The Grant University / Scam charges

I was promised a CD on how to get Federal Grants free for 1.98 shipping and handling. I never got the CD then they charge my account with an additional 69.95. What did I get in return? Nothing!

Va

Comments

• Va
      13th of Oct, 2008

Grant University promise free access to their website plus a CD with vital information about different Grants for the cost of $1.98. No wear on their website will you find information about an additional charge of $69.00 that they take out from your credit card, without informing you. I have not talked to anybody and have not ordered anything from them. Even though I suddenly have a charge on my credit card (that I have dispute).

• Rp
      13th of Oct, 2008

I was given a login and pin number which do not allow me to sign in to check the services. This is a fraudulent tactic as they will not ever be contactable and their mail box is always full and support never contacts you back and they charge you $69 per month. This is a definate no go people do not get sucked in to the $1.98 CD charge as the whol point is to give them your credit card details. My person I talked to gave me her number to contact and it doesnt exist. Lisa Smith on 888 584 0883.

Beware of the Grant university at all costs

13th of Oct, 2008

I wholeheartedly agree that this "company" Grant University is a scam. I too stupidly entered my credit card info for the $1.98 charge. Much to my surprise, I had a $69 charge which I am disputing. When I called them, they were very uncooperative. Also, just after inputing my information, I received MANY annoying, harrassing calls from them. BEWARE!!!

• Di
      14th of Oct, 2008

I too was also sucked into this nightmare of rip off artists, that they call themselves The Grant University. Hahaha How can they do this and get away with it.? This is America and we work hard for our money. I thought for $1.98, I would get a CD with sites to check for grants and schoolarships. This $1.98 turned into $69.95 plus they sold my information to another company who has nothing to do with grants and schoolarships, and they took $29.95 out of my account. However, this company did refund me the next day. I canceled my account because who knows who else they sold my information to. They are down right thieves. Scamsters. Predators. EVIL!!!I filed a complaint with the BBB and the FTC and where ever else I can. This has got to stop. This is criminal.

• Rp
      31st of Oct, 2008

Grant University Class Action Suit

I suggest that the hundreds of good people get together and get these people to stop there practise of bait and switch. They took immediate payment from me before I even received the CD. I went to log on with no success and I tried the telephone numbers supplied and no answer still to this date. I tried the direct telephone number of the representative Lisa Smith with a non existing number. I wrote support at the grant university .com and they din't reply until after the 7day trial period whihc I never started in the first place. They informed me I had been canceled but no refund of the initial $69.00 would be remitted. I went to the Utah Better Business Bureau and they have said that everyone should contact them. Contact me on rpaul@randallpaul.com if you want to file a class action suit to stop this American Fraud. It must Stop!

• Va
      18th of Nov, 2008

This company is doing illegal transactions, they say their program is free all you do is pay for shipping of their cd and if not satisfied you have 30 days to council. They are liars they wait a few days then turn around and charge your credit card $69.95 And you can't email them and writing to them only gets your mail returned to you, and phoning them is impossible, they never answer the phone. Please be ware and contact your bank for up dates on your account and let your bank know about this company.

• Mi
      3rd of Dec, 2008

DO NOT give your credit or debit card number to this company. If you do you may as well say goodby to 69.95. They are a complete scam. I had to cancel my debit card because other transactions were starting to post (from outside the U.S.!)

• Mi
      5th of Jan, 2009

I am trying to buy a house so I wanted to check out grants. Some how I got to The Grant University. They promised me a CD and I only had to pay $1.98 for shipping and handling, but by buying the CD you enroll in their program that they charge you $69.99 for if you don't cancel in seven days.

Be aware that this is a monthly charge. If you go back and look at the advertisement this is put in something like clear letters.

Don't have a busy life like myself It was two months that I realized that I did not have my CD. But they were charging me $69.99 for the service. I also thought I needed the CD to use the service.

They could not tell me when they sent the CD but they could take my money. That is because they never sent the CD because if they did they would be able to tell me when they did.

They constantly phoned me and put enfises on $1.98 I don't remember where they got my phone number from.

So be aware what you do on the internet. I have been taken for a ride I am a poor person I don't have $69.99 to just give away. I can barely pay my rent.

• Ta
      14th of Jan, 2009

the same exact thing happened to me. My father died shortly after I sent off for this "free" CD (I did agree to pay 1.98 for shipping and that's where they get your bank card info to charge you each month) and several months passed until I realised that I should have more bucks in the bank than I had...I have NEVER went to their service site nor have they assisted me in any way what-so-ever! Still there it was on my bank statement, month after month a charge of 69.99!!! I called to complain and got NOWHERE with these people ...no supervisor for me to talk to. I immediately called my bank and during that call the bank representative told me they The Grant University" were attempting to withdrawal another charge at that very moment!! This is unbelievable!! I also am not in any position to throw this kind of money away. People beware of this company - when I put in for their CD I did not see anything mentioning this charge per month or I could not have afforded it...period!

• Pa
      15th of Jan, 2009

I did the same thing - but am taking steps to get my money back. Here is how you do it.

Contact your credit card company and issue a dispute on the charge by The Grant University. Tell them that you did not authorize the charge of $69.95 - remember this is a monthly charge. They will raise a dispute with the Grant University and issue with a refund. They will then investigate the dispute with the Grant university on your behalf. They will levy a charge against the Grant University - and the Grant University will obviously have to prove that they took the money from you legitimately. Because they never posted the charge - you never knew you would be charged the $69.95.

Also look for another charge of $29.95 from the Ideal Wealth Builder Club - there is a link to them as well. Dispute this charge as well. You should get your money back and create a file with the credit card company on The Grant University and it will go somewhere towards closing this company down.

I hope this helps - Good luck

• Ed
      28th of Jan, 2009

Please help us complainants file a class action against this scammers. Something has to be done to stop them taking advantage of people in need. I am one of those and now I can not even use my bank account since they took the little money that I have in there.Just for the records I am on welfare since I am a single parent, a father to two minor girls.