The Grant University / Fraud

1 22350 E Via Del RanchoQueen Creek, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 480-463-5159

I ordered their 7 day preview of their free grant program. On the fifth day, I was so frustrated that I could not clearly understand their website and directions. I contacted the company by phone [protected] to cancel before I would be charged $69.95 on my account. There was no answer at this number, I tried again on Friday, same thing...on Saturday I got a recording that they did not work on the weekend and would have to call back Monday or leave a voicemail. I left a voicemail and gave them my name and phone number telling them that I was cancelling and have called several times today, Monday, and have been on hold forever telling me that all agents are busy, but they want me to leave a voicemail. They have charged my account as of 2 days ago. I have not heard from them nor have I received the material that I was promised. Please help. Cathy Albert

Comments

• Th
      6th of Oct, 2008
    the Grant University - Government Grants
    Phone: 877-207-1615
    thegrantuniversity.com

I was told that I would recieve a password for the web site and it never came. I was allready 4 days into the trial period and I had not even been able to get on the web site so I called and I was on hold for ever and then just cut off. When I finally got back on hold I went to leave an e-mail but it was full as it was yesterday also. I was calling to cancel the order because I refuse to deal with people that don't do what they say.Thursday Oct 9th 2008 is the deadline for cancelling this order then they will be charging my card $69.95 per month for this service and I do not want it, but I have a feeling that no one including me is going to have much luck getting through to this set up.

• Re
      7th of Oct, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I got caught up in the weekend thing as well, on Monday I stayed on hold for over 2 hours, then they evenually closed and said to leave a voice message. But the mailbox was full. I e-mailed them and it was returned. On tuesday I finally got a human on the line and she said it was to late to cancel, I ask for a supervisor and was told that there was none available. Then she tried to change the dates that I ordered it on to fit there billing. Still trying to get a supervisor, but not very hopeful. Calling my bank now to try to stop payment, it's still pending.

• Te
      7th of Oct, 2008

do not ever give anyone your card number ever again it is a rip off and now i cant git my money back so what is able to be done.

• Do
      9th of Oct, 2008

they are trying to take unauthorized monies from credit card. also, when call phone # provided get answering machine... every time?

11th of Oct, 2008

They are fraud . Why people are stealing money like this ... really want to punish them . Government has to take some actions against them .I lost 69.95 two times from my credit card ...

15th of Oct, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I ordered the cd. for the 1.98 shipping. After waiting for 9 days to receive the cd, I looked for a number to call to inquire about the cd. In the meantime, I happened to check my credit card balance and found that I had an unauthorized charge for 69.95. When I contacted them I got the same story that I had not contacted within the 7 day time period(?) and that they would not remove the charge. I am calling my credit card comany to get the charge removed.

15th of Oct, 2008

Unauthorized charges on credit card for unordered merchandise. No satisfaction in attempting to deal with company after multiple attempts

• Ro
    The Grant University - online grant scam
    138 East 12300 South, Suite C #183
    Draper
    Phone: (877)207-1615
    thegrantuniversity.net

They offer you a "free" 7 day trial & a CD for $1.98 which never comes, then you get charged $69.95 on your account. We called the customer service hotline and were told that a supervisor would call us to discuss our refund. The supervisor never called. When I called a week later, the previous customer service rep and supervisor no longer worked there. DO NOT by tricked by this scam!

• Le
      15th of Oct, 2008

THE SAME HAPPEN TO ME...MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR BANK STATEMENTS OR CREDIT CARDS BECAUSE I FOUND 2 MORE CHARGES FORM GOD KNOWS WHAT.I 'M WONDERING IF ANYBODY IS ABLE TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO NEXT...

• Le
      15th of Oct, 2008
    The Grant University - CHARGED MY ACCOUNT DIFFRENT AMOUNTS......
    THE GRANT UNIVERSITY
    Phone: 1877-207-1615

THEY SCAMED ME OUT OF 69.99 PLUS THEY DID NOT STOP THERE THEY GAVE MY INFO TO ANOTHER COMPANY WHICH CHARGED MY ACCOUN T 32.99 THE SAME DAY, , , , , , , , , ,

• Ro
      16th of Oct, 2008
    the Grant University - Unauthorized credit card charge & can't access website
    unknown
    Phone: (801) 783-4504
    thegrantuniversity.com

I originally ordered the grant university quick start cd rom and was told that I could access their website for all the grant information I need. I was also told that I could cancel the order any time in the allotted time frame. I had cancelled the order as requested, however, I could not access their website as they stated a .com address. There is not a .com address associated with the address as given. However, there is a grantuniversity.net. I have not been able to access the materials as needed, and I want my credit carge charge of
    $69.95 credited back to me ASAP.

• Ka
      17th of Oct, 2008

I ordered the trial disk for $1.98 and 5 days later I was bill for $69.95, before the "trial" period was up. When I called to complain they told me there was nothing they could do but cancel my monthly subscription, What monthly subscription?!@!

• As
      17th of Oct, 2008

I think I found this site too late :( I just submitted my 1.98 on a debit visa gift card... But I wrote every thing down from the phone number they called me at (630 392 2000) to services guys name and his number 289... And before I hung up I asked what I was being charged again and he said 1.98 for the 10 day trial... that's what brings me here, what's this 10 day trial? Sounds suspicious, any suggestions? Ashley Dvorak

18th of Oct, 2008
    The Grant University - illegle bank debits
    138E 12300S STEC#183
    Draper
    thegrantuniversity.com

My bank account was charged a one time $1.98 and then days later a one time $69.95.I have found a web site online but it is bogus. I got a phone number here somewhere but there is never any answer just rings and rings and rings, on and on and on.I had 3 bogus company charge my account last month and had to change accounts to stop it. CME, Columbus Ga

• Ca
      27th of Oct, 2008

I, too am a victim of the Grant University program. I am a single, disabled and unemployed African- American woman who got this website from what was supposed to be a legitimite company. The advert basically stated that I would receive a "free" cd and that I only had to pay $1.98 in shipping /handling fees. Their ad was very misleading and gave me the impression that I had access to this company for the price of the cd. They took $70 out of my debit card without my knowledge or permission-- the only way I found out is that I went to the grocery store to buy food and medicine and the card was denied!! I called my financial institution and learned that there was a charge for $70 from The Grant University. I was stunned. I also had the impresson that my trial membership started when I got the cd-- apparently, it starts from the time the application was filled out!! This is a complete MESS that I need to address. They redused to give me a refund, but offered me 2 months of service for free. I am quite strapped for money as I have no substantial income (I redeive $115 a month from my county and $162 in food stamps.) If you check out the [redacted] website (/link removed/ you'll find THREE PAGES OF COMPLAINTS from people all over the United States concerning this site!! What kills me is that a website that was supposed to PROTECT the public from stuff like this endorsed this website as reputable and was recommended as the top choice of all the companies that it supposedly checked out.

I am going to file a complaint with BBB about this incident and see what happens.

Catheye Willis

• St
      28th of Oct, 2008
    The Grant University - Keep on hold for hours, unable to cancel

Trying to call this # 877-207-16-15 for three days to cancel this bogus CD how to get grant. No answer of course. This lady call me about it when I stated that I want this cancel, she refered me to that same phone # that never answer. I want this cancel order # 2795521 and also called my credit card also.

30th of Oct, 2008

Grant University is a total fraud! I was told cd for $1.98 would take 3 to 5 business days. It was 11 business days when I received the worthless cd. One must have access to website to get the real info. I was very careful and lucky to cancel the $69.95 membership fee before the 7 day "free" trial was up! I never tried the website, because I thought I needed the cd to do so. Anyway, as I said earlier the cd is worthless, and I do check my credit card info almost everyday to make sure their bogus charges are not there. Also, I received a call that I would receive a "free" gift and this would be in the form of discounts on many items, if I was not interested, I must cancel a $16.95 a month membership within 30 days. Which I did so. I also watch for that charge, just in case. The lesson I have learned, for sure, is NOTHING is free! My financial status is so bad, that I fear I may be homeless very soon. I was desperate and did not research The Grant University. Someone should bring them down for their false advertising. Too many websites out there are so ugly!!! Glad I was able to vent!! Thank you!

31st of Oct, 2008

Grant University Class action suit Request all of you to get intouch with me and stop this fraud. rpaul@randallpaul.com

31st of Oct, 2008

The Grant University Class action suit. Request all of you to get intouch with me and stop this fraud. rpaul@randallpaul.com