The Eye Care Institute / Awful place

1 United States

Using a company voucher for glasses, I ordered a pair the 2nd of March. They said it would be 7 to 10 days before they would call me to come pick them up. The 16th of March I called them, to find out the lab had broken the frame. They were waiting from the lab to find out what to do. Later that day they left a message on my answering machine that the frame broken was the last of that type, that they were discontinued, and that I would have to drive back to Louisville to select another style, then wait another two weeks to get them. I stopped by the local Eye Care Center and got two pair for $28 in a little over an hour! Today, 20 March, I get a bill for $20 for "Fitting Of Specticles". If I had been told ahead of time of this, I would have paid for it then. It is obvious that they can't submit the voucher because they didn't sell any glasses, and this is somehow covering their losses. They should not be selling clearance glasses for full price. They should call customers as soon as there is a problem, not wait for the customer to call them. If they mess up, they should eat the cost!

Ro