The Chimney Man: Seattle / Shoddy service, failure to show up for appointment to fix original problems, damage to property

1 1633 23rd Ave E or 1633 23rd AveSeattle, WA, United States
Phone: 800-406-0001 and 206-973-3660

My new condo association hired Rodney as a result of a proposal sent to us via e-mail by Doris Kelly, the business's office manager offering his services to inspect and clean our complex's 39 chimney, fireplaces, and dryer vents.

According to many residents in my building, he did the job poorly. In one case, the roof allegedly leaks after his visit. He then asked to come back to fix his problems which I commend him on.

The only problem is that Rodney didn't show up and neither he or Doris Kelly notified the property manager or any of the 9 affected homeowners including myself that he wouldn't be showing up.

The problem for me as a brand new homeowner was that in anticipation of his coming back, I had my painters disconnect the dryer (since he would have to reconnect them as part of his service) and was without laundry service for two months.

I then discovered that The Chimney Man, based in San Diego, CA is not registered as a business with the City of Seattle, the Washington State Department of Revenue, the Secretary of State, and Labor and Industries as a contractor as required by law.

Attempts to contact the owners Rodney and Doris Kelly through their phone numbers [protected] and [protected] have been unsuccessful.

The business uses the email addresses of doriskloan@aol.com and doriskell@gmail.com to solicit business.