The Freight Center / Billing adjustment

1 Trinity, FL, United States Review updated:

We contracted with The Freight Center to deliver an antique table from Arizona to Texas. They brokered the job to Central Freigh out of Texas. THe table was picked up at a UPS store in Phoenix (commercial location). After the delivery we were billed for a residential pick up. We explained over the phone, in writing and with documentation of proof such as statement from the UPS store owner that the table was picked up from a commercial location and we did not owe them for a residential pick up. We were told by Freight Center that the carrier insisted it was a residential pick up which they paid so they billed us. Despite our proof of comercial pick up the Freight Center billed our credit card that they had on file for the charge. This was six months after the shipment. We made numerous phone calls to both parties explaining their error and again providing documentaton of the commercial pick up. It seemed ludicrous to have to prove what was already on their Bill of Lading. We received no satisfaction from Freight Center. Once we reported them to the BBB their response to the BBB was that they would refund us right away. This company is not trustworthy.

Comments

• Gu
      13th of Oct, 2010

My 11 year olds company (Guiltless Giving) had yet to use a freight company for shipping and this would be our first experience. The only company that answered their phone on Sunday was Freight Center. Allen answered the phone. He answered every single question I had. He sent me a check list of what I needed to do, ... where to get pallets, plastic wrap, etc. Monday arrives and our order was ready to ship with two crates & 1500 pounds. I emailed Allen our specs, he emailed me 3-4 options on prices, delivery etc. By 3pm there was an 18 wheeler at our door to pick up my 11 year olds first freight shipment! Three days later (one day earlier than expected) the shipment was received by our clients. There was one box that was damaged (items in the box were not damaged) out of 40. Both my son and I would recommend Freight Center. The customer service was first class, the process was made easy, the shipment was early and the damaged box was just that, one box.

• Fr
      29th of Mar, 2011

If you go into your account that you created and re-run your quote you will see that the rate there is vey different than what they are charging you. they break down your cost per pound typically and that is what they use. Also, as you know, you are getting screwed.

I suggest getting a screen shot of that actual rate you ran, dispute it with your credit card company and tell freightcenter to go eat dirt.

they are stealing from ANYONE who gets a rebill and you can fight it. I did! Don't take their crap and post this information all over the place. I saw on BBB they have a C+ that is almost failing! No wonder they take advantage of us.

Fight back against them and you will see your credit card company will help. Also, I suggest filing a small claims case in your hometown since they are not charging you the right rate. They will have to hire a lawyer or get to your city to go to court. You'll win and if they default, you have a judgement against them.

• Mr
      9th of Sep, 2011

DO NOT USES THESE GUYS!!! Shipped my stuff Monday, promised to get it to me Friday. Come Friday, stuff is not here yet, and they promised to call me back the next week. I kept calling them every day until the following Friday, with promises made every single day, with no one calling me back. It's Friday a week after it's supposed to be here, and it's still not here! They say my stuff is lost. If you don't want this type of headache, DO NOT CALL THESE GUYS!!!

• Ha
      22nd of Nov, 2011

I got a quote from Freight Center and they sent me to SAIA to drop off my package for shipping. I handed the quote to them and they made me get a cashiers check made out to SAIA for about $180. The package was shipped okay. Three months later SAIA goes into collection against me for $800 saying that the Quote number is not theirs and I have to pay them the balance. Freight Center washes their hands off of it saying they never instructed me to ship via SAIA. Now I owe SAIA and Freight Center to the tune of $800 for shipping $150 worth of product. When I call Freight center operator perp he hangs up on me saying he never instructed me to do what I did. I will never use them again and ask that you don't either.

• Al
      15th of Jul, 2014

Talk to your SAIA to refute Freight Centers Claim. You should also talk to one of the sales staff at the trucking companies location to get your best price. Freight Center is nothing short of a fraudulent company run by a fellow named Matt Brosious. He lives in a gated community in Trinity Florida. He is 39 years old and he uncovered a flaw in the business model of trucking companies. He leverages prices to trucking companies based on volume. He obtains that volume from people that do not ship frequently. He uses the inexperience of the individual to maximize his profits by fraud.
    Your best price will always be obtained at the trucking company but, you will need to talk to someone in the sales office. Do not be off put by the first price. You must always remember, if they quote you the same price as Freight Center, they are still making more money than they would get from freight center for that same shipment. This also protects you from Matt Brosious and his fraudulent business practices.