The Hindu / Irregular supply of newspaper

1 India Review updated:

I have recently subscribed "The Hindu" newspaper on a daily basis.The subscription offer stated that the customer would receive 180 issues for 180 days by paying Rs.180 directly from the Hindu office by their agents . Accordingly, we must start receiving the newspaper from April first before six O' clock everyday in the morning as agreed by their agent. But the newspaper was not delivered to us for the first four days . When I contacted the Hindu office, the newspaper delivery started with some hiccups early and at about eight in the morning. Later, vexed by the service, I contacted the office and asked to stop the newspaper and send their concerned person to give our money back depending upon the number of issues given to us . I was promised that their person would surely come in touch with me by Monday ( 28/04/2008) . But no one has contacted us uptil now (Saturday -- 03/05/2008) . The irregular supply of newspaper has been continuing to date. I am very frustrated with the Customer Care of The Hindu newspaper and therefore demand a full refund of my money, i.e, Rs.180.
The book order number is 0404666.

Vi

Comments

• Vi
      16th of May, 2008

I have a similar experience with the Hindu. I subscribed for 180 issues by paying cheque in middle of April and they promised to deliver the newspaper from 1st may by 6 am. They started after three days only after I complained. Then it was irregular and they boy was not delivering at the appointed time and it was at his will and please up to 8am. From 13th May they completely stopped delivery of the paper. When I contacted the Hyderabad Office, the concerned person informed that he will arrange from the next day by early morning 6am. In spite of my contacting this man and others for the last three days no delivery of the newspaper is made. This is very bad advertisement for Hindu newspaper in Hyderabad. I am still waiting for their positive response. Otherwise I will also ask them to refund my money. Incidentally my residence is about half a mile from THE HINDU building near cricket stadium. Hope the management wakesup and addresses this serious issue.

20th of Jul, 2008

Respected sir, i am R.K. Santosh karan grand son of Mr. M. Rajagopal, who is a retired The Hindu Employee, he has been receiving free subscription of the hindu for few years after his retirement, hence at presently we were residing in anna nagar, thirumangalam(c.p.w.d) quartres(no.44/3), for the past 4 days from friday(18.7.08) till today we have not received our daily jounal(the hindu). Hence i kindly request you to solve our query on behalf of Mr.Rajagopal.
    Thanking You.

• Ps
      18th of Aug, 2008

I am your yearly subscriber. Order No. 0709420, I have booked at Visakhapatnam (AP), Centre Point : Visalakshinagar, booked date: 22-4-2008, but DOC: 01-5-2008,

C.R.O is Mr. Kameswar rao his mobile No. 09247582448, Sales Officer is Mr.Ravi Kumar his Mobile No. 09849105222, and Agent is Mr.Ramana his Mobile No. 09490132675. These guice are coming and booked the news paper.

I called and told Mr.Ramana and my house is shifted to another place. He told, you go to The Hindu Office or send email at chennai then your request is accepted. otherwise news paper is come to your old address only. but I don' t no any emil address for chennai office. How i send my request. Please give me any suggestion.

Change of address: My new address is keerthana arcade, groundfloor, plot No. E, Anand Nagar, Carshed Junction, P.M.Palem, Visakhapatnam - 530041.
    My New Mobile No. 9908722239. Telephone No. 0891-3266444.

• Su
      25th of Aug, 2008

Hello,

This is sudheerkumar. I have recently subscribed "The Hindu" newspaper on a daily basis.The subscription offer stated that the customer would receive 180 issues for 180 days by paying Rs.180 directly from the Hindu office by their agents on
    10/08/08. He has intimated me that we are going to get the paper from 16/08/08.

But they started the paper on 17/08/08.It fine ok..

But from that date to till date i.e 26/08/08 they have delivered the paper for only 4 days i.e on 17th, 20th, 21st and 25th.

Your agent has given me a visting card of Ragavan for complaints incase of any issues. I have been trying to contact Mr.Ragavan sales officier (E.C.I.L)-HYDERABAD. But that person just lifting and disconnecting the mobile .Next time when i tried he is not even lifting the phone.He has done like this for several times.I have not seen such a irreponsible person.

I like Hindu paper very much. Even though i am getting paper in my office, i have booked this paper. But your people making me so irritated.

At the time of booking your people promised so many things just like a politician.

