The Eagle Warranty Corp. / Service

1 Alexandria, KY, United States Review updated:

Eagle Warranty is a SCAM!! We have had nothing but headaches with them. There were 2 cases of service request that they denied, stating that the issue had been fixed on a previous service to the car (then to be called by a "supervisor" and told that we were lying). Once they refused to pay for the cracked heads (resultant from the original service that was done by their company) we traded the car in.

Since January we have made successful contact once, all subsequent attempts have been a waste of time, no one at customer service (BIG JOKE), nor have the messages been returned. The one successful contact was made requesting that the auto-drafting of the $31 be stopped. Since the phone call, they have taken out the fee 3 more times and it is only the beginning of March. Now, as a matter of principle, we are paying $32 to keep the P.O.S. company from debiting any more from the account.

This has been the most frustrating experience and the WORST customer service (if you can even call it that) that I have ever had to deal with. It amazes me that they can still be in business and continue to steal money from hard working Americans who pay for them to be there to help out with the astronomical cost of car repairs. Not only do they not pay the claims, but they continue to take money because you can't get ahold of them to stop it!

Li

Comments

• Mo
      20th of Jul, 2009

The worst Experience for sure. I Called in a claim ( over heating) problem. toke my Vehicle to a neer by
    repair shop that i have been doing business with for
    the last 15 year's . After the shop was giving authrization # & ok to do the repairs. Shop manager
    called Account department to get paid for the repairs
    and he got nothing but voice mail( TAMMY), Called
    Customer service back to TAMMY (Voice Mail) & NO
    BODY EVER CALL BACK. Now repair shop wants to
    collect th BALANCE From Me. $$$$$$$
    ...SCAM SCAM SCAM...NEVER RECOMMEND.

• Jh
      31st of Jul, 2009

I Juan Lopez have a insurance with your company an I got my ford f250 fix by
    The ford company I your company told me that I was going to receive a money back of $4325.57thousand dollars. I sent a fax to yells company to let yell know I haven’t receive the check of I sent. the receipt 6/17/09 an I haven’t receive anything back yet I and I been living messages I just want to know if are yell going to sent it . Here my email lopez_jb@yahoo.com an if you have any questions please to call 210334-0735

• Ll
      1st of Dec, 2009

THis is certainly a scam. I have two incidents in which I have been deceived and robbed. My first claim took 2 and a half months to be processed. This latest claim is on its 3rd month when I was told that I would receive a check in 10 business days. Dont purchase from them. Their customer service consist of one person that may answer the phone after waiting 30 minutes and then being transferred to an automated voicemail that is never answered. It is unbelievable that this company can exist with its consumer fraud tactics. I have filed with the BBB in Scranton but I want to take further action (class action law suit). If there are enough people out there please email me at lsdlls@hotmail.com so we can shut their duplicitous activities down.

4th of Dec, 2009

I too have been a victim of Eagle Warranty. They owe my almost $7, 000. I've been promised payment several times. Even from the owner of the company.

Here is his contact information. All victims should get together and form a class action lawsuit against this company before they go out of business

Chuck Yaskulski

The Eagle Warranty Corporation

President/CEO

Phone:1-800-735-2529 * ext. 2980

Mobile: 570-954-0140

chuck@eaglewarranty.com

7th of Dec, 2009

I also have been a victim of eagle warranty.They never answer the phone and if they do answer they would put you through to a persons voice mail knowing that there in nobody there.The first time I had to use this warranty was back in july09 and it took them one month to pay for my car after me and the dealer called them many times and left unpleasant message on the phone.I also contacted the news for help and they could only tell me to fill out a attorney general compliant form i'm in the process of doing that.I 'm about to close my account because they don't deserve to get any more of my money.when they owe me money for the last claim I had to summit.I wish I had some where to turn to get instant help .We are getting robbed with our pants up.(from aneetra_grant@yahoo.com)

• Re
      7th of Dec, 2009

Chuck Yaskulski

The Eagle Warranty Corporation

President/CEO

Phone:1-800-735-2529 * ext. 2980

Mobile: 570-954-0140

chuck@eaglewarranty.com

If you want your money, hire an attorney. The CEO of this company has a whopper of a drug habit. Your money, and mine went up his nose. My heart aches for all the people screwed by this man. Class action lawsuit should be started, immediatley. Rumor has it bankruptcy is around the corner, which means no one will get their money. Some one has to stop this man!
    The numbers above are to the CEO of this so called company. Don't know about you, but it is my mission to get this man on the phone. Good luck to all

11th of Dec, 2009

I too have a claim with this company and waiting on a refund (small but still a refund). I called the toll free # on Friday, December 4th, 09 and there was a message that they were closed due to incliment weather. Today, December 11th, the recording says "The Eagle Warranty Corporation is closed for business at this time." I guess this means none of us will be getting our refund. This is crazy. I have paid for the warranty since January 06 and this was the first time I tried to use it and now I will not get my money! Something needs to be done!!!

