The Cupcake Corner / Lack of Customer Service; Lack of Quality

1 61 New Hyde Park Rd., Garden City, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 516-328-2253

My friend and I took our daughters to The Cupcake Corner in Garden City, NY. Overall, I have to say, unfortunately, it was quite a negative experience.

The place is located on the corner of a busy road parking is rather difficult. We were looking forward to trying the various gourmet cupcakes which we read about on the store's their website. We sampled cotton candy, red velvet, tiramisu and cannoli. For all four flavors, the cake was lacking flavor and was extremely dry and crumbly. The frosting, again, was weak in the flavor department, way too sweet and the cannoli and red velvet frostings were hard. The cupcakes range between $3-$4 so were were quite disappointed.

I must say, the young girl behind the counter was exceptionally polite, efficient and helpful and completed the entire transaction with a smile, which was great to see.

Another thing important to mention for us, a least, was the lack of cleanliness of the shop and overall appearance of built up dirt, as if the place was either not cleaned that often or not cleaned well enough. The floor was sticky (our shoes were sticking to it ) and there were crumbs and dried coffee spills in many areas including tabletops and counters. Eeewwww!

The bathroom was dirty, as well, which is a major turnoff for me.

Anyway, I wish I could have something better to say about the shop and our visit there but I don't so, I guess I'd just recommend trying somewhere else for cupcakes.

Pa
Mar 05, 2013

Comments

• Tr
      Mar 05, 2013

My daughter and I visited The Cupcake Corner on New Hyde Park Rd. in Garden City, NY; she wanted to go so I thought we would give it a try. I'm very sorry that we did.

The woman behind the counter, who was supposedly the owner, was curt and downright rude to us...not the manner in which one would expect the proprietor of a child-oriented business to behave.

Regarding the product, the cupcakes we ordered were dry - they actually seemed stale - and overpriced.

The entire experience was a major let-down and The Cupcake Corner is not a place we would ever feel comfortable in recommending.

•   Mar 05, 2013

The Cupcake Corner is a child oriented business? Since when?

• Pa
      Mar 25, 2013

@Brenda* yeah, it is child-oriented. The decor is young, very pink, like, for little girls and they do kids parties and stuff like that. Why, is there another "The Cupcake Corner" maybe?