The Hot Rod Mall / Misleading Advertising

1 2549 Sierra WayLaverne, CA, United States Review updated:

They advertise custom seats for cars and trucks. Called and talked to a lady first. she seemed to be very helpfull. Told her what I was interested in and that I would like to stop by and see what they have to see if I could make it work. She said no Problem and said that I would have to call and set up an appointment.

I was in Palm Springs and decided I was close enough to go look at the seats and attaching hardware. So I got the number and address off their web site. The web site says by appointment only. So I called to set up an appointment. This was around 9am. I got a guy that sounded like I just woke him up. I told him what I was interested in and that as per their web site instructions I wanted to make an appointment. I was very specific that I wanted to look at a seat and attaching hardware for my 1979 El Caminio. He said that no appointment was needed if I came on a weekday between 10am and 5PM. So I said no problem I would be there around 10 or 10:30.

When I finally arrived at the place, the guy working there was a total jerk. He ask me what I was doing there and I told him what I wanted. He said they were moving to a new location and that I had come to the wrong place, When I ask him where the new place was he said that it was on their web site. So I asked him then why did I have this address from their web site. I told him there was no other address listed and that is why I was at this location. He got very rude and said that was bull. He also advised me that they do not have any showroom for the car seats, only for their home theater stadium seating line which seems to be their main interest.

Everything about this company seems to be very misleading. You cannot get a straight answer from anyone. I will sit on a paint can in the car before I would buy anything from this company.

Ld

Comments

• Cr
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I completely disagree. First off they DO NOT have a showroom for seating. They are a completely online company that custom makes Car and Truck Seats. We have purchased from them before and sell a quality custom product. If you call their company you can receive this information first hand.