The College Network / bad business contract

WAS PRESSURED INTO SIGNING A CONTRACT IN WHICH I WAS TOLD WOULD HELP ME OBTAIN MY ADN. I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD APPLY FOR A LOAN TO COVER EXPENSES MY GRANT WOULDNT. I WASNT AWARE THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY SOME UNKNOWN SECONDARY COMPANY NAMED CITY CREDIT. OR THAT I COULDNT USE MY OWN BOOKS AND STILL PAY THEM FOR MATERIALS I DONT HAVE AND DONT NEED. APPROX 2 MONTHS AFTER SIGNING AND BEGINING MY COURSES ASSIGNED, I GET A LETTER STATING THEY NEED A TRANSCRIPT FROM A PREVIOUS COLLEGE TO COMPLETE MY COURSE OUTLINE. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE PRIOR TO ENROLLING. I ALSO WASNT INFORMED PRIOR TO SIGNING CONTRACT THAT EXCELLSIOR COLLEGE IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE COLLEGE NETWORK. THE REPRESENTATIVE THAT SPOKE WITH ME TOLD ME WHAT SHE FELT I NEEDED TO HEAR. FOR THE PAST 5 MONTHS, I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM TCN. I DECIDED TO CALL AND CANCEL MY ENROLLMENT AS I LOST A JOB AND CAN NO LONGER AFFORD TO PAY THIS UNUSED FEE. I WAS TOLD I OWE THEM AND HAD TO PAY. THEY WERE QUITE RUDE. I ASKED WHY AM I REQUIRED TO PAY FOR SUPPLIES THAT I DONT HAVE. THE RESPONSE WAS, "BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO."

Jo

Comments

• Th
      22nd of May, 2009

Dear Joyce,

When you sign up for the program, your Program Advisor uses the information made available at that time to complete a preliminary analysis of the courses that will be required to complete your degree. Once your file makes it's way to Academics, your transcripts are ordered. This allows us to verify your prior course work versus the degree requirements of the school with which you will enroll.

Prior to signing up if you notify your Program Advisor that you are completing courses locally, or if there are courses that you know you will not need materials for, you simply need to inform your Program Advisor and those courses would not be added.

With regard to our relationship with Excelsior College, the paperwork you completed states that we are not affiliated. We do have a collaborative agreement for their BSN program, but not for the ASN.

I have forwarded your complaint to our Customer Care Unit. It is my sincerest hope that they will be able to answer any additional questions and assist in resolving your complaint.

Sincerely,
    Rick
    The College Network

• Su
      25th of Aug, 2009

My problem with the college network has been funding. When I signed up I was under the impression that I would get some financial help with my program. I am in a finanical bind at this time and am unable to pay for the program that I signed up for. I have not recieved any material or have ask for anything else from the college network. The only thing I want is to get out of the contract and keep the college net work from continuing to hassle me about a bill I cannot afford to pay.
    I can also let you know that if the college net work continues to hassle me I will have to contact an attorney to file bankruptcy. The advisor I had was not truthful with me when I signed up. I also thought that I would get my degree thru a college in WV. and then was told I had to join Indiana University to get my degree. To recap please stop calling me about this and give the credit union back their money which you took on my behalf for this program.
    Susan Lonas-Smith

• Sw
      3rd of May, 2015

I also signed up with College network and yes they also borrowed money on my behalf from Southeast financial. The biggest mistake and finacial blow of my life. i have called and requested many many times exam checks to take a test after completion of modules. THEY WILL NOT SEND IT!. The first one ive been waiting on since October 2014...its still processing is the response i get everytime i call to follow up on it. Also they charged me for an algebra module and exam fee i didnt even need and showed proof and transcript that i had already taking that class at a local college prior to signing up with college network. They will not refund it. So im paying for a module i dont even need. Ive started some procedures and filing complaints.