The Hartford / auto insurance

Please forward this information to the AARP Board and Administration. The AARP should reconsider its relationship with The Hartford.

I sustained a non-injury accident involving a deer on 6/2. I was authorized a rental vehicle commencing on 6/2 to 6/13. However, the claims examiner, Asfhin Razi, has not authorized continued rental services. The Hartford only pays $20 per day of the $30 per day to rent a vehicle. I pay $10.25 per day out-of-pocket. I asked Mr. Razi to memorialize all communication with me in writing. He refused. Then yesterday did provide me with a letter of settlement via email. I work, am disabled, and homeless. Mr. Razi is aware of all of this information yet act in bad faith when communicating with me.

My auto insurance contract states The Hartford will pay $20 per day, for a maximum of 30-days' or a cap of $600 dollars. However, Montana law disputes this. They allow an injured party to continue having a rental vehicle for the duration of time reasonably necessary to secure a replacement vehicle of equal value. I have disputed this fact with Mr. Razi, provided him with the Montana State Auditor's Memorandum on this topic.

If I do not have a vehicle, I work about 45 minutes or so out of Missoula, I will be forced to involuntarily terminate my employment. That will lead to litigation for bad faith, and violations of willful and recalcitrant attitude
toward claimant.

Mr. Razi threatened to close my file as being uncooperative to asking to have written communication between us, and for his claim that my refusing to call him back constituted my being non-cooperative. That is preposterous!

So today, Mr. Razi turned my file over to his supervisor for review after I filed a demand letter for arbitration.

Mr. Razi should be terminated from his employment...A $20 cap on a rental vehicle is not the fair market value in Missoula. This clown lives in Kentucky, The Hartford has no reps in Montana, and has no clue about the geographic distances required to work/travel to maintain my employment...

Da
Jun 14, 2017

Comments

• Co
      14th of Jun, 2017

"My auto insurance contract states The Hartford will pay $20 per day, for a maximum of 30-days' or a cap of $600 dollars."
    If that is what your contract states then that all they will pay.
    " Montana law disputes this. They allow an injured party to continue having a rental vehicle for the duration of time reasonably necessary to secure a replacement vehicle of equal value"
    There is no such law.