The FRS Company / Unauthorized Charges

1 Foster City, CA, United States Review updated:

I ordered a free trial and agreed to pay shipping of $6.95 which was charged to my credit card on 11/14/08. Upon examination of my credit card i have an unauthorized charge from this company dated 12/07/2008 for $69.98 this was done without my permission or credit card authorization.

More The FRS Company Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Te
  5th of Jan, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I have a charge on my credit card for $78.84 on 12/2/08 and I also did the same kind of order thing for Acai Berry and have 2 charges on my CC for $29.95 and $90.20. They are all from different places but for the same product. I had to call my CC company and dispute all three charges only to find out I have another on 12/25 for $85.64. I am faxing them a "billing rights summary" located on the back of the CC statement in order to deny these charges and stop any others from posting. What a hassle! Very dishonest for these companies to do this!

La
  25th of Feb, 2009

I am about to order their free trial and it clearly states, all over the place, that after a 14 day trial period, you will be automatically enrolled in their subscription program, at which point you will be charges. According to your timeline, they honored their commitment and didn't do anything wrong.

Dr
  26th of Feb, 2009

I just went through exactly the same experience. This is how they get you:

The frs company uses their advertised sale to collect your information and then add you without your knowledge or permission to their "auto-ship" list. Next, they proceeded to charge your credit card (Again, without permission) for a product you never ordered nor wanted. When you contact them for resolution of this matter, they will refuse to refund any shipping costs (At least $20) necessary to return their product to them. Essentially, you'll be out of $20 with nothing to show for it, because they illegally collect your credit card info!! Do not do business with this company.

Br
  19th of May, 2009

I love how people are ignorant enough to think they'll get something from these companies for free without strings attached. Read the fine print. When you check the "I agree" box, you're agreeing to pay the $65/month. You weren't scammed. You were stupid. This is a legitimate company with one of the best products of their type that I've come across.

He
  6th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

exactly read the god damn fine print I'm getting sick of you ppl calling to complain to me that you didn't know what you were signing up for, bull ###! It's right there on the web page and again in the free trial package in plain english easy to read and understand that once your free trial ends and you have not canceled you will receive monthly shipments! learn to read you dumb ###.

12th of Jun, 2009

It says all over about the 50% discount with the free trial hahahaha

Pa
  19th of Jun, 2009

I have been billed $109.68 on my current credit card for two shipments . As soon as I got my second one I called and canceled my account. I paid to ship the second one back. Now lets see if they credit me for that second one. Yeah, I'm stupid. I didn't read the fine print. This was advertised as a free trial.. B...S...

Je
  25th of Jul, 2009

Well just got my free trial 3 days ago. all i got was a bad headache and no energy increase. taste is ok but, orange juice would do just fine. i don't see how Armstrong can endorse this crap. that is why i purchased it. i thought if he took it it must be ok. they must have paid him well to soil his name like that.

He
  29th of Jul, 2009

I have read numerous complaints about this company and all of them are the same complaint regarding the Free Trial. The person responsible for this problem is the consumer. FRS very clearly states that you will be enrolled in an autoship program. You must, I repeat, must, read the agreement! You can cancel the autoenrollment at any time.

FRS is a wonderful company and I have used this drink for over a year. I am not an athlete nor am I affliated with this company. I am an ordinary person who, in fact, has health problems that has been helped alot by using this product.

I also should point out that their customer service is wonderful. They take the time to explain any questions you may have and are great if you should have a problem with anything. They are very quick to resolve problems. I cannot say enough good about them. I highly recommend this product.

Be
  10th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

it is misleading advertising. any company that has a product they believe to work well shouldnt have to stoop to these levels ripping people off. i'm glad i came across this before asking for my free trial. also, heather24 it is so obvious that you are an employee of this company with your overly kind comments.

Be
  10th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

It is misleading advertising. any company that has a product they believe to work well shouldnt have to stoop to these levels ripping people off. i'm glad i came across this before asking for my free trial. also, heather24 it is so obvious that you are an employee of this company with your overly kind comments.

Mo
  27th of Nov, 2009

I will have to AGREE with heather24. I have tried FRS and I like their products, especially the chews. I am a beginner bicycle racer and participate in short triathlons. FRS is not paying me nor do I get paid to participate in races. I am sorry you did not understand the terms and conditions of the trial offer, maybe they will be able to sell their products in the future without using that type of sales strategy.

Sc
  7th of Dec, 2009

I DID NOT order a GD thing and these people just dinged my CC for $28.04. I read the fine print just fine -

St
  9th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

very good products SORRY 2 say we as a consumer r losing r ability 2 think 4 ourselves steve

Br
  2nd of Feb, 2010

If they really have a legitimate product, they should be able to sell this like any other retailproduct and not a perpetual billing item. I can see having that option for convenience but not a mandatory purchase policy. This product gave me a really bad headache.

Cl
  13th of Jun, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I ordered from them in the past and didnt have a problem until 3rd order which created 4th order (Autoship.) when i complained they stated that i chose to have autoship (I did not)