The Grant University / scam

1 UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18772071615

the grant professor is a scam with a fake website fake company .they charge you for unknown stuff .support@thegranyprofessor is fake also .typical ### people ripping others off

Bo

Comments

• Rp
      31st of Oct, 2008

Grant University Class action suit Request all of you to get intouch with me and stop this fraud. rpaul@randallpaul.com

• Rp
      31st of Oct, 2008

The Grant University Class action suit. Request all of you to get intouch with me and stop this fraud. rpaul@randallpaul.com

• Ba
      14th of Nov, 2008

This Company:
    THE GRANT UNIVERSITY (aka) TGU GRANT UNIVERSITY
    is using Identity Theft practices using consumers credit card information and ordering their own program scamming consumers.
    please go to WWW.GRANTRIPOFF.COM and file a report. they are closing in on this scammer and the district attorney is getting an inditement on him
    They need your complaints there for the POLICE REPORTS TO LOCK THIS SCAMMER UP.
    thank you.
    Barry

• Am
      16th of Nov, 2008

I purchased the grant university CD onlinea few weeks ago. After I received it, I tried it out. First it never worked and then as I was trying to find out why I stumbled upon this website about complaints on the grant university. My credit card had not been charged yet the $69.95 that everyone was talking about so I called the grant university @ 800-404-6830 and spoke with a Darren who assured me no charge had been made of that amount to my card that the only charge on there was the $1.98 for the S&H of the CD. Low and behold the next day I have the charge of $69.95 on my card. This company is a total scam!!! Eeveryone who reads this please beware! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

• Em
      17th of Nov, 2008

I had the same experience - but I ran across their refund policy. I had called to cancel and threw a hissy fit in September and they refused to refund me. But then I called today (11/17) and immediately cited their return policy and without hesitation they refunded me at a rate of $2.33 a day not used. That means I caught the charge made on 9/20 on 9/25, therefore they are refunding me $58.30. I can live with the lost $11.65. Here is the wording of the return policy:

"To cancel your subscription to The Grant University for any reason please contact us at 1-877-207-1615 or e-mail us at support@thegrantuniversity.com. And keep the Quick Start CD-ROM as our free gift to you. The Grant University's entire liability, and your exclusive remedy, shall be a prorated refund of the monthly subscription price paid. Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable."

You can find the full refund policy here: http://thegrantuniversity.com/policy.html

Also beware they sign you up for IWB Club and 2 months later charge you $29.95. Call and cancel now or get a new card. I cancelled my card and got a new one as I feared other charges.

"As a bonus for enrolling into The Grant University, you will be provided unlimited access for 21 days to the Ideal Wealth Builder Club, (www.iwbclub.com). During your 21 day free trial you will receive a free one-hour personal financial consultation at no cost to you. To setup your free one-hour consultation please call (800) 230-4043, ext. 1. Additionally, you will have full access to their proprietary wealth building software during your trial. After your twenty-one day trial, you will be billed twenty-nine dollars and ninety-five cents for continued access to the Ideal Wealth Builder Club. If you have any questions pertaining to the Ideal Wealth Builder Club or if for any reason you would like to discontinue your service, contact them directly by calling (800) 230-4043 ext 1."

This is a huge scam!

• Ra
      17th of Nov, 2008

I too agree with all the compalints. The agent I talked too, Johnny, Agent 360 never mentioned anything about cancelling membership. I was charged $1.98 s&h, $1 for easy saver, $1 american lesiure. Make sure you call and cancel those too, they give you cancellation #, but i will probably call and cancel my card as well. Then on the 14th of Nov I got hit with the $69.95 charge. I tried calling them but of course noone is in. I sent them an email requesting cancellation. I got a reply stating my memberships been cancelled. Then they attached their cancellation policy. LOL Thats cool, I will be using their same policy to dispute the charges.

They should be prorating days not used. We'll see if that happens.
    Dont buy from Grant Univeristy. Is their any legit place to get grants from? Or are all they just scams? Funny how im on disability and the govt can't even tell me where to look for grants.
    They all work together I think.

• Is
      20th of Nov, 2008

google grants for businesses. I think the have a network of about three phony websites and a phony blog that recoomended any of the fraud sites. So I choose grant university. They said they were only going to charge me for shipping lik two bucks. So give them all my information credit card and all, and place the order then this. I soon get a call from a slick talking country conman posing as a cold caller confirming the order.

One week pass I do not recieve my CD promised to me then two weeks pass I see a charge to my account for 70 bucks that is when I knew I was a victim of fraud.

• Ra
      25th of Nov, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me last fall with the same charges exactly, 1.98 for shipping of a disk, but they charged me three months in a row 69.95 for membership fees. When I finally realized and reached this company- Grant Consultants, they said my membership was cancelled and then charged me one more time. Finally my bank blocked them from my account. Now, last week, a new company with the URL nfssupport.com 1.00 one day and then serveswd.com the next day for 39.95. The first company's 1-800 # didn't exist. The second company's # produced a salesman who tried to get my credit card number again and I asked for a supervisor when he couldn't pull up any information w/o it. No supervisor would take my call because they said they had no account information on me. I am waiting on a new bank card and putting my money on a prepaid Visa until then.

• Ed
      26th of Nov, 2008

I did not know anything about how they got the information to use my checking account information to automatically withdrawl $69.95 each month. How are they doing this? It caused a very important check to bounce. I don't know at this time how long this has been going on. What can I do to get my money back?
    It should be illegal to automatically allow someone to automatically withdrawl money from your account without notification to you personally. The government should be responsible for making sure that the consumers are protected.

22nd of Dec, 2008

I figured a non-working CD at a 2$ loss was nothing to worry about, lesson learned right? NOPE. Because I called in when I saw the charge $69.95 on my account too...Then I spoke to a woman for nearly thirty minutes, left my number to get a return call and the call back "suprevisor" HUNG UP ON ME after saying we cannot refund your money then just click. I am just angry that they are still getting away with this. They even have separate websites suggesting that this grant university is the only legitimate grant advisor. Someone needs to STOP these people!!! And I want my money back!!!

• Ob
      26th of Jan, 2009

I had the exact same experience from the $1.98 s&h charge, followed by the $69.95 in December and today $29.95. The company dealt with me just like they have the others. Only problem is they have annoyed and tried to rip off the wrong one. Because they happen to be bold enough to post the major news channels logos on their site I have contacted both AbC In Washington @ 703-236-95522 and CBS 202-457-4444 informing them of the web-site and the scam. I have also referred them to this site to view all of the other reports for you good people. I have spoken with ABC in regards to an interview on these scammers and encourage the rest of you to make good use of these number call in and tell your story. Let's run these guys out of town. It's just a phone call away.

30th of Mar, 2009

I never went to the Ideal Wealth Builder Club or their website but some how the got hold of my credit card # and started charging my credit card. When I called they wanted to know more info that way they can justify the charge. Please be careful and call the credit card company and cancel the credit card instead of calling the phone# that is showing in your credit card statement because they will ask for your social security # and credit card #, if you give them those information they will defraud you further. They are ruthless and very adamant.

• De
      27th of May, 2009

I called 866-607-1071 and was told I would get a refund in 3-5 business days from today. We will see :-) I never went to the Ideal Wealth Builder Club or their website but some how the got hold of my debit card # and started charging my debit card. I killed my debit card number so they cannot use it to charge me further.