• Da
      14th of Dec, 2009

I too have been a victim of Eagle Warranty, I have been promised a check to pay for an authorized repair back in June of this year. I have placed 100's of calls and have spoken to Joe on Oct 10, 2009 from the appraisal department, who stated my check would be sent out to me on November 16th, 2009. I have sent emails to every contact I could find with Eagale Warranty and have left 20 or so messages with the so- called accounting dept. (Tammy, Holly & Tracey). I believe we have all been unfortunately screwed, by Eagle Warranty and they are filing for bankrupcy. If anyone finds out that there is a class action suit please let us know. There is a form you can fill out with the PA Attorney Generals Office, but I think it may be too late to do anything.

14th of Dec, 2009

I guess I have been a victim of Eagle Warranty Company as well. I took my car in for repairs and received an authorization number. We got the same recordings when we called. First it said is closed due to incliment weather and then "not doing business today". Now I have to pay the 1800.00 before they will release the car. And I don't have 1800. This really sucks. If any of you find out if their is a class action lawsuit, please email me at shelleywinton@gmail.com

Thanks,

• Ni
      15th of Dec, 2009

Ok, I am just one of the many people that have been screwed by this company. I have already spoken to a lawyer on this situation and already filed a compliant with the BBB and the attorney general's office in PA. My next step is filing a compliant with my local Attorney general's office in RI. I have been waiting on my refund since September 26, 09. I have called and faxed and sent in the paperwork too. Now I am trying to cancel the warranty that I bought through the car dealership, who is also experiencing the same situation. This is crazy and these people think that they are going to get away with what they are doing. I will go to the media because I am not stopping until it is known what this company is doing. Good luck all. Any questions..my email is NikiL635@aol.com

• El
      16th of Dec, 2009

Add me to the list, transmission problem in October 2009, authorized repair #29110529. Repair shop required money before release of van in the amount of $1684.07. After conversation with Eagle employee was told they had no problem reimbursing me. Numerous calls have not resulted in payment and now their phones say the are closed for business.

Eli Campbell

• Va
      17th of Dec, 2009

I own a small repair shop in N.J. and have been doing business with Eagle warranty for many years. In the PAST they HAD always paid their claims on time--5 to 7 days.
    I called Eagle w/ a claim on June 5 09..I was given a authorization number in the amount of $2, 460.00. Repair was complete, and customer picked up their car after paying their share of the repair. I released the vehicle, thinking Eagle was going to hold up their end of the contract..WRONG!
    After 7 days, I started to call eagle looking for my money. I have left well over 500 messages, NOT ONE CALL BACK!!!
    So since June I have been out $2, 460.00. I filed a complaint w/ the BBB, in Pa. who send me an email stating there is nothing they can help me w/ since it's a business to business issue?????? I also filed w/ the Attorney General of Pa.
    I'll never see this money. ###!
    Colonialmuffler1@aol.com

• On
      17th of Dec, 2009

My company has been doing buisness with Eagle Warranty for years.Until the past 6 months or so they gave good service.Now we have a claim that is unpaid and many customers that have a contract with them that they will want backed and will want my company to do so.We are small and this could kill us especially with the way the car market being the waythat it is right now anyway.I mean they have been taking our money for contracts and answering the phone for claims but no one is paying them.I contact the Attorney General of Pa and they said that they can't help me cause they do not have the authority to handle buisness to buisness so I asked them who does.Basically no one does.Please any of you that are doing a class action or know anything that can help me please let me know.YOu can reach me at my e-mail Onyxmidnightstar@yahoo.com

• On
      17th of Dec, 2009

Oh and there website is till up and running come on people get on the bandwagon against Eagle and contact me at Onyxmidnightstar@yahoo.com or call 304-876-1006If enough of us band together someone has to do something.

