The Eay Yellow Pages, Inc / Unauthorized billing

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Our Finance Department received an unknown 'More YellowPages' fee of 39.95$ plus service fee charges for a service I did not sign up for. I distinctly remember the phone call about a month back of a sales rep calling asking to verify our address and telephone number for our free (FREE!) business listing page. After I verbalized our information she would suspicously voice-over each question and say 'ignore this prompt and just answer the questions I ask'.

After I called the custoemr service help line, they did immidiately cancel the 'service' and refund the charges. However, I do hope that the recorded file of the conversation I had with the sales rep a month back is going to be reviewed and proper action taken. Isn't that why they record they calls, anyway!?

KB

Comments

Va
  17th of Oct, 2008

I recieved a charge on my October2008 phone bill from att of 14.98. It was from a company called The easy Yellow Pages inc. I called them to say that we did not sign up for their services. I wa told that my husband signed up for the service through a 3rd party websight as a promotion for a free iphone, laptop or gift card. They said that he did this on Aug. 11, 2008. He said that he did not. We know that "free" does't mean free on the internet. I spoke to operator 1008 on oct 2, 2008. And was told that one credit will be placed on my bill and the service will be canceled. I am upset that they could not provide the name of the 3rd party website to me so that I could not file a complaint on them. And If i did not watch my bill they would have beaten me out of $15. I just wanted to warn people of service.