some soldiers a little closer to Kansas City to expose them, their are cluse for us to follow, to find and catch these scammers out, we just gotta use our heads and follow the trails, try it, we just might put a stop to at least one scam, hey, anyways people, thats my input, don't EVER send them money unless u know they are lugitimate, when something sounds too good to be true, usually, its not ;) dont get suckered in :) PEACE Y'ALL ...

• Sh
      Apr 28, 2014

3years later and I just got the same lettered-and the pre-printed envelope has the year 2012- 2 years ago. These people think that they are smarter than everyone . DO NOT BE gullible. A wise man once said " If it seems too good to be true- it probably is.

• Ab
      Sep 03, 2014

PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, MY NAME IS ABDULFETAH ABDULAHIKURTU.
    BEST REGARDS.
    ABDULFETAH

• Nr
      Jul 10, 2015

You all are so silly. My uncle received this letter today and wanted my opinion on it. So I read it completely which most of you didn't, or couldn't comprehend obviously. Then I decided to check what others were saying online. Yes the people running the IAPC are trying make money off people, most of which will be gullible, some of which will be even dumber than people on here calling this a scam, but that doesn't make this a scam. If you had actually read the entire notice you would know that the "fee" is your entry into a contest to have a chance to win the grand prize. This is not like the Nigerian e-mail scam, they do not tell you that you have won anything explicitly, they put your name on the check to get you to visualize yourself winning!They do this to get more people to enter the contest to win $15, 000 or whatever the amount may be. The letter does include the phone number(it is on the back of the first page, [protected]) for their Customer Service. The address is also included 1401 Armour Rd, North Kansas City, MO 64116, it does exist! The contest is answering Questions, obviously the first one will be easy in order to get the most respondents, and will increase in difficulty as you progress in the competition which it clearly states if you actually read the Official Rules! You can also pay more in fees to enter the Bonus Cash Prize section. This is not necessarily a scam as it has been operating for at least 5 years and would be likely stopped by now if it were. They do sell your info to other companies though unless you opt out. When I read the letter I started thinking about starting my own competition, just want to verify its legal. People are asking for people to post if they won LOL!!! This is a complaint board, why the hell would they even check this if they had won?

• Re
      Nov 23, 2015

I am very disappointed that this scam has not been shut down and perpetrator's prosecuted! Someone is not doing their job! To let this continue all theses years is absurd!

•   Apr 01, 2016

address 1401 Armour road PO Box 219620 Kansas city MO [protected] said I won 20, 000.00 had to send 9.00 and 12.00 processing fee signed by Michael washington account number 95825NCHO242-924278