It is not the matter of money for me but why your people are so irresposible and irregular like ragavan.

I am not telling you to take action on him but please tell that fellow to take atleast complaint and also please tell him once to lift the phone, not to disconnect with out taking complaint.

I Hope this will be not repeated again. In such case I want to cancel the paper and I want my money back.

Thanks,

A.P

• Lo
      12th of Sep, 2008

Reminder -2

reference to the below mail ... i received the News paper for 03 days ( 9, 10, 11th Sep 08) due to the continueous follow up at my end. but Today news paper was n't delivered to me.
    Request you to intervene and sort out the issue
    Other wise kindly return back the payment -Rs.180/- for which I will be highly obiliged with The HINDU

Pl note that, this greivance shall be taken up to the Editor level.

The following details may be useful for you.

Order No : 0722336
    Date of Order : 17.08.2008
    Order booked by : Mr. Rajesh ( 9247743575 ) - News agent
    Mr. Srinivas ( Delivery agent - 9985685763 )

To: subs@thehindu.co.in
    Cc: rsssvizag@thehindu.co.in
    Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 10:13 AM
    Subject: Fw: Non Delivery of News paper

below appended mail is self explanatory

Kindly intervene and look into the matter.

HSE - Dept
    VSP - BF#3 Project
    VIZAG

Off : +91 0891 2709258 ( extn - 228 )
    To: rsssvizag@thehindu.co.in
    Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 8:54 AM
    Subject: Fw: Non Delivery of News paper

Reminder - 1

today ( 6th Sep 08 ) also I have n't got the news paper.

To: rsssvizag@thehindu.co.in
    Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 9:24 AM
    Subject: Non Delivery of News paper

Dear Sir,

I am Lokesh Nambaru, residing at Swarna Plaza, Srinagar colony - Gajuwaka post. Last month I subscribed your Hindu news paper under special scheme of Re.1/- offered by you for a span of 6 Months. The delivery is scheduled to be from 01st of Sep 08. Still the paper was n't delivered to me.
    Mr. Rajesh ( Mob No. 9247743575 ) is the sales representative who has booked the paper subscription and the payment was made in cash then and there to him.
    I have been following it up with Mr. Rajesh & Mr. Srinivas ( agent - 9985685763 ) for the deliver but no result.

Kindly intervene into the matter and see to me that your paper is delivered.

The following details may be useful for you.

Order No : 0722336

subalakshmi nagar
    43-15-12/6
    gokul nivas
    visakhapatnam
    please tell the worker to give the news paper to new adress

• Sr
      24th of Oct, 2008

I have faced the same problem; I have subscribed for a 1 year delivery of The Hindu news paper on 14th SEPTEMBER 2008 and so far the delivery has not been started.

The receipt number is 0432957 - the name of the sales person is M Ramakrishna. I have paid in cash and it was on my fathers name S P Kumar.

Let me know if there is a number that I could reach Chennai office to lodge this complaint with THE HINDU head office. As I have been repeatedly assured that the newspaper would be delivered from the next day by the Hyderabad office.

• Va
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I subscribe all the above complaints in devout that subscription in advance to HINDU is utter waste and a cheat on the genuine reader/customer/subscriber. I do not know how and why sales department of the paper is sleeping over this issue. Charity begins at home. Concern to issues/problems should begin from the paper. In the absence of this, one can imagine the credentials of the management.

• Sh
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I had a similar experience. It is a mere waste subscribing for such offers.

regards...Shashank

21st of Feb, 2009

I have subscribed "The Hindu" newspaper on a daily basis 13 July 2008 .The subscription offer stated that the customer would receive 180 issues for 180 days by paying Rs.180 directly from the Hindu office by their agents . Accordingly, we must start receiving the newspaper from August first 2008 as agreed by their agent. But the newspaper was not delivered to us till now. When I contacted the Hindu office, they said it will be delivered from August 18 but nothing happened. Later, vexed by the service, I contacted the office and asked to stop the newspaper and send their concerned person to give our money back depending upon the number of issues given to us . I was promised that their person would surely come in touch with me . But no one has contacted us until now (Saturday -- 02/21/2009) . I am very frustrated with the Customer Care of The Hindu newspaper and therefore demand a full refund of my money, i.e, Rs.180/-
    The book order number is 0420461. One of the worst service I have ever seen. Contact no. - 9966409723 . Residing at Shaikpet, Hyderabad

• Kr
      1st of Mar, 2009

Do not go for any offers which we get for less cost mainly from Hindu, which are mostly useless offers. I have subscribed for the 180 days offer by paying Rs180 in which paper was not delivered to me for 14days and later when i renewed my subscription, and paper should be delivered to me from Feb16th and till date March 2nd paper was not delivered to me.
    To all the friends one thing which I want to tell is please don't go for any such offers these people are just cheating us.

