The-heritage-bank.com / Poor service

1 United States

I went to make a purchase with my debit card and was told it was declined. I told the cashier that it had to be a mistake and told her to swipe it again. It was declined. So I gave the cashier some cash I found in my wallet and walked out the store embarrassed. I called the Heritage Bank and was told that there were no fraudulent activity on my account, however they had to shut off my debit card because someone hacked into their MasterCard debit and credit card system and they had to act quickly. I never got a general memo, letter, postcard or email from the Heritage Bank telling me or apologizing about what happened. I did not have anymore checks since I used my debit card for everything and I was told that they would send me some checks in one business day, WRONG!!! I got them in about 3 days. I had no money on me and no checks. The rep there told me the reason they didn't overnight the checks was because it would have cost THEM money. I ordered standard checks from them and it has been over 10 days since I got them. They only sent starter checks they printed when I should have gotten standard checks. Once I got my debit card, I wanted to change the PIN on it and was told that if I did that, then I would have to reorder another card to do that and they would have to shut down the card I just got. Unbelievable! I am going to WAMU or Charles Schawb as soon as I decide which one is better for me. The Heritage Bank is a second chance bank but it does not assist their customers at all.

Ad