The Center For Sound Consumer Advice

Posted:

Rip-off Mortgage Leads

2.5
You DO NOT want to work with this rip-off artist. Peter Welch contacted me many times, trying to get me to spend money on his 'verified mtg leads'. It was against my better judgment, but he ran a smooth conversation and had me sold on the product. The product was bogus. I purchased 50 exclusive leads that turned out to be unsuspecting people who had no idea their information was being sold as a mortgage lead. I demanded a refund in full and had to end up taking him & his company to small claims court. Needless to say, I won the judgment because he didn't bother to show up. Go to http://www.lakecountyclerk.org/services.asp?subject=Online_Court_Records&Online_Court_Records to checkout the case#2007 SC 002946.
This guy masqueraded to me, saying that his 'board of directors' were meeting to see if they could refund my money. This went on for several months. Finally he just stopped answering calls or returning my msgs. His last email said to me 'do what you gotta do'. So we did win in small claims.
This guy turns out to be some one-man operation working out of his little house in 'podunk' Florida. No offense to the people of Clermont, it looked nice. But this is no major operation...it wouldn't even be a garage company.

The long and short of this...don't be fooled or taken by this guy, his bogus lead program, or his poor excuse for a 'real company.' I did...you could be next.

Shawn
St. Louis, Missouri
U.S.A.
Complaint comments Comments (4)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Telemarketing

Comments

A  29th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I just got off the phone with Peter. They sent me an unsolicited fax and I wanted to know who they were. The guy is a creep. I was in the mortgage business for 10 years and I've never had to send junk faxes. The guy clearly does not care. I would never do business with him.
Steve in Florida
A  15th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
he is a total rip off. He ripped me off also.did you ever collect on your judgement?
A  10th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
I agree that Peter is a rip off.. I figure that I would give his company a try. Bought 10 leads and received only 2. Both leads were bogus as the clients had no idea they were looking for a mortgage. Several attempts to contact Peter, but he is in hiding. Stay Away !!! Paul in West Virginia
A  28th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
Spent $100 on 4 leads back in Oct. 2012 because I knew it didn't sound good and didn't want to get caught. My instincts were right, he never came through with the leads he promised. The people I spoke with were never really interested and one guy said he never requested the info. I wouldn't waste your time. Mike in CT

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree