The Grant University Grants / Billing

United States Review updated:
4.45
Phone: 1877 207 - 1615

I am a single mother of three ... I also ordered the CD for $1.98 and was charged seven days later $69.95 and have not received any CD! I cannot afford this now I am over drawn - this is a scam if they do not make good... Will I get my money back? Their website insures you that you are being scammed if anyone asks for money and they just take your money anyway! Very bad way name to those that are trying to find out how to go to school and better their lives when they take money that obviously we dont have if we are looking into a "grant that you DONT have to pay back" HUGE SCAM...very disappointed!

Comments

Br
  9th of Oct, 2008
You're suposed to read the terms and agreements located on the login page of their site. It states that you must cancel your membership before 7 days or they charge you $70. It's pretty clear. I had a membership but i cancelled it before the week passed. They automatically give you a membership when u buy the cd, after 7 days anyway
To
  10th of Oct, 2008
The exact same thing just happened to me. I requested 1.98 cd and was charged 69.95. I could not get in touch with anyone via phone because the voicemail was always full. Then you finally do get what sounds like a foreign woman and she said theres nothing she can do that they never received my email and there is no supervisor available. This is a total scam and should be reported to the Attorney General I am currently trying to find out the appropriate action to take . Even when you do read the terms and cancel it they still charge you!!!
Ga
  10th of Oct, 2008
This is a total fraud company. Nobody mans telephones waited for 30 min. Cant leave a voice mail box is always full of other obviously unhappy customers. I don't have or know of a user name or password neither my wife or I can remember asking for or using this service. There has to be a law against what you are doing and somebody needs to use it to file charges.
Re
  4th of Nov, 2008
thru the help of Grant University I am now a one big happy millionaire woman. With all the consultations that I had with them, I total approximately $25-28Million! I mean, I can't believe just for a CD for a $2.00 I was able to make my dreams come true. Ladies and Gentlemen just read the terms and conditions so that you will know. They also have another program with their affiliated company and it helped me gain more wealth, eliminated my debts and free up a lot of cash!
De
  10th of Nov, 2008
I have the worst time getting in touch with someone and you get charged without ever having talked to anybody!This is what makes me want to cancel!!! It feels like a scam!!! And I got the info from the scam report website that recommended this product highly!!!
An
  22nd of Nov, 2008
I have experienced all the same complaints as website doesn't, voice mailbox full. For three months I have been trying to stop these obscene charges and get my money back.. I never got any software . I was looking for college money for my grandson. I am a widow on a fixed income.. I am at my wit;s end. what can I do. Even my back isn't any help. I have filed all the papaer work. I can't afford $70 a month in charity to a scam!!
Ma
  22nd of Nov, 2008
i just ordered The Grant university pkg last night. my husband lost his job in the begining of the year. my company has made cut backs. my daughter (17 yo) and has over 40 surgeries is now getting prepared for a kidney transplant . we were under construction to expand our house & get it handicapped accessible for her. we have to walk over the foundation area to get into the house & the kitchen is half missing and winter is on the way. Acutally, it's here. it's been so cold. we have a fake wall up for now. i thought this might help us get it done & help with the traveling to the city and back to her doctors. now reading all this i don't know. i already tried calling because i can't even get on the site. i guess they are right. if it sound too good to be true it must be. you get nothing for free, especially money. oh except for those who don't care about people and pull scams like this one.
Da
  25th of Nov, 2008
I am filling out a form from the Ohio Attorney General's
office.

This company Grant University is clearly a scam.
I never received the product and was billed 2
months in a row for $69.95.

I canceled my credit card.

Look up the Attorney General's office for your state
and print off the form and mail the complaint in.
If enough people do this, maybe they can be stopped.
I don't know how they get away with this.

Let's be proactive!
Da
  25th of Nov, 2008
BEWARE

I was trying to figure out why I would have even
ordered this CD from Grant University.

I went back to a site where the Government Grant
Scam Watch team did ratings on these internet
grant sites.

They gave Grant University a perfect rating.

These grant so-called Government Investigators
only steer you into trying it.

Here is what they say:

Our top pick is The Grant University which is 100% free all you have to cover is the shipping costs ($1.98). This was our #1 pick because they issued out grants to their members on a daily basis & they included 24/7 live support to assist you in getting your grant money.

Look at my favorite picks and decide for yourself... The Federal Government gives away billions of dollars every year to people just like you and me. No matter what you need money for the Government has a grant for it... Are you looking to start a small business? Need to pay for college? Or how about buy a new home? The best part is you can get approved for as many grants as you qualify for and you never have to pay a penny back...

Regards,

Government Grant Scam Watch Team
_______________________________________
...Don't fall for it...save your money
Ohio single parent, out of $139.00 plus shipping.
______________________________________
Am
  28th of Nov, 2008
I was scamed too. I got a phone call telling me about this sight and on the sight it Had NBC Yahoo New today CBS FOX I though they were liget.
I was lucky I saw it on my bank statment on line.
I demanded my money back or I will have my bank go after them for fraud. Yes!!! My bank dose that, They said that I will get 63 back out of 69 I purched it last friday the 21 on the 25 they charged me 69 on the 28 I cancled.
There is no dout this isn't liget. If they were a true company they would have more then one woman answering the phone. You ask for some one hire up that can help you there isnt.
the thing is its not just wondering the web but you can also get phone calls to check the web site out and yes I still have the phone message that told me to go to that sight.
Ju
  4th of Dec, 2008
Sorry I didn't see this first and just fell for info given on GrantsReviewed.org/Top Paying Grants also, and went to their top rated reviewed site, Grant University. Stupid me. I didn't scroll down and didn't see "terms". GrantsReviewed site says nothing about a monthly charge, or trial period, only $1.98, Grant University site also says nothing about a trial period - in plain site. Same deal with Grant Search, their #2 pick. They charge $58.61 a month. (Grants Revied recommends ordering both). #3 pick is Grant Master and they don't even quote a monthly charge of number of days to cancel. You have to place order to find out. Last #4 pick, Dollar Grants, may or may not be legit. It says $24.50 membership fee and nothing more.

GrantsReviewed.org should be "reviewed" for helping these scam artists. If they really wanted to help the public, they should say there are monthly fees and not just the cheap shipping (and money back guarante). I'm retired and have all kinds of money problems going on and can ill afford getting stuck $70 a month.

I checked into another one a month ago that sends 3 to 4 emails a day now. I've not ordered it. They state a charge of $39.95 after the cheap initial shipment before you put your name in, but I was leary and checked the "Grants Reviewed" site today. That one may be a scam too but they at least they are open about what their charge is.
Sh
  20th of Dec, 2008

grant university and grants .com - unauthrise fees
grants

keep charging everyones bank account and not receiving any services
Ti
  29th of Dec, 2008
The grant university is a scam, free 1.98 for shipping, never recieved cd's or anything else. Just took 69.95 out of my checking account and pulled that 7 day free trial on me. Never recieved anything, so what trial. Already told my bank who was on a conference call with me with the lady from grant telling us about the terms and my bank said they would do nothing about it. Told him fine I would be closing my account.
Kh
  7th of Jan, 2009
I was at another web site that rated the top grant search companies. Of course The Grant University was #1, so I ordered the CD for $1.98. At the site I was at it didn't say anythng about being charged $69.95 if not cancelled in 7 days. I called my bank and they temporarily refunded my money upon a investigation. Not to mention I had to cancel my check card so I would be sure they didn't bill me again. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and I plan to follow up, After it was all said and done I did a search on the company name and seen all these complaints. By the way the web site that recommended The Grant University was probally created by the same person who ownes The Grant University. What goes around comes around they will get what they deserve.
Pa

They own Grant Solutions LLC located at
450 Hillside Drive, Building B, Suite 200
Mesquite, NV 89027
The company registration no is E0243532007-7

They leased www.grantuniversity.com from Cameron McPherson, who is presently suing the owners above and the company for misusing his domain name for fraudulent purposes.

To get your money back - go to your bank / credit card company and dispute all charges from this company and any related company. Write to the attorney General in Nevada - Good luck.
Th
  9th of Feb, 2009
Way cool someone had the names of the people doing this. I to am one of there victoms. I did leave a phome message for McKim. I'm not holding my breath I'll get a return call.

However, the address in Mesquie, NV is a phone center, there is no people in that office. If you check the address there is 7 or 8 business using the very same address.

These 3 crooks have addresses in Draper, UT. I got phone numbers for Avondet and McKim of of Switchboard.
So
  16th of Feb, 2009
Can we file a class action lawsuit against these crooks?Same story I checked out the site recomending grants-THEY ARE A SCAM SITE THEMSELVES.I never got the C.D., ANd was Charged 69.95-how can this trial period apply if you never get the product to try? Sadly, my bank gave us a credit memo for the charges-then after a so-called investigation, reversed thier decision.We will be changing banks.If we all fill out EDP reportig forms(you Can get them from your bank-the fax number is 818-487-0634 and name the perpetrators listed above, then take it TO THE POLICE-using the companys name wont help because they dont exist-so use the above three names-please, whoever got these names OR ANY body out there-who can find out more-please post ASAP at this site.My name is SofieAnn-if anyone wants to comment back to me..dont want to be a victim anymore...SOSIEANN-disillusioned in Monticello, IN.
He
  23rd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I've been scammed and have been extensively researching these theives. Cameron McPherson and Shaun Shelton are in cahoots with eachother. I believe that Pete Maughan is also involved. Some of these sites they're in together on and some they're not. Here are just some of their scam websites:

www.i3wired.com
www.thegrantmentor.com
www.thebizreview.com
www.theinvestorsreview.com
www.live2giveaid.org

Anyone who would like further explanation can contact him directly by phone at 801.224.4444 x219 or by email at cameron.mcpherson@gmail.com.

I'm not finished with this yet. I'm contacting the BBB, USPS, etc.
If we all gang up on these guys and spread the news to everyone you know...DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE GET RICH QUICK GUYS...NO "FREE" TRIALS OF ANY KIND. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A MEMBERSHIP FROM A MATCHMAKING SITE EITHER. I believe that's where it all started for me.

I'm going to contact channel 7 to cover this story as well. Make lots of noise over this!!!
An
  2nd of Mar, 2009
I think anyone who claims they have gotten there money back or made money from this system (Reza Miller) is the actually company patronizing suffering customers. I was about to purchase this system, but after reading everyone's concerns and experiences I decided not to. I truly hope everyone is refunded all of the money they have invested unwillingly. I, too, have been a victim of other scams out there which is why I decided to do my research this time around.
To
  26th of Mar, 2009
I too submitted a request for the $1.98 "Shipping Charge" for the CD from The grant university, and like 99.9% of all of the complaints against these rip-off artists on Feb 1 of this year I was billed $1.98 for the CD Which is stated on the "Terms of Agreement" . Interestingly, those terms also state that the "CD will be shipped 1 day after you order and to "allow 5 to 10 business days" to receive the CD. On 'Feb 8 of this year these scam artists billed my credit card for the $69.95, and I called them on it, luckily I got through to a female voice and unfortunately, I didn't get her name as I was to say the least, "pissed". Also these same scam artists gave my credit card info to other scams UMGBUYEDGE(888-326-7156), UMG*MYAD (888-305-3227), and IWBCLUB(866-607-1071). I explained to the female voice that it was a scam which she denied and that there was no way that they could ship the CD to me from MN via USPS and allow me sufficient time to explore the CD and decide to accept or cancel the "service". Fortunately I was hopefully able to cancel and get credit for the other charges they sent to their affiliates, and filed a dispute with my credit card company. This is a similar scheme that was perpetuated by the Famous "Bruce A Berman" "I got there and you can too" If I do not get the charges removed from my card, I will contact the Attorney General her in the Land of "Fruits and Nuts", as well as the two loser senators from the same state.