The Helman Group / Does Not Stand Behind Product

1 Menomonee Falls, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 262-798-5310

We received The Helman Group Model CFF-930 Chocolate Fondue Fountain as a 2007 Christmas present. First tried to use it July 26, 2008. Motor turned too slowly to adequately lift the liquid, then quit entirely.

Called the Helman Group July 29, 2008. Customer no-service rep admitted motor and/or gears were defective. He informed me the model was no longer made. Also informed me the warranty was 90 days from date of purchase, which although bogus, we understand.

I suggested we would pay the difference for the newer, upgraded unit. In all fairness, he did try to resolve the situation with his superior(s), but no go. Therefore we have a brand new unit that is going in the trash.

Do not purchase anything from the Helman Group, www.helmangroup.com; they do not stand behind their product!

Comments

• Cc
      30th of Jul, 2008

I called the Helman Group in April of 08 to get replacement parts for the CFF-990 choc fountain. The center cylinders (2) pieces were both cracked. My fault I guess. They said they would replace them for a $10 fee. OK. In June I had to call again. On June 12, they charged my credit card. On July 13 I sent an email reminding them of the order. On July 28 I phoned the company and there was no answer. Now I will get my cc company to reverse the charge.
    I will not knowingly purchase another product from the Helman Group.

18th of May, 2009

This unit self destroys if turned off and then turned on after a few minutes, with no warning in the user's manual. To complete the scam, it is not possible to find a replacement for the little plastic gear wich breaks.

I agree: Never buy products from the Helman Group, or return it immediately if you got it as a gift.

12th of Mar, 2010

I have never had anything but a positive experience with this company. I own several of their products. I bought them because I thought they were cute and fun. I've had little minor problems, usually my fault, things like a melted rack for the buns in the hot dog maker and a broken pole for the top of another. Another time I lost the little spigot things that make the punch fountain work. Every single time I have contacted them, they have sent me replacement parts AT NO CHARGE. They didn't even charge me for shipping, and it's always been no questions asked. I also own the chocolate fountain. We've used it several times and it works great. It is important to make sure that the chocolate is sufficiently melted and diluted so that it doesn't begin to harden as it cools. That would certainly mess up the motor.

• Ba
      30th of Nov, 2010

I RECIEVED DELUXE BUFFET SERVICE AS A GIFT FOR STORING SOME JET SKIS, THE PEOPLE GAVE THIS ITEM(DFS-999) TO ME IN THE SPRING, I TRIED TO USE IT THIS SUMMER AND OUT OF THE BOX IT DID NOT WORK. I WAS TOLD THRU NOSTAGLIA THAT THERE WAS A 90 DAY WARRANTY. BUT EVEN THOUGH THE PRO DUCT DID NOT WORK OUT OF THE BOX, NOTHING IN THE PAPERWORK, BOX, MANUAL OR ANYWHERE THAT I COULD FIND EXPLAINNED TIS, SO MY THOUGHTS ARE DO NOT GIVE THIS A S A GIFT FOR WEDDING OR5 GRADUATION BECAUSE THE CO. OR THE REPS. DO NOT REALLY CARE. IF YOU LIKE QUALITY PRODUCTS MY BET IS ON TRAMONTINA THEY BACK THEIRS AND ARE VERY COURTEOUS IN HELPING, THEY CARE!!!~!

PS I HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT TAKE MY CONSIDERATION ON COOKING PRODUCTS VERY SERIOUSLY AND ONE I WILL STRONGLY NOT RECOMMEND IS ANY PRODUCT FROM NOSTAGLIA ELECTRICS

• Ba