The Grant Professor / On line grant ripoff

138 East 12300 South Suite 183Draper, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-207-1615

Told me that I could find information about grants for $1.98 and have been charged multiple charges totaling over $90.00 dollars causing my bank checking account several hundered of dollars due to insufficient funds. They tell you that you have a seven day free trial but don't explain from the date your signed up not the day you receive the disk. I received the disk this past Tuesday, October 7, 2008 in the mail and today October 8, 2008 they are charging my bank account. I tried contacting their office but no answer a recorder comes on and says that they are busy with other customers to please leave a name and number and they will contact you back. Ya right! The website they tell you to log onto to cancel is bogus it only tells you about the cancellation process and it takes you back to circles. If anyone can help prosecute can you please contact me. Also, do you know if I can get my money back.

Comments

Jo
  9th of Oct, 2008
I am fighting with this company too. They also put me into a sister company that I was suppose to have a 21 day trial in and the sister company charged my account on day 16. I have filed a police report on this so that my bank can turn it over to the federal commissions but I don't really think I will get my money. Go to www.[redacted] and read the 150 other claims against this company.
Dt
  9th of Oct, 2008
Same thing. Just received the cd 3 days ago. Put it in and listened to it. Not really what
I wanted. Today my account was charged $69.95... I didn't sign up for anything.
Le
  10th of Oct, 2008
Same thing here. My bank told me to cancel my debit/credit card to stop the charges which I did. Your bank can also dispute the charge and credit your account, so you may want to do that.
Sh
  21st of Oct, 2008
Same thing...hope I can get my money back.
Gw
  21st of Oct, 2008
Hello, I was surfing the net trying to look up the Grant Professor and ended up at this site.I am so glad that I didI am going to have to cancell my debit card also.They couldn't take anything more than 1.95 because I have a debit card that you have to load up.A pre-paid card from Ace check cashing.Good I didn't have direct deposit on the card or else I would have got taken for the 69.00.I should have known somthing wasn't right when the CD wouldn't load on my Cd player.Thanks for this site I will be seriously careful next time.And of course I am purchasing another card with a different account number.
Ma
  3rd of Jul, 2016
I would have to differ on all of these complaints. When purchased the Grant Professor cd, it came through the postal system in a timely manner and was of excellent quality. The webinar was brilliant, easy to understand and gave a total outline for obtaining a grant. The opportunity to cancel the 7 day trial was easily done as well.
However, there was a problem locating www.TheGrantProfessor.com website.
De
  3rd of Jul, 2016
I ordered this cd, which by the way does not work. When I received my credit card statement I not only had the $1.98 but also a $69.95 charge for the bogus cd. Don't get taken in by this like I did. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the Federal Trade Commission. This should be stopped!!! I did call the 800 # provided, but the mail box was full and I could not leave a message that I wanted to cancel. I have reported this to my credit card company so no more charges will be made to my credit card.
De
  3rd of Jul, 2016
I ordered this cd for $1.98 and my credit card was charged $69.95. I just got my statement this morning, so have not called the number, but I do intend to do just that. Plus the cd I received does not even work!!!
Se
  3rd of Jul, 2016
I too feel as though I have been scamed!!! The CD took 6 days to get to me, then the CD didnt even work. I wanted to cancel the 'membership' so I went to the web site and found that it was not user friendly. I was charged $69 for services I never rendered. Everytime I called the customer service number to cancel the policy, since I couldnt do it on the web site, I was unable to speak with a live oporator and the mail box was inconviently full so I couldnt even leave a message. I am so frustrated with this company and believe everyone should be aware of the scam from this company!!! I have contacted my bank to dispute the charges and I strongly encourage others to stay away from. them!!!
Li
  3rd of Jul, 2016
I got hit by these scammers too! The Grant Professor company of Draper Utah robbed $69.95 from me through an unauthorized charge to my credit card...grrr! I'm so frustrated! There was no indication of a "7-day trial" when I ordered the CD. I would have never agreed to a 7-day trial and risk having my card charged $69.95, never! My credit card company said they could not help me recover the money, and I had to report my credit card stolen in order to stop them from billing me monthly! I called The Grant Professor, and the operator repeated their "policy" over and over and would of course admit no wrong!
An
  3rd of Jul, 2016
I also got scammed. I all I did was order the CD for just the postage 1.98 but to find out that some were in the info I was charged 69.95 from my account that I did not authorize. also my credit card company could not recover my refund. I call the Grant Professor again but she would not let me talk to a supervisor or manager she keep repeating her policy. This need to be posted that is a scam money does not come easy anymore we work hard. With all the great programs there are out their this keep me from even trying.
Da
  3rd of Jul, 2016
orderedthe cd and it does not even play. am getting ahold of my bank and credit card company; did not know i would be billed after seven days. anyone else been blinked?
Ke
  3rd of Jul, 2016
after my trail date is over cancel this bull ### I think this is a total rip off. I'm totally different from other people steal my money and we will never be even until one of you mother###ers stop breathing
Ze
  3rd of Jul, 2016
Today I received a cd in the mail that does not even play on any of my media outlets...I had no idea this company is charging 69.95 after 7days. This is ot authorized just like the other people who are being scammed. Please do not let this company get away with this. I am sending my complaint to the attorney generals office. Y cannot afford to give them 69.95 dollars. I'm retired and on a fixed income...I scrapped for the 1.95 charge for the cd which doesn't play.
Ze
  3rd of Jul, 2016
I am a victim of the same scam...A cd that doesn't work in any of my media outlets...and I am trying to reach Grant University to avoid a charge to my credit card...but just as the other complaints state no on can get threw to them and no message can be left. They are ripping innocent off . I'm retired 74 yrs old and on a fixed income so this charge of 69.95 will really hurt me. I am just learhning of this 69.95 charge. No one was told of this. They advertised heavily about only charging 1.95 for the cd to cover shipping.
Jo
  3rd of Jul, 2016
I just received my credit card statement and I was also charged $69.95.I am filig a report with the federal trade commission also.
St
  3rd of Jul, 2016
my cd did not work either and there is no member login any where, and yes there eighthundred number is is full or you wait fo r ever, they really need to be prosecuted.
ps i got charged 69.95 also what a holes.
Da
  3rd of Jul, 2016
The CD worked just fine for me. I paid $69 to have a shot at a grant. I will write again later to let you know how much it helped, or if it helps at all...

DJWW
Vl
  3rd of Jul, 2016
I signed up for the free CD, with only charges of $1.98 for shipping. Nothing said anything about 7 day trial and charges of $69.95. When I received my credit card statement it was charged the $69.95. Also had another charge on it in the amount of $29.95, that I did not recognize so called the number given with this company. They told me that they had got my information from THE GRANT UNIVERSITY, name, credit card # and all and enrolled me in their program also. This company did cancel it and said they would refund my money. Have not seen it yet though. So will wait and see what happens. Be sure and check for other unknown charges on your statement.
La
  3rd of Jul, 2016
iI requested the c d for $1.98 and was billed69.98, I did not know that this would happen, how do I get my money. To me me this is just one big rip off