• Md
      19th of May, 2009

I have subscribed a hindu newspaper on a yearly basis. But from last two weeks iam not getting newspaper to my home.Iam using hindu news paper from last five years, due to irreguler service iam palanning to change to my self to deccan chronicle. so plzz take this matter as serious and don't miss the customers.

my address:
    md.naziruddin,
    sf-1, sridevi residency, lalitha colony, dabagardens,
    vizag-530020
    mobile no:9985883090.

• Hi
      2nd of Sep, 2009
    India

i wanted to vent my anger from the past many days i have blogged did many things.i observed and observed but i came to the conclusion that in india all religions ironically that includes from the hindus to look upon hinduism as a pagan sect and as a demon cult who takes pleasure in opressing the minorities.I want everyone to know BUDDIES WE R THE OPRESSED LOT...historically we got killed by the muslims persecuted by the british and even now we face the ire of all d so called secularists...i dnt support violence in the name of any religion...but my heart goes out when ever the minorities talk about the hindus asa bunch of murderes and before u people open ur mouth just c how much blood is there on ur hands amigos...

• Nm
      1st of Oct, 2009

Yes, the facts can not be denied.But survival is only for the fittest.

N.M.Rao
    S2 Flat, SRK Nikethan
    Sheelanagar
    VIZAG-12

12th of Nov, 2009

Hello,
    my name is Mahendra Kumar .I.,
    I have subscribed the THE HINDU news paper.
    From the past few days i am not receiving the paper.
    my Subscription no-4037210.
    My Subscription is valid till 31-01-10.
    I am not getting paper from 01-11-09 onwards.

mahendra
    09963211911.

• Mu
      3rd of Jan, 2010

Dear sir,
    I am a resident of motinagar in Hyderabad in A.P. State. I have renewed my subscription amount of Rs. 480 for the next six months starting from 29-09-09. The computer print out vide order no. TH/403383 dated 11/09/2009. I have paid the amount to Mr. R. Krishna whose mobile no. is given as 9293101423 ( no response). The paper boy is not giving the papers from 20-09-09 saying that the subscription has not been renewed. I have shown the receipt also but I was told that the paper distributor in MOTINAGAR is not accepting. I believe that some body in your organization have collected money like this. I do not know what has happened. I request you to look into the matter and do the justice. I didn't expect this will happen with reputed organizations like Hindu also. Pl respond to this mail and do the justice at once. or provide me the local phone number with whom i can talk.
    G. Muralidhara Rao Ref: Reader subscription no. 4003099

dont lie dude..

• Mr
      29th of Jun, 2012

Dear Sir,
    My subscription no. is 755624. As I have moved from my rented house to own house, i would kindly request you to deliver "The Hindu" to my new address. For any clarification by mobile no. is 9989863398
    Previous Address

M, Rama Rao

• Ko
      9th of Apr, 2013

Dear sir,
    my SUBSCRIPTION NO.-0767834, NAME-Kiran Kumari Mendi, my address is changed so please kindly deliver 'THE HINDU' newspaper to my new address.
    PREVOIUS ADDRESS-D.no-2-15-21/1, Beside DRDA office, Ground Floor-G2, MVP Colony, Sector-9, VSKP-530017
    PRESENT ADDRESS-Kiran Kumari Mendi, C/O P.Premalatha, Plot no-28, MIG-1, MVP Colony Sector-2, VSKP-30017

23rd of Sep, 2013
    thehindu.com

Hi,

I have subscribed the HINDU newspaper @333/ for a year on 06/09/2013. I had been told that the newspaper starts by 16 th Sep 2013 and there was a gift bag also which I have not received yet.
    Today is 24/09/2013 the newspaper delivery has not started. The order number is BG75898. The toll free number is not responding. The payment was made by cheque which was cleared on 17/09/2013.
    Can you please look into this and resolve the issue.
    If you are unable to deliver the newspaper, refund my money.