• Ka
      17th of Dec, 2009

I Purchased a two yr extended warranty through the dealer who sold me my jeep on 9/11/2008 on November 30, 2009 i dropped my jeep off at the mehanics auto shop because the engine was tapping he told me he'd check it out call the warranty company which just so happens to be Eagle warranty they refused to give him a claim number until he pulls the engine apart and an adjuster would come out so, my mechanic pulls the engine out and they tell him he now has to pull out something from the bottom which he does he calls back and forth with them and the adjuster named Sean.
    This fisco went on for days with still no authorization number so, I call Sean we had words he said to have the mechanic call him, he did again with no return call back. Sean finally told the mechanic he wanted him to give me a year warrant but eagle was only going to pay for a used engine and if I wanted a rebuilt one I'd have to pay for it or sign a waiver for a used engine that after the thirty day warranty was over if something went wrong Eagle was not responsible for repairs so I said I'd do that since it was too much money for a rebuilt engine. So than the mechanic called and asked how this was going to be billed Sean from Eagle warrant told him to put the money up and that they would send him a check in 3 weeks so, of course the mechanic called be back and said he could not put up the $3078.00 I called the dealer who I purchased the jeep from and Joe told me he would look into it and with he called me back stating that the woman from Eagle who he spoke to said that's how they bill or I could pay for it and that they would send me out a check in 3 weeks . I called on Thursday December the 3rd Sean I was told was off for the day So I asked to speak with someone who could give me and authrization number they transfered me to Joe I got his answering machine left a message to call me or the mechanic with the approval number again no return call I finally got in touch with Sean on December the 8th I asked him what going on my jeep has been in a shop for 8 days and nothing is going on or getting done and that I need a conformation number I even told him that his company sounds shady he said that they were in buisness for a long time and that's how they bill and we would be reinburst I told him it was two weeks before Christmas and he better not be blowing smoke up my --- --- --- he said how dare I question his Character So, Decemberthe 8th I went and paid the mechanic $1800.00 to start the work I needed my Jeep my sister is in the hospital and I have Doctor's appointments Kenny the mechanic said he never in his life in 20 yrs working with warranty companies had ever had so much crap with a company before he spoke to so many people at this company .
    On Friday, December 4th, 09 and there was a message that they were closed due to incliment weather. Today, December 11th, the recording says "The Eagle Warranty Corporation is closed for business at this time."

• Jj
      18th of Dec, 2009

JUST ON THE WILKES BARRE/SCRANTON LOCAL NEWS.
    Attorney General Corbett files consumer protection lawsuit in used car warranty scam

HARRISBURG - A Lackawanna County used car warranty company and its operators, accused of defrauding thousands of motorists across the country, are the subject of a lawsuit filed by the Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Attorney General Tom Corbett said the civil lawsuit was filed against The Eagle Warranty Corporation, 940 Route 6, Scranton / Carbondale Highway, Eynon, PA; along with company President Charles Yaskulski, of RR 1, Box 50B, Uniondale, PA, and Vice-President Edmund Yaskulski, of RR 8, Box 8376, Moscow, PA.

Corbett said the company sold warranties for used cars through a network of car dealerships in twelve states, including Pennsylvania, Delaware, Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia. The company abruptly stopped operating on December 11th, 2009.

"Consumers paid anywhere from $400 to $2, 500 for up to four years of coverage, believing that they were protecting their vehicles and guarding against future repair expenses, " Corbett said. "Instead, consumers have been met with unanswered calls, unpaid claims, bounced checks, unrepaired vehicles and worthless warranties."

In conjunction with the consumer protection lawsuit, Corbett said the Attorney General's Office has obtained a special preliminary injunction, freezing any bank accounts, business records and other assets belonging to Eagle Warranty Corporation, along with Charles and Edmund Yaskulski. A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, December 22nd, at 9:30 a.m., in Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas, to determine if the asset freeze and special preliminary injunction should be continued.

Corbett said the Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection requested the asset freeze in order to identify and preserve any funds that might be used for future consumer restitution, as well as to secure financial and business records that would be helpful to this ongoing investigation.

According to the lawsuit, Eagle Warranty failed to honor auto repairs that it had authorized, resulting in consumers receiving bills or demands for payment from auto repair shops. In some instances, checks that were sent to consumers or repair shops by Eagle Warranty were returned by banks because of insufficient funds, resulting in additional fees or expenses for consumers and repair shops.

Corbett said that Eagle Warranty, along with Charles and Edmund Yaskulski, continued to market and accept payment for used car warranties until the business suddenly closed on December 11th, when they knew or should have known that they would be unable to provide continuing coverage. In many cases, consumers still have several years remaining on the repair plans they had purchased, but the company is now unable to fulfill those warranties.

The lawsuit seeks restitution for all consumers who have not received the services or products that they have paid for, along with civil penalties of up to $1, 000 per violation of the Consumer Protection Law (or up to $3, 000 for each violation involving a senior citizen).

Additionally, the lawsuit asks the court to prohibit the defendants from operating as a used car warranty business, or other similar capacity, until all consumer restitution and other penalties have been paid.

Corbett encouraged consumers who have encountered problems with the Eagle Warranty Corporation to call the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-441-2555 or file an online consumer complaint.

Corbett noted that the Attorney General's Office has so far received more than 160 complaints from consumers throughout Pennsylvania, along with motorists in Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia. Eagle Warranty claims to have approximately 65, 000 customers across the United States.

Consumers who purchased Eagle Warranty coverage in other states are urged to file complaints with their state Attorney General's Office or consumer protection agency, along with filing complaints with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection.

The case is being handled by Senior Deputy Attorney General J. P. McGowan, from the Scranton regional office of the Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection.

21st of Dec, 2009

I too have been a victim of Eagle Warranty, I have been awaiting a claim since August, and was given so many excuses it is not even funny.. Customer service is a joke I was always told I have to speak to joanne in accounting, but its funny that the lady who answered the phone stated her name was joanne. I was always transferred to someone that was suppose to help me, but yet I would get a voicemail, and when I call back I would get a busy signal..After sevral attempts and lies I decided to go to small claims court. I only learned today that they went out of business, because the courts had a question about the spelling of the address . So I called Eagle Warranty and then is when I learned they went out 0f business. poeple we have to do something to get our money back.. (shrtygirl77@aol.com)

• Ki
      22nd of Dec, 2009

Im a Eagle Warranty victim. The only thing we all can do is call BBB, Federal Trade Commission & Attorney General. Also we can hire a lawyer its a lawsuit we can file called Magnusson Moss Warranty Act. (found that out by calling the Fedral Trade Commision. ) I called some of the local news and they basically said there is nothing I can do or them. But I can't belive that because they helped those ladies out that paid for gowns at Bridal World and that comapny went bankrupt.
    Im in the same boat with the rest of you, Im raising 7 kids and need my van, but can't come up with the $2, 000+ to get it fixed. Right now it's sitting at my machanics in a million pieces because Eagle said to "tear it down". I have a great machanic thats not harassing me right now about getting it out of the shop. But thats not the point of this mess that these people are putting thousands of people through. We are hard working people just like everyone at Eagle. To bad they don't realize that also. Good Luck everyone. xevilicousx@aol.com

• Su
      23rd of Dec, 2009

Yes, I am another victim as well. I own a small used auto dealership and received an authorization to fix a customer's vehicle about 2 months ago and did so promptly. I was told I would be paid within fifteen days. After this time had expired, I would call in to see what was taking so long and all I would get was voicemail or always someone who could not assist me. I had a bad feeling and sure enough, I was right. Another customer was told to go ahead and have his engine torn down at a service garage. Now what will he do?I think this is a scam and a deliberate one. I think this company has been taking our money knowing they were going out of business. This is a crime and highly unethical. I'll be glad to unite with all other victims and take legal action against Eagle Warranty Corporation. One other thing, not only are customers not receiving an agreed contractual service, but all money sent to this company in payment for warranty that has been accepted and not reimbursed as well is very wrong! I have not received a phone call, letter or any information from this company. I have not even been able to leave a voicemail or access their website. Although, I am confident we can do something. Best Regards, Neal - summitmotorsllc@yahoo.com

• Je
      23rd of Dec, 2009

I PURCHASED MY CAR 10-08 I PAYED FOR 3 YEAR WARRANTY WITH EAGLE WARRANTY WELL COME TO FIND OUT I DIDNT HAVE A WARRANTY $800 BUCKS AND NO WARRANTY! I CLLED AND RAISED HELL AND WENT NTO THE DEALER SHIP WHERE I BOUGHT IT FROM AND IT CLOSED DOWN I AM BEYOND P.O IF THERE IS SUCH A POINT OF "PISTIVITY" IVE FAR PAST IT. IM GONNA SEE WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT GETTING MY MONEY BACK