The Cattle Exchange, Inc. / I went to work for The Cattle Exchange, Inc.

1 king st.Fayetteville, NC, United States Review updated:

I went for a job today at the cattle exchange on king st.
I seen the add on craigs list ...so I went.
It seemed to good to be true...smoking, cussing, playing around a pool table in the back room. after the so called "orientation" a bunch of childish workers all ran to the back to play pool screaming who goes first!?
I thought this was a place of business? Not a hangout or something.
So they told me I would be making up to 1, 000 a week...I was shocked I just sat back and listen.
They had some wall with peoples names written on them like school kids. for top sales..they had music from the local rock station playing and small heaters to keep the place warm..it was so nasty looking.
muddy as well . I looked at the trucks they looked to be on there last leg. and the freezers were rusty I am glad I seen a post on Craigs list not to go and pointed me to this site. YOU SAVED ME A LOT.
I would have been hurt if I worked all day and only got 5 dollars like the other guy said happened to him on King st.
do NOT apply...They say if it's too good to be true most likely it is...
WELL IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

St

Comments

• He
      20th of Jul, 2009

First off that is a lovely place to work, if you are not a whiny sniveling little person. You make what you put into it and you sound like a guy who would only make 5 dollars a day. And god forbid that in their off time the hard working men and women who work there should be able to enjoy the table or radio on their lunch breaks... please ### a little more. You just need to learn what hard work is so you keep looking on craig's list for your perfect little indoors cushy job, the real workers will do the stuff you are obviously not suited (or particularly wanted) to do.

10th of Sep, 2009

I worked for the one in Trussville Alabama right outside Birmingham and was told the same thing that I would be making 1, 000 dollars a week after a 120 dollar cut.I never made more than 50 dollars a day working at that crap hole.It was full of smoke and it seemed like an unsanitary place to be selling a food product.We smoked weed before we hit the road and some other white guy had Zanex pills, said they helped him sell more meat.They put me to sleep and he tried to rob me of my goods.I kicked his ### and left with the money and I'll never work for those thieving, perveted ### again.Manager's name was Jason ''PAYDAY'' Jennings.

• Ci
      8th of Oct, 2010

I don't know what to think. I started today at the Trussville, AL office. I honestly don't know what to think. I just got home from the after sales meeting. I stayed out all day just to make $20, which I could have made in 3 hours at the plasma center. I need cash, but I don't want to spend all day for less than $100.

Can someone help me make my mind up?