The Grant People / Terrible experience

They telemarket you, promise that your company can easily get at least $100, 000, and ask for $5, 000. When you say you don't have that much, they drop it to $2, 000 now and the balance when we get the grant.

I was still protesting, so he told me to just write a check and fax it. For some reason I thought he was just asking for proof of earnestness, and I did not think a fax'd check could be cashed. It was casked so fast it made my head spin.

6 months later when I complained I had not seen anything, well, that was because it was in the writing process. They sent out some letters that were screwy. When I called to complain, I got the pitch about giving them more money to turn me into a non-profit group that would give 10% of the money to charity and use the rest as expenses. I said no.

Months later I got the call that someone was interested, and I needed to send money for them to work up a report for us. I said no. They said I would not need a report if I asked for less than $100, 000.

By the third or fourth go-around of letters, they got our information right. Then I never heard from them again. I was lucky that I only lost $2, 000. They are no longer in business. I talked to some of the same people previously mentioned - Spencer Hamilton, David Vanlandingham, Ryan someone, etc.

I searched one of the names and there is someone in Las Vegas doing life coaching with the same name, but of course we have no idea if it is the same person. It would be interesting if the Attorney General of Nevada would look into this.

Ro

Comments

• Va
      21st of Nov, 2008
    The Grant People - Unauthorized billing
    The Grant People
    grandpeople.org

Beginning in early 2007, The Grant People submitted information to me detailing what they could do to assure a Government Grant for my business. I submitted a check to The Grant People in the amount of $5, 000.00 which as they declared, was a reduced fee to provide all necessary paperwork to secure a Government Grant.

I then had to submit all required information to them in regard to the write-up they would do to secure the Grant. They sent me a copy of the proposal delivered to different businesses who would submit a Grant to me. (Their proposal was written from the extensive information I submitted to them).

Later, by August 30, 2007, The Grant People said they required I submit another check in the amount of $12, 500.00 to be submitted for continuation of the Grant submission due to the need to submit a 500 page document for submission for an even higher rated Government Grant they could secure for me.

I talked to several of the people associated with The Grant People in reference to when was I to receive my Grant, and was told many times over as to how it should take place at any time. By March 2008, The Grant People assured me the Grant should be secured within 3 to 4 weeks. By mid, 2008, The Grant People stopped receiving phone calls, and their web site was also unaccessible.

The Grant People never secured a Government Grant for my business and had lied to me about everything they were doing. I hope someone can help in assisting me in recovering the $17, 500.00 I submitted to The Grant People for the Government Grant(s) they always promised to secure for my business. In the meantime, never believe one single work whether writtten or oral, coming from The Grant People, or anyone else they are or were affiliated with.

• Vi
      28th of Jan, 2009
    The Grant People - Fraudsters and cheaters
    The Grant People
    4550 W. Oakley
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 866-472-6885

I knew they were rip-off's from the beginning. I warned my husband but he didn't listen and like a [censored] I should've investigated, I didn't and sure enough they conned my husband out of $7, 500.00 for bull ### grants that I could've done. They're work was so unprofessional they couldn't have possibly been legitimate. I told my husband I didn't want nothing to do with them but he believed they're lies.

I have some emails from the grant people and some names Todd Payne, Renata Fernandez & some guy named Ryan and a receipt that I found a few days ago confirming my husband's payment that is why I am barely filing a report now. All this took place between 2007-2008. Their so full of ###. I hate to be them when they're standing at the judgement seat of Christ explaining there way out of that one. Anyways were out $7, 500.00 and no grants!!!

• Ed
      13th of Mar, 2009

• To
      4th of Apr, 2009

i too was scammed, how can we get our monies back!same people who called u called me, and i paid 1500, to get 600, 000, later told i was excepted for 200, 000, then there phone was disconnected, email me freendeed2000@aol.com, if u know how i can sue these theives tommy and connie wheat

• Ca
      17th of Jun, 2013

Although they have moved on because the FBI heat was closing in, Dave Vanlandingham and his buddies just changed directions a little and went to work for one of the most well-known Nevada ### of all (all currently being investigated hard by the State/Local/ and Fed Agencies. They work for Nevada Corporate Headquarters in Texas. The "Owner/President" has already done Fed time in a previous scam and is back, bigger than ever. They hire people to basically "learn" how to make money, buy houses, get loans, etc., using their proprietary information with "Promises" that, of course, cannot ever be kept. They charge $1000's to $10, 000's to $100, 000's depending on "how big a whale they think you are"! You get to see "Seminars" about nothing (all Hype), and circle of fraud starts once again. They sell something at the low level, turn it over to a "2nd Level Closer" and find something more expensive you need to have and then even move you to a "Level 3 Closer", etc. until you are completely broke. You are so frustrated since they won't answer phone calls, give straight answers, and on and on, that you want to shoot your self. Best advice==Use only Credit Cards so you can charge back (No Debit Cards/No Checks/No Cash, NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE DEAL SOUNDS< PERIOD!

I can tell you that the company is infiltrated with law enforcement, gathering info on the low, and soon, when the timing is right, expect many felonious arrests. They have been too greedy, too long, which is a no, no in this type of racket. Sooner of later, it always comes crashing down. Grant/Pitchmen ### deserve what they get. All the people working are uneducated idiots pretending to be something they are not. They lie about where they went to school, degrees conferred, and so on. They prey on the eldery, the working man who is truly hurting and so on.. People I know on the inside are getting out (or have quit already), just waiting to be raided.

I live In San Diego now and made enough the last time I worked with Dave (and after) to retire for a while. Be careful, however, I'll be back soon to take more of your hard earned cash! (P)

2-3 similar companies like his are in the same boat. Read about soon in the paper and watch for busts on nat'l news.