The Colleg Network / Deceptive Trade Practices

United States, Illinois, Indianapolis
The College Network
3815 River Crossing Parkway suite 260
Phone: 800-395-3276
In May of 2008 I graduated college as an LPN. Shortly before graduation, I started looking into options to obtain my RN degree. I came across an advertisement for Excelsior. I clicked on the link and was directed to The College Network' s website. I filled out the form to have a representative contact me and shortly after a rep by the name of Christina Stanford came to my home and marketed the materials she claimed were "necessary for the Excelsior classes." She claimed "the professors from Excelsior write these 'learning modules' to mimic the material you will see on the exams." The materials she gave me claim partnership with Excelsior. She misrepresented The College Network. As soon as I discovered there is no affilitation whatsoever and the money that I am paying is for materials that are useless to me I stopped all payments and contacted the BBB, FTC, and consumer affairs. This has infuriated the company and I have received several harassing phone calls. My next step is consulting an